You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Come on WG, fix your MM!

22 comments in this topic

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

God, I'm so angry right now! I can see that WG has not learned anything from WoT and continue with their proven track record of failure in matchmaking. The people who code it have no friggin' idea what they are doing, but you let them go on with their work. How can WG not understand the mind of gamers after having their games live for so long? 

I'm just SO SICK AND TIRED of WG not designing their damn games around skill, and just making an unfair matchup after an unfair matchup so they can force some players into percentages they "might like". Tonight I played fourteen games tonight, and guess what, in EVERY SINGLE ONE this happened:

cLZWwvs.jpg

I've gotten team after team after team of competent players! No matter what I did, how hard I tried to throw, we still won! Just look at this bullcrap!

yBaTbee.jpg

I rushed into a cap like an idiot, got smoked after doing a mere 23k damage, and was second to last by XP, and I STILL win?! What the hell! How is this fair?!

It's stuff like this that convinces people the MM is fixed. Winning every game I played tonight, all FOURTEEN of them?! Clearly getting this is downright IMPOSSIBLE, unless the MM is rigging me to win, that's the only plausible explanation here! I'm seriously so fed up with all this winning! I think I need a day or two away from WoWS. Maybe it's time to play some Hearthstone.

• Cool 4

[KIA]
Members
1,860 posts
7,766 battles

Angry about winning.

Well that's new. 

I'm up for Hearthstone anytime! 

Edited by Skeem689
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

How can WG not understand the mind of gamers after having their games live for so long?

They do

but they also actually understand statistics.

which most gamers think they understand, but in reality all they see is "magic"

[WRHD]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
556 posts
1,222 battles

Pretty simple why

South American toasters can't handle World of Warships.

Otherwise we'd all playing World of Tanks, and crying about mm.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Angry about winning.

Some people might say that I'm simply a tin-foil conspiracy theorist, that MM is purely random, and that this string of victories occurred purely by chance. They'll try to confuse me with all their fancy talk of sample sizes and probabilities. But you know what? I AIN't BUYING IT! Clearly something is fishy here!

Just ask yourself: is it impossible that for some reason the MM really wants me to win, and keeps stacking teams in my favor?! No, it's not impossible, and therefore it's likely true!

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

come play coop where MM is always fair except it's bots vs human bots.

had a thread some time back where . . . someone was ranting Co-Op was unfair because the equally matched teams gave him no advantage

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,125 battles

quality post, i have to agree something is definitely wrong, i won a game tonight where i did 5k damage and assisted with one cap in my shima and STILL won!! something definitely not right...

Members
3,929 posts
20,996 battles

had a thread some time back where . . . someone was ranting Co-Op was unfair because the equally matched teams gave him no advantage

MM has been one of the biggest issues for so many years in the wot forums along with cvs arty. I think it really is a difficult subject to approach especially when you have a small server pop. on NA.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

MM has been one of the biggest issues for so many years in the wot forums along with cvs arty. I think it really is a difficult subject to approach especially when you have a small server pop. on NA.

Yes - we need a much larger server population

so Co-Op will run properly and people won't complain about not getting an advantage :look:

Members
3,929 posts
20,996 battles

so Co-Op will run properly and people won't complain about not getting an advantage :look:

Yes coop MM will always be unfair when you're garbage.

Edited by yUPPatriots

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

I keep getting teams playing tier 6's with 200 battles under their belt.  I should just give them my coin and save my time losing battle after battle.

Beta Testers
1,776 posts
1,592 battles

I'm just SO SICK AND TIRED of WG not designing their damn games around skill, and just making an unfair matchup after an unfair matchup so they can force some players into percentages they "might like". Tonight I played fourteen games tonight, and guess what, in EVERY SINGLE ONE this happened:

Make friends and div up, or make more friends and run team battles. If you want skill-based gameplay then go play teams.

I don't think you understand the nature of the PUG.

As you can see, the PUG is a very complex creature with a variety of emotions and mindsets that may run contrary to your own.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

In all seriousness though. I just kept seeing threads that complain about X many losses in a row, roughly every other one would then complaints that somehow MM cheated that person out of his/hers well-deserved wins.  So I though to myself -- how come nobody ever complains about a winning streak? Statistically, for an average player winning 14 games in a row has the same probability as losing 14 games.

Thus the thread :trollface:

Beta Testers
1,776 posts
1,592 battles

In all seriousness though. I just kept seeing threads that complain about X many losses in a row, roughly every other one would then complaints that somehow MM cheated that person out of his/hers well-deserved wins.  So I though to myself -- how come nobody ever complains about a winning streak? Statistically, for an average player winning 14 games in a row has the same probability as losing 14 games.

Thus the thread :trollface:

Indeed.

I just had to take it seriously because I wanted to put up a video of pugs.

Pugs need to be shared with all.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Scrub!!!! Lol

Hey, I tried SO hard not to carry, and what does the frigging MM do? Gives me a win! Tell me, how is that fair :(((

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

Learn to suck more.

Beta Testers
425 posts
19,610 battles

I guess the MM that puzzles me the most is on a domination map where one side has another badly outnumbered in DD's ans sometimes cruisers as well. It gives that team a huge capping advantage IMO. I played in one recently where one teams DD's outnumbered the other 4-2 on a 4 cap domination game. Puzzling as I said?

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

I guess the MM that puzzles me the most is on a domination map where one side has another badly outnumbered in DD's ans sometimes cruisers as well. It gives that team a huge capping advantage IMO. I played in one recently where one teams DD's outnumbered the other 4-2 on a 4 cap domination game. Puzzling as I said?

Last night I was in a match where my team had 5BBs, 1CA, and 6DDs, the other team had 2BBs, 9CAs, and 1 DD. It did not go well for them, not only did we cap them out,  the only ship they had left was the DD and he was running and hiding..