You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Moe

Any reason to keep the NY?

33 comments in this topic

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

I purchased the Texas, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why I should keep my NY. I do enjoy BB play.

Thoughts:

1. Texas has better AA, better angling due to improved turret angle on one of the back turrets, +30% XP every match, -3% and -4% camo

2. NY has the bonus daily XP and a 9 point commander.

Outside of the daily bonus XP, I just can't see keeping the NY. What haven't I thought of? If you buy the Texas and also have the NY, will you keep the NY? Why? Thanks.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles

Put the NY commander in the Texas, sell the NY.

• Cool 6

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

Good idea. I'm actually using my NM captain, trying to get ready for the next Ranked. I certainly don't want to lose a 9 point commander, which I could retrain for another US ship or DD.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

I actually sold my NY months ago in hopes of there eventually being a premium USS Texas...

• Cool 1

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

That is my plan..

• Cool 1

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

I actually sold my NY months ago in hopes of there eventually being a premium USS Texas...

Haha. That's it in a nutshell, right?

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

I was going to sell my tier 4 Wyoming since I have the Arkansas Beta. In world of tanks crews gain much higher levels, so, its often beneficial to keep equal tiered tanks for the daily double. In this game though, the daily is only 1.5, and since the premium has 30% more XP per battle, there really is no reason to keep an equal tier ship type to a premium when it isn't better. 

Now that I just got the Texas as well, I really don't need to keep any other low tier battleships except the one that I am grinding out the next level too. With the discounts on port slots soon though, maybe you might want to keep it and maybe the daily 1.5 will be worth it. At my newbish level i really don't see a need to keep any tier 5 or lower battleship once you have the Texas, or even the Arkansas Beta for that matter.

• Cool 1

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

I was going to sell my tier 4 Wyoming since I have the Arkansas Beta. In world of tanks crews gain much higher levels, so, its often beneficial to keep equal tiered tanks for the daily double. In this game though, the daily is only 1.5, and since the premium has 30% more XP per battle, there really is no reason to keep an equal tier ship type to a premium when it isn't better. 

Now that I just got the Texas as well, I really don't need to keep any other low tier battleships except the one that I am grinding out the next level too. With the discounts on port slots soon though, maybe you might want to keep it and maybe the daily 1.5 will be worth it. At my newbish level i really don't see a need to keep any tier 5 or lower battleship once you have the Texas, or even the Arkansas Beta for that matter.

I appreciate the comment. That would be my plan as well, to get rid of the lower tier BB's, except for something like Project R, which rewards lower tier play. I'm keeping the lower tiers primarily for that reason, and sometimes it's just fun to play a basic game.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

None. Get rid of it. Even if you don't have Texas, you should still get rid of it.

God, I hate the NY.

• Cool 2

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

The New York is a fun ship ... but there's obviously no reason to keep it if you purchased the Texas. In fact, the only reason to keep the New York is if you're still grinding XP on it to get the New Mexico.

• Cool 1

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

None. Get rid of it. Even if you don't have Texas, you should still get rid of it.

God, I hate the NY.

i-love-new-york-131472818630.png
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,456 battles

Texas is a great captain trainer, so I wouldn't have a dedicated captain for her.  

Definitely sell the NY - no reason to keep her now unless you prefer her over Texas for some reason....

• Cool 1

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

Texas is a great captain trainer, so I wouldn't have a dedicated captain for her.  

Definitely sell the NY - no reason to keep her now unless you prefer her over Texas for some reason....

I agree. I'm using my NM captain. Looks to me like there's no reason to keep her. I guess if I was from NY, there might be a reason, but I actually visited the Texas when I was a kid. Seems like it was in Galveston with a submarine at Sea Wolf park. Don't even know if it's still there, but I had a lot of fun touring the ship.

Edit. The Texas is actually near Houston, and the SeaWolf is in Galveston. We took a road trip when I was young and must have visited both. Great times.

USS Texas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jacinto_Battleground_State_Historic_Site

Edited by The_Moe

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

I'll probably get the TX even though I have terrible memories of that NY dispersion. Though that wall of AA, a better turret angle, and premium benefits is something that's difficult to reject. I have the NM so I will probably move her captain to TX for the daily bonuses.

• Cool 1

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Sold mine the moment the Texas showed up in my port.

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

I keep all my ships !!  all 100 of them  !!

Great! I thought I was bad, with 46 of them. Glad I'm not alone. :honoring: I'll give it some time, but at this point, I can't see keeping two similar tier V BBs.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,147 battles

Well, no not really any good reason to keep NY.  But I'll be keeping it anyway.  I think it will be neat to have all the ships in one nation's tech line, and I plan on doing that with US BB, at least until an exclusive reward ship comes up that I can't get. I don't have Montana yet but a month of premium time with the loaded Texas bundle should get me there.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I plan on keeping mine- I liked it!  Particularly so since I got the captain up to 10 points, and got AFT.  I shoot down few planes, these days- because the CV's avoid me!   I figure to use Texas to level up my captains faster, but I won't be selling any of my regular tree BB's.  I enjoyed them all way too much to just toss them.   Atlanta WILL be sold to free up a port slot for it- God, I hate that ship...

I'm at 45 ships myself, lol.  I also hate selling them!

Being from NY, I like having a ship called NY.  I love my Wyoming, so the dispersion on NY doesn't bother me overly much...

• Cool 1

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

I purchased the Texas, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why I should keep my NY. I do enjoy BB play.

Thoughts:

1. Texas has better AA, better angling due to improved turret angle on one of the back turrets, +30% XP every match, -3% and -4% camo

2. NY has the bonus daily XP and a 9 point commander.

Outside of the daily bonus XP, I just can't see keeping the NY. What haven't I thought of? If you buy the Texas and also have the NY, will you keep the NY? Why? Thanks.

Move the NY captain to Texas, say goodbye to the secondary guns and hello to dead planes, and sell the New York. 

You also earn more credits than the New York per battle in addition to the exp

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

I plan on keeping mine- I liked it!  Particularly so since I got the captain up to 10 points, and got AFT.  I shoot down few planes, these days- because the CV's avoid me!   I figure to use Texas to level up my captains faster, but I won't be selling any of my regular tree BB's.  I enjoyed them all way too much to just toss them.   Atlanta WILL be sold to free up a port slot for it- God, I hate that ship...

I'm at 45 ships myself, lol.  I also hate selling them!

Being from NY, I like having a ship called NY.  I love my Wyoming, so the dispersion on NY doesn't bother me overly much...

Don't sell Atlanta. I am not good in mine either, but I have since learned that it really is a good ship if you play a certain way. I used to be the kind of guy who only wanted to play what seemed to work with my current attitude / desires. But 11k games in World of Tanks has convinced me that once you have a great tank/ship that is really good at a particular thing, it is better to simply learn how to play it, instead of selling it.

In this regard, my Atlanta, is a tool that can really help me to learn to play better. That is how I look at it now. Yes, like most newbs i do better in battleships and other cruisers. But I am not selling my Atlanta for a port slot, especially since port slots will be on sale soon. Instead, I will have to make a long study of the Atlanta and I will be a much better player at the end of it.

Edited by Rounne

[NMKJT]
Members
4,302 posts
9,133 battles

Got mine, sold the NY. I used the no.3 turret when I thought I could get away with it, but Texas is just better. Aside from that, CVs seem to want nothing to do with you if you're Texas.

• Cool 1