You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dseehafer

WG! The new sinking visuals are seriously awesome!

30 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Seriously, good job you guys! Today I was watching a New Orlean roll over, and just as it was about to go completely belly up... it bloody splits in half!! I litterally OMG'd out loud! If you havnt already, i'd suggest you get into the habit of watching your ship sink! They have done a mighty good job with the animations... just wish the camera wasnt so bloody close to the wreck when you die, but that's besides the point.

WG, good job, you really outdid yourselves with this one. keep up the good work! :medal:

• Cool 6

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Im in love with the new animations some ships sink instantly some sit and slowly slip beneath the waves

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Im in love with the new animations some ships sink instantly some sit and slowly slip beneath the waves

I'm waiting for one to go all Titanic on me. (Then again it was proven that Titanic did not split apart on the surface, but still)

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

I'm waiting for one to go all Titanic on me. (Then again it was proven that Titanic did not split apart on the surface, but still)

Well it did split before it slipped under but the split finished under the water.
  • Cool 1

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
11,518 battles

Just wait until you are sunk in a shallow area and your wreck remains partially above the surface for a longer time than the sinking animation takes.  It does eventually disappear, however, I don't know how long it takes to disappear.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
5,747 battles

Now all we really need for it to be complete is huge plumes of smoke for where they are sinking.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Well it did split before it slipped under but the split finished under the water.

ALL observers saw her split while on the surface but, as you say, full split (totally broke in half) happened under water. All observers, and their were quite a few, saw bow up and stern up as she split on surface. Then went under. Well documented.  You are correct.  Rose and Leo will back me up on this!  Har
Edited by dmckay

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,350 battles

.. just wish the camera wasnt so bloody close to the wreck when you die, but that's besides the point.

Switch to the free camera. I forgot the buttons but Im sure someone will help me out.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

You mean totally broke in half.  She split on surface but total break occurred as she went under.  Trust me...I am a Doctor.  :teethhappy:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
5,960 posts
13,868 battles

Agree.  Devs hit a homerun on this one.  The new sinking animations are great.

...as long as it's playing for someone else.

[WKY20]
Members
1,313 posts
7,074 battles

Thank you 'Steel Ocean' you make WG works harder. Now I hope they give us more reasonable, fairer prices for premium ships. But I

'm not complaining much. Overpriced stuff keeps me from wasting my money anyway.

Well, unless it comes in the shape of South Dakota battleship.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
5,960 posts
13,868 battles

Switch to the free camera. I forgot the buttons but Im sure someone will help me out.

[Ctrl] + [R] + [shift] + [backspace]

In quick sequential order.

Only used it in replays,  IDK if it works during an actual match.

Edited by Kuckoo

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Lotta oil in water.  Needed....oil on fire. Smoke and flames.  This was totally common.  Nit picking here.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
5,960 posts
13,868 battles

Overpriced stuff keeps me from wasting my money anyway.

Well, unless it comes in the shape of South Dakota battleship.

I admit this is probably the one time that I would allow myself to be extorted for a ship.  As long as she's done right, and not arbitrarily nerfed (now or later) for some stupid reason.

...we are talking about the SoDaks that actually existed, not the cancelled pre-Washington Treaty BC, right?

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

ALL observers saw her split while on the surface but, as you say, full split (totally broke in half) happened under water. All observers, and their were quite a few, saw bow up and stern up as she split on surface. Then went under. Well documented.  You are correct.  Rose and Leo will back me up on this!  Har

other way around, most of the witnesses swear she went down in one piece. The fact of the matter is the debris field is far too small (2mi diameter) for the ship to have broken up on the surface. She split up on the way down. They did a whole documentary about it in 2012 for the 100th anniversary.

0 posts

The new animations are just plain amazing, I really hope for more additions, and variety, for it truly looks amazing. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,684 battles

Definitely a good job on the animations, WG. Thanks for listening to the community as well.

[WKY20]
Members
1,313 posts
7,074 battles

I admit this is probably the one time that I would allow myself to be extorted for a ship.  As long as she's done right, and not arbitrarily nerfed (now or later) for some stupid reason.

...we are talking about the SoDaks that actually existed, not the cancelled pre-Washington Treaty BC, right?

Yes that one.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Can't wait for the detonation animation.  Mushroom explosion extraordinaire.

Beta Testers
420 posts
4,110 battles

Just wait until you are sunk in a shallow area and your wreck remains partially above the surface for a longer time than the sinking animation takes.  It does eventually disappear, however, I don't know how long it takes to disappear.

what they need to do is have them permanently beached if it's not deep enough to sink. This would make me enjoy the game a lot more.

[PO7S]
Members
344 posts
19,933 battles
Ships capsizing is nice but if the ship was hit by torpedoes wouldn't the damage be visible when the ship capsizes.  Also the water is too clean need debris and oil slick as well as fires on the surface. 

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Ships capsizing is nice but if the ship was hit by torpedoes wouldn't the damage be visible when the ship capsizes.  Also the water is too clean need debris and oil slick as well as fires on the surface. 

there's only so much you can do until you start running into issues with lag

Beta Testers
149 posts
3,810 battles

Yes, this is definitely a step in the right direction and I hope they add more. I watch my Blys split in half and both the bow and stern disappear separately under the waves. I've only seen two splits so far, that and a roll over and split in a Myoko like what you mentioned.