Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StrikeTalon

Commemorative Flag Nice Bonuses! Military Appreciation Mission

63 comments in this topic

Members
1,054 posts
11,054 battles

Military Appreciation Missions

Well.  Like a dummy I didnt read the Mission Start Date and End date correctly.  For some reason i thought we just had 24 hrs to complete it.  So I did.

The flag you win  for completion is pretty nice.  Comes with bonuses.  Sweet!

ZJLDrFb.png

FYI it doesnt use a signal flag slot.  It used the slot for the flag you get in ranked mission.  i.e. Jolly Rogers, etc

Edited by StrikeTalon
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

I WANT THAT FLAG!

It takes like a few days of normal playing to get.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

We need more flag slots so that we can mount ALL the pretty flags!

• Cool 8

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

I want it, mainly so that I have a little piece of bling to throw on all my ships. I'd fly signals, but those are consumable, and so I always think "but what if I need them later" and don't. (Because they're such a huge boost, right?)

I'm currently on part 3. Doesn't seem like it's overly hard to complete, though the torpedo part took me a bit of time since I don't usually land torpedo hits (Battleships, Furutaka, and Aoba aren't generally great at torping things reliably). Then I got 5 torps in one game with Kuma, so woo.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Well.  Like a dummy I didnt read the Mission Start Date and End date correctly.  For some reason i thought we just had 24 hrs to complete it.  So I did.

ZJLDrFb.png

FYI it doesnt use a signal flag slot.  It used the slot for the flag you get in ranked mission.  i.e. Jolly Rogers, etc

I am 1/3 of the way through the final component. I like that flag a l;ot more

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

It takes like a few days of normal playing to get.

didn't even play much tonight and am halfway through the kills, few days sounds about right. I would guess a lot of people will do it in 24 hours.

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

We need more flag slots so that we can mount ALL the pretty flags!

this

this this this

this this this this this this

Not much I want in game more than this. 

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

Nice little bonuses, pity I won't be able to get it :hmm:

Ah well there will be more flags and events :)

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,690 posts
14,166 battles

Almost done with part 4 already. So glad we can do them in PVE :teethhappy:

[Y0L0K]
Members
1,041 posts
13,489 battles

[Content Moderated - Politics, Religion]

- 40BelowWGA

Except that Jesus was talking about the ramifications for not using the talents that you are given to be fruitful in this life.  This fundraiser is about raising money for those who fought for the impoverished in other countries because they were ruled by tyrannical regimes.  Because in those countries where our recent vets have fought, women couldn't be educated (i.e. Afghanistan).  We fought because they weren't willing to fight for themselves.  We fought because in Iraq Saddam was known to gas his own people reminiscent of Josef Stalin.  We fought/fight because Jesus Himself said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Sons of God." Matt. 5:9.  We didn't go there to willfully destroy property and people's lives.  We went there because there's a peace to be had on the other side of conflict.  We went there because their lives were already in turmoil as you pointed out, BAK.  If going there put their country back on track to becoming a successful and thriving developing country, then maybe....JUST MAYBE....it was worth the sacrifice of so many American servicemen and women.    
Edited by 40BelowWGA
  • Cool 6

[--K--]
Supertester
1,756 posts
21,628 battles

Yea I didn't check before since we haven't had a pve event in so long, wasted stage one on NY. Got rest on warspite though. 

[LARP]
[LARP]
Members
61 posts
26,728 battles

Just got the flag. The perks on it look good. Just curious, are the flags consumable or require a fee to remove or are they something we get to keep forever for our ships?

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Just got the flag. The perks on it look good. Just curious, are the flags consumable or require a fee to remove or are they something we get to keep forever for our ships?

Was just asking about the same.

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,690 posts
14,166 battles

It works like the other flags there is no limit on them and you can mount them on all your ships. There are no fees.

post-1000718401-0-64579200-1462185379.jp

shot-16.05.02_05.35.24-0090.jpg

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Almost done with part 4 already. So glad we can do them in PVE :teethhappy:

Yes.  Even though the in-game mission rules don't mention PVE, the website rules do mention it.  And more importantly, the execution works!

Beta Testers
501 posts
2,429 battles

[Content Moderated - Politics, Religion]

- 40BelowWGA

Are you really saying that U.S. veterans, many of which need help (which is a point in which our government has failed them) get help from their countrymen is wrong because they live in a first world country and they fought where there country sent them? Are you serious? So many have given all for this country and it sickens me people like you can even tread on its soil. I find so many of your opinions ridiculous but I keep quiet. This time you've touched a nerve you little crap. You most certainly have earned my utter contempt.
Edited by 40BelowWGA
  • Cool 4

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

ZJLDrFb.png

WOw. I didn't know it had bonuses. thought it was just for show. I got the first 4 stages done yesterday and 1/6th of the last started. 

It's not that hard, but everything appears to need to be done in PVP...the last stage though looks to be the only one that can be done in PVP / PVE. 

[SVF]
Members
2,921 posts
2,776 battles

WOw. I didn't know it had bonuses. thought it was just for show. I got the first 4 stages done yesterday and 1/6th of the last started.

It's not that hard, but everything appears to need to be done in PVP...the last stage though looks to be the only one that can be done in PVP / PVE.

The news article says PvE is acceptable too.

Members
117 posts
4,447 battles

So the flag can be put on all ships? Is it a permanent item or only for this month? It can be used in all game modes or only pve?

I haven't tried ranked yet so it's my only flag.

--- It can be used in all game modes. Couldn't see it because the default view on IJN CV. Look at the other side and can see it near the front.

Edited by Illegal401Immigrant

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

This has been brought up already in other threads.

Since the devs at lurking though...

Can we have more than one flag please!?

I want to fly Jolly Rodger with this awesome US >>>INSPIRED<<< new flag.

I'm gonna guess the Alpha, Beta and Supertesters would like to fly there respective Tester flags along with all of these cool new ones:)

Edited by slak__
  • Cool 2

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

My only wish is that the CBT flag also got at least the +5% to Commander XP so I can fly it on some ships instead of this one (a little weird having a US-themed flag flying from a German or Japanese boat with historically accurate flags of their own).

But this new flag is a nice reward for a nice cause, and I'll probably be able to reskin it for a more neutral pattern (maybe just put the CBT Red on it).

The torpedo mission was a little inconvenient, but gave me an incentive to restart a bit of work on my IJN DD line.  Got through it much faster than I thought I would though.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0K]
Members
1,041 posts
13,489 battles

My only wish is that the CBT flag also got at least the +5% to Commander XP so I can fly it on some ships instead of this one (a little weird having a US-themed flag flying from a German or Japanese boat with historically accurate flags of their own).

But this new flag is a nice reward for a nice cause, and I'll probably be able to reskin it for a more neutral pattern (maybe just put the CBT Red on it).

The torpedo mission was a little inconvenient, but gave me an incentive to restart a bit of work on my IJN DD line.  Got through it much faster than I thought I would though.

The torpedo stage of the mission was easy in a CV.  Not sure if you're a CV captain, but especially in Co-Op, it was an easy box to check off given that I was usually ending the game with 10-12 torpedo hits. 

Sign in to follow this