You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frosty63

Teamkiller changes

13 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
15,522 battles

I think that these recent changes should be reviewed,

Although I understand the rationale for it, when I go into battle with up to 2 teammates who are tagged, it seems a bit much, especially when those are larger ships.

DD's where this would be more common is somewhat understandable, I've been there myself, when in an attempt to survive, one gets pretty free with launching torpedos everywhere, and sometimes there is collateral damage, but then again, it is a wargame, collateral damage is often the norm.

But when I saw, a pink Carrier with pink planes cruising over my head, I thought it might be time to say something.

Carriers that do not have the ability to manually launch torpedos are at a disadvantage when it comes to targetting and often once in the zone, you cannot change the release of them at the last moment and sometimes, your own allies wander into the release track.

Yes we should all be a little more careful about launching torps, or shooting in close proximity to others, however, the other side does not have these restrictions, and a seconds delay in assuring clearance, can and has meant the difference between win or loss for the team.

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

But when I saw, a pink Carrier with pink planes cruising over my head, I thought it might be time to say something.

Carriers that do not have the ability to manually launch torpedos are at a disadvantage when it comes to targetting and often once in the zone, you cannot change the release of them at the last moment and sometimes, your own allies wander into the release track.

I really don't understand this point, what makes a pink CV different to other ships? 

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Eventually, we will all be pink.

Members
13 posts
15,522 battles

As I stated, for basic skill levels without manual release control, CV's  have severe limitations, or much less control, than say DD's or other surface ships which can aim much more accurately, and therefore have a greater degree of control, and should be more directly responsible.

I've had to circle planes waiting for a team mate to clear the field of fire, which means the team is down my support which could be needed elsewhere, even then, I've seen a mate, turn and head back into the kill zone, with no time to send a message to watch out.

The numbers of teamkillers showing up is pretty extreme, and I would suggest, that if you sink a team member, fine, get the designation, but if it is due to damaging them, well, its battle, stuff does happen, sail another day and be forwarned, and a little more careful.

I may be wrong, but it seems like there is a lot of punishment happening for something that is pretty common in gaming and in real life, been there myself in the heat of conflict when things get a little crazy.

Members
270 posts
85 battles

Who says the CV player was actually driving a CV when they gained the pink tag? I think it will take a while for the effects to filter into the mindset of many players... After all there are a large percentage who seem unable to grasp the concept of domination and play every game the same way. Even the border humpers took a while to grasp the changes in that mechanic.

• Cool 1

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

you know it's your account that turns pink, right? not just one ship.

someone could sink a teammate with torps from a destroyer, then jump into a battleship. presto: pink battleship.

• Cool 1

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

As I stated, for basic skill levels without manual release control, CV's  have severe limitations, or much less control, than say DD's or other surface ships which can aim much more accurately, and therefore have a greater degree of control, and should be more directly responsible.

I've had to circle planes waiting for a team mate to clear the field of fire, which means the team is down my support which could be needed elsewhere, even then, I've seen a mate, turn and head back into the kill zone, with no time to send a message to watch out.

The numbers of teamkillers showing up is pretty extreme, and I would suggest, that if you sink a team member, fine, get the designation, but if it is due to damaging them, well, its battle, stuff does happen, sail another day and be forwarned, and a little more careful.

I may be wrong, but it seems like there is a lot of punishment happening for something that is pretty common in gaming and in real life, been there myself in the heat of conflict when things get a little crazy.

What? CVs can aim much better than any other ship. If there's a chance you might hit someone an ally with a CV, why would you even bother? And why use auto drop when you can use manual.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,880 battles

The first time I saw Pink Planes, I lmbo.  

Turning pink used to be a rarity, but now I have 1-2 players per match that way.

It's becoming less of a shaming system by becoming so common.

Either it will still shame people enough, or will lose effectiveness when whole teams get 'pinked'.

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

I think the TK changes are good ones.  It does go to show how much friendly fire there is in the battles.  As someone who has seen the awful results of friendly fire real world, I think emphasizing the importance of avoiding shooting a teammate is a good one.  There was way to much reckless firing in the player base, this change will drastically reduce it, I believe, which is a good thing.  It does make it more realistic by making players be more careful about shooting up a friendly....

Two thumbs up to WG for this change...

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Beta Testers
1,320 posts
7,422 battles

Jingles has a replay up where a Tirpitz sunk a friendly Atago by hitting it with ONE (singluar) secondary shell.  You know those secondaries that you can't control?  Yeah, one shell, lit the Atago on fire, and he burned to death.  Talk about lack of control.

It's a good thing that was a 5.4 battle, since he would have instant-pinked in 5.5. 

Members
2 posts
877 battles

this sucks, some dumb [edited]fires on me and almost sinks me, I fire back and destroyed him and I'm punished for this crap??????

every game I have played since I have been insulted and threatened, this is total bull, and I refuse to spend any coins or play from here on!!!!

[ARRGG]
Beta Testers
1,320 posts
7,422 battles

this sucks, some dumb [edited]fires on me and almost sinks me, I fire back and destroyed him and I'm punished for this crap??????

Sorry Evony, that one is on you.  There have been enough threads and videos on how to deal with team damagers that you have been adequately warned not to be a vigilante.

This is actually a known tactic of professional griefers.  Your fault for falling for it.