You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

Thank you!!! =D

51 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Thank you WG! For offering not only the USS Texas, but also offering her in a non-bundled form! Allowing people with limited funds to also get a chance to get her, or people who simple JUST want the ship without all the extra fluff. =) (even though I bought the $30 fully loaded bundle... :hiding:)

Also! Thank you post office for delivering my tax refund on time to be able to purchase her...

But **** you work for making me not be able to play her until the weekend... :( *is silently sobbing*

#justwannaplayTexas

To be honest, I wasn't really looking to buy the Texas, mostly because she is technically only a re-skinned NY (with better AA of course) so she didn't really hold that much interest in me. I bought mainly because I wanted another USN premium BB. Something we haven't had since the ArkB was given out. I mean seriously, the ArkB, until now, was the ONLY USN battleship in the game. I seriously hope it doesn't take this long to add in other needed ships... *cough*Pennsylvania class BB*cough* :hiding:

Edited by Kitsunelegend
  • Cool 6

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,456 battles

Agreed it's pretty awesome.  Do the other servers get the Texas?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Sounds like we need to get a Texas division going this weekend! :izmena:

You'll get your Pennsylvania-class eventually.  Most likely in the form of Arizona...

Beta Testers
737 posts
9,549 battles

TY WG for the flags but also you're making things difficult in the Premium Shop, as always. There are several flag packs that don't indicate the number of flags included (see FLAGS: MORE COMMANDER EXPERIENCE as an example). Also, why is there no shopping cart? I have to make 7 different purchases. I, personally, and many other people have asked for a multiple item buy option. When you offered flag sales last year there was a cart but then it vanished. 

This is 2016. Please get with the program.

FLAGS: MORE COMMANDER EXPERIENCE

Members
4,608 posts

Went ahead and grabbed her, now need to play the NY and then Texas and see what the real difference is before selling my NY.

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

Thank you WG! For offering not only the USS Texas, but also offering her in a non-bundled form! Allowing people with limited funds to also get a chance to get her, or people who simple JUST want the ship without all the extra fluff. =) (even though I bought the $30 fully loaded bundle... :hiding:)

Also! Thank you post office for delivering my tax refund on time to be able to purchase her...

But **** you work for making me not be able to play her until the weekend... :( *is silently sobbing*

#justwannaplayTexas

To be honest, I wasn't really looking to buy the Texas, mostly because she is technically only a re-skinned NY (with better AA of course) so she didn't really hold that much interest in me. I bought mainly because I wanted another USN premium BB. Something we haven't had since the ArkB was given out. I mean seriously, the ArkB, until now, was the ONLY USN battleship in the game. I seriously hope it doesn't take this long to add in other needed ships... *cough*Pennsylvania class BB*cough* :hiding:

I completely agree. It's also nice to be able to purchase flags. I'm actually looking forward to playing again, when time and work permit. Now if we can just get some work done on the PVE side of things, all will be great. +1

Members
612 posts
2,852 battles

Went ahead and grabbed her, now need to play the NY and then Texas and see what the real difference is before selling my NY.

Either Noster or iChase had a fantastic review of the Texas, showing what really makes the difference between the two. Outside of the AA on the Texas, the gun arc of one of the rear turrets allows for better angling when shooting. I'm honestly wondering why I should keep my NY as well. Think I'll keep her for a month or so and see what happens, but I can't imagine playing her again at this point.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,147 battles

I can finally retire my ark now, like the ship but no AA is the exact opposite of what I prefer. 

Edit: with the texas I now have more premiums than normal ships. 10:9

Edited by Raptor_alcor

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Now if we can just get some work done on the PVE side of things, all will be great. +1

Looking forward to that as well.  PvE would be the perfect environment for a proper campaign mode, or at least some more immersive historical scenarios.

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

Eight days till college is over... Eight days till college is over...

I already bought her. As a Texan is would be counter to every tradition I know and love not to buy her. And I love traditions (might have something do with with my college). But yes, I share all of your excitement Kitsune. At least you will get to play her sooner than me. I foresee much coffee and bacon in your future as you pull all nighters.

[FEM]
Beta Testers
3,276 posts
740 battles

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the new way in which NA is selling ships. You gave us your feedback, sent me numerous PMs ;), and we were able to get this done. The Ships team will continue to work with you, the players, and gather your feedback. Without you, there is no us.

• Cool 22

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the new way in which NA is selling ships. You gave us your feedback, sent me numerous PMs ;), and we were able to get this done. The Ships team will continue to work with you, the players, and gather your feedback. Without you, there is no us.

Thank you Niko for passing on our wishes! The ability to buy just a ship is a real pull for me to buy ships. Bundles really turn me off cause I can rarely take advantage of the premium time that comes in the bundle, so it was just wasted money for me. Keep up the awesome work Niko! We do appreciate all you do for us!

Beta Testers
297 posts
3,568 battles

sorry they need more Germans!!! Bb's DD's CA's if they want my money (Not the Tripz becuase thats over $100NZD lol

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,605 posts
7,195 battles

I sincerely thank the WGNA team as well. Bundles put ships out of reach of many players, particularly those on the NA server that don't live in the US and are already paying a lot due to poor exchange rates between their native currency and the USD.

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

Thank you Niko and WG for listening to your players! :medal::honoring:  Not only by offering new ships, but also by offering both bundled and unbundled choices and offering flags!  This is great progress, and I personally appreciate it!  I am purchasing the USS Texas today!  Niko, any idea why the Texas bundles do not show the option to pay with Karma Koin?

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

It's very pretty and I can't wait to get home to play it.

... uhm ... you may want to talk to your marketing guys to remove that spotter plane bit from the description, mind you.

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

First let me say I am very happy that you are selling the ships just with a port slot and with several bundles I do really like that. But I have to ask about the base price. Why is the Texas $25 and the Murmansk $16 when they are both tier 5 ships. I get the Texas is a BB and they cost more but 50% more? Anyways just giving feedback.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

First let me say I am very happy that you are selling the ships just with a port slot and with several bundles I do really like that. But I have to ask about the base price. Why is the Texas $25 and the Murmansk $16 when they are both tier 5 ships. I get the Texas is a BB and they cost more but 50% more? Anyways just giving feedback.

Extra charge for a BB. Plus the bundles look better this way :trollface:

[RNF]
Beta Testers
211 posts
4,419 battles

Because Texas is a BB and Murmansk is a CL. BB costs more pixels to build and therefore is more expensive.
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Beta Testers
814 posts
7,968 battles

American BB. Instant buy. :D The 30$ bundle is worth it too. What like 4$ more then the ship for 12$ worth of premium time? Works for me.

• Cool 1

[TACO]
Beta Testers
562 posts
10,631 battles

Quit being poor! Thanks for everything WoWSNA crew, I'm loving the premium shop right now. With my wallet!

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

Extra charge for a BB. Plus the bundles look better this way :trollface:

Because Texas is a BB and Murmansk is a CL. BB costs more pixels to build and therefore is more expensive.

Trust me I fully expected it to cost more, I just was surprised to see it cost 50% more. I was more expecting it to cost 20, with the Murmansk costing 16.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,110 battles

Thanks Niko. Just pass along, when you give us what we want, wallets open and WG gets what it wants. It's a Win-win situation.