Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Takina_Inoue_prpr

Will WG ever limit division tiers?

14 comments in this topic

Members
136 posts
6,428 battles

Just had a game on New Dawn, where a New York, Svietlana, and South Carolina were divisioned, in a tier 7 match. The Svietlana, being stupid, died early on, shortly followed by the New York. All we had left was a low health Pensacola, me, in a cleveland, a carrier, and that stupid South Carolina. I was having a great game so far, and the match was VERY close. 

So then, our South Carolina goes into the middle of B, runs himself aground, and gets destroyed by the enemy carrier. At that moment, I thought, "Man, wouldn't it be wonderful to have a battleship with actual combat capability fighting for us right now!".

Our Pensa dies next (he had a pretty good game as well), and all that's left is me and a cv vs 4 of their ships. I go into b, cit a furutaka to death, start shelling a nurnberg, then come under air attack from a Saipan, die, and match is over.

They had 2 ships left, we had 1. Honestly, if that Svietlana were to be replaced with an Omaha, and the South Carolina with a Kongo, or other tier 5, we most likely would have won that match. 

Granted this is only 1 scenario, but it happens far to often. Most of the time, with a little more effort, I can carry the dead weight that is a Chikuma in a tier 7 match, but not all the time. I've heard that WG doesn't want to add a tier spread limit to divisions because they don't want to interfere with "social interactions" or something. Why? Why not just add a tier limit to make the playing experience of the entire player base just *that* much better, in exchange for the 1 person getting mad that he can't division with his friend's Nagato in a Erie. 

I understand that it isn't that big of a deal, but it is so frustrating to know that your team is handicapped from the start, not due to some MM error, but to player stupidity.

Edited by FaithfulCaptain
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

I completely agree, however nothing will be done.

inb4 popcorn

Members
4,608 posts

I've never liked it when I see a ship so obviously undertiered like that.  Worst I had was a T1 cruiser in a T6 match.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

No, WG likes fail divisions, they trigger collapses which speed up the games. WG likes rapid games.

Note that this is an incredibly easy problem to solve, since divisioning is done in port, not in the MM.

So no, as long as WG's bottom line benefits from fail divisions, WG will permit them. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

They don't want to stand in the way of players' "social interaction". Like for example getting cursed by teammates in chat.

Members
2,518 posts

No, WG likes fail divisions, they trigger collapses which speed up the games. WG likes rapid games.

Note that this is an incredibly easy problem to solve, since divisioning is done in port, not in the MM.

So no, as long as WG's bottom line benefits from fail divisions, WG will permit them. 

*takes a shot of vodka 
  • Cool 2

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

*takes a shot of vodka 

Na Zdorovie!!!

::takes a swig of Smirnoff straight from bottle::

Beta Testers
3,072 posts
1,908 battles

I've never liked it when I see a ship so obviously undertiered like that.  Worst I had was a T1 cruiser in a T6 match.

Makes me think of playing my Black Prince in WOT and seeing a tier 9 divisioned with a tier 2 :sceptic: 

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

Na Zdorovie!!!

::takes a swig of Smirnoff straight from bottle::

Wha???????

you didn't put that on your corn flakes?

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

I rarely see fail divisions. They don't seem popular for the undertiered players and they quickly learn not to. Of course, certain BBs and DDs can still perform well if used carefully.

Far as I know they're considered fail if they bring undertiered CAs or CVs because range and planes being shredded, respectively.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Wha???????

you didn't put that on your corn flakes?

that's Bailey's my friend, [edited]OP with Coco Pebbles.
Edited by slak__

Sign in to follow this