You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DrMacintosh

AMD cards

Improved performance   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced less micro-stuttering?

• Yes
    • No / No noticable change

36 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Hello, I have a R9 380 4GB GPU from MSI, after this update I feel like there is less microstuttering. Has anyone else noticed this? Has everyone benefited, not just AMD cards? Just a little something I noticed

Edited by DrMacintosh

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I've noticed a little it less stuttering in game. I have an R7 260x (2GB...I think? Actually not sure...) Which I think is a bit older than yours... I have seen a general improvement in performance in the game...at least while playing anyway.

Dock UI is still a mess for me. Switching between menus (like going to the exterior tab from the main port screen, or putting on signal flags) still is very stutter-y and a laggy mess for me. No other game does this near as bad as WoWS. Hell, even KSP with a decently large ship doesn't run this bad, and it looks 10x better, and has very well made physics even! Not to mention the menus in KSP run butter smooth for me...its a real wonder why this game has such poor performance in general when compared to other games... some of which are still in early access even! *cough*NavalAction*cough*

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

I feel like mine has either stayed the same or perhaps gotten worse.

AMD R9 M370X

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

Haven't really experienced any difference-  Radeon 7970 ghz ed.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,320 battles

Have not noticed any difference. R9 290X. Works wonderfully.. but always has. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Have not noticed any difference. R9 290X. Works wonderfully.. but always has. 

My 380 had micro-stuttered for a while, but it seems better now. 

[NO2BB]
[NO2BB]
Beta Testers
541 posts
11,983 battles

I've noticed the game's framerate drops more often and more severely after the patch.

UI performance in port also goes down the drain after a while, and becomes very very laggy.

Also it takes almost 30 seconds to load into game now as opposed to <10 seconds before the patch.

Great patch XD!!

Edited by Snoozing_Mako

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

I've noticed the game's framerate drops more often and more severely after the patch.

UI performance in port also goes down the drain after a while, and becomes very very laggy.

Also it takes almost 30 seconds to load into game now as opposed to 10 seconds before the patch.

Great patch XD!!

Strange, I have seen nothing but improvements. Maybe try a fresh install? 

[NO2BB]
[NO2BB]
Beta Testers
541 posts
11,983 battles

Strange, I have seen nothing but improvements. Maybe try a fresh install? 

It was a fresh install.

[NO2BB]
[NO2BB]
Beta Testers
541 posts
11,983 battles

Oh rekt. What are your specs?

i5 3570k

HD7950

8GB RAM

also installed on an SSD.

Just seems like it performs worse after the patch. Especially the game load times, and I am 100% sure that the load times have become worse.

Edited by Snoozing_Mako

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

i5 3570k

HD7950

8GB RAM

also installed on an SSD.

Just seems like it performs worse after the patch. Especially the game load times, and I am 100% sure that the load times have become worse.

That is very strange. Could be your SSD. I have nothing but HDDs and load times are much improved. I load in with at least 30 seconds left before the battle starts every time. 

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Sapphire R9 390x here and getting... not just stuttering but FPS drops from 60->10 without warning or cause.

Used to run at a constant 60, now... lucky to get a constant 30.

AMD isn't going under, they may be less profitable though. That new Zen line however, looks very promising.

Edited by reaper_swpz

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

You guys are going to be so mad when broke [edited]AMD goes bust and you get no new drivers anymore. :trollface:

AMD actually just got a bunch of contracts with Apple and Microsoft I think. They will be fine for a few years. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Sapphire R9 390x here and getting... not just stuttering but FPS drops from 60->10 without warning or cause.

Oh wow, I will get a frame drop if I get close to a bunch of land mass but not without warning. 

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

I don't know what's causing it either, have tried reinstalling, have tried running safe mode, the performance issues persist.

Run the game on an SSD, also run a heavily modded Skyrim on the same SSD, the latter game loads lightning fast so the SSD shouldn't be the issue here. Usually it takes a full minute for a match to load now. Before it would take 5-10 seconds. Have had battles where it started for 10+ seconds then I finally load in.

5.5 performance increase? Haven't seen it.

My specs are somewhat similar to yours, I run a:

i5 4690k OC to 4.5 stable

Corsair 32 GB CL9 DDR3 2133

Sapphire R9 390x 8GB

Samsung 250GB SSD

Edited by reaper_swpz

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Used to run at a constant 60, now... lucky to get a constant 30.

AMD isn't going under, they may be less profitable though. That new Zen line however, looks very promising.

This actually happened to me a while back when I attempted to update to the Crimson drivers. Apparently there were a few errors and games got stuck at 30 and had terrible FPS. Use DDU to get rid of the drivers and install Crimson again. Or you could try a fresh install of the game or do both (which is what I would do)

[BONKS]
Members
1,738 posts
20,001 battles

Have not seen any noticeable changes on my R9 390x... Game still plays great and never had any FPS drops with the exception of the FPS bug

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Will do, let's see if it helps.

let's hope. I hate it when things don't work. Thankfully I can figure most PC issues out on my own so the hair pulling out isn't too extreme. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Have not seen any noticeable changes on my R9 390x... Game still plays great and never had any FPS drops with the exception of the FPS bug

I almost bought a 390. The 390x didn't seem worth it. I got worried about the MSI R9 390 being able to fit in my m-ITX case though and chickened out and got the 380. It was cheaper and it runs Wows @60FPS on my main 1080 panel (I have 2 auxiliary monitors) at max settings with AA off (I think it looks better without AA) so it ended up being alright. :)

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

390x is basically an OC version of the 390, if you want it factory overclocked then you get the x version - as over locking yourself voids warranty. Otherwise there isn't much difference really.

Hmm seems like it was a driver issue, hadn't updated in awhile. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Cool 1