You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Megrim3

How can poeple not understand this?

41 comments in this topic

Members
955 posts
17,468 battles

Do people not understand that capturing bases is how you win matches?

Getting hit with one shell doing 1k damage and immediately tuning around and heading for the blue line does NOT win matches.

Circling the perimeter of the map doesn't either, nor does the whole team chasing a dd or cv to the end of the map whist all your bases are captured by the red team.

Do people not understand that you get MASSIVE points for capturing a base? If your in a BB and you capture a base that's about the same amount of points as sinking 2 WHOLE SHIPS! Do you all not understand that defending a base gets you massive points as well? Did you not know that being in a base with an enemy at the same time also give you massive points?

Do you not realize that bases cannot be captured while opposing teams are in it? The other day I was asked why I wasn't capturing their home base when I was in it with 2 enemy cruisers. As the same time they didn't understand why ours was being captured with a stealthed dd in our base. They were literally CIRCLING our base until we were capped out.

How can people not understand this most BASIC CONCEPT.

I feel like I'm wasting my breath anyway because these nobs that are doing this probably never visit the forums....sigh.

Edited by Megrim3
  • Cool 6

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

I understand it, thus, 60% wr.

inB4 popcorn

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Hold on a minute... I'm gonna let you finish but first... I gotz ta say that them mother[censored] [censored] teammates of mine is [censored] and [censored]. They're [censored] stupid that they couldn't find the [censored] red circle if their lives was [censored] on the line.

Stupid [censored] [censored] can't find a [censored] damned giant [censored] red circle on the [censored] [censored] map!

[censored] [censored] [censored]!!!!!

Beta Testers
688 posts
3,469 battles

I understand it, thus, 60% wr.

inB4 popcorn

WR is luck, play for fun, losing is fun, I hide my stats cause I'm so good etc.

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

People are afraid of taking damage. They consider it safer to sit at max range and snipe, depending on someone else to get the win for them. I had a match in a Tashkent today, where I took one cap and contested another one for over half the match so they enemy would not get cap points. At the end at the just as time ran out we was ahead on cap points by 1 points. Had I not contested the cap as much as I did we would have lose, yet there was a BB sitting right behind me refusing to move into the cap to help contest it, since I did die with like 30 seconds left and the BB never did even try to move into the cap.

Granted I am rather proud of that game and saved the replay on my wowreplays page.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,474 battles

Getting hit with one shell doing 1k damage and immediately tuning around and heading for the blue line does NOT win matches.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bad-advice-never-cap-never-surrender/

Members
955 posts
17,468 battles

I have to literally go headstrong into the bases with my BB to cap them. REALLY? I'm way in the back and I can run through all the bases. I get killed first and guess what? I'm TOP OF MY TEAM. how bout that...

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

You're playing video games in the KDR age. People aren't going to change anytime soon.

Everyone is trying to KDR mvp, and YOLOSWAG carry by doing so to the top of the boards.

American "rugged individualism" certainly isn't helping either, but it's been ingrained in our culture to our own detrement.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

I find that in Random battles, players often play too passively. They prefer shooting at enemies while trying not to get hit themselves. This means that they're unwilling to push up and capture a base, and instead, rely on someone else to lead the push and soak up the damage. To counter this, whether I'm a cruiser or a battleship, I tell my team that I'm pushing up to capture a base. And before I push, I make sure that my team-mates are in position to support me. In many occasions, I've lead the push as a battleship against multiple enemy battleships with only cruisers to support me. While the enemy battleships are tunnel-visioned on me, my cruisers are able to whittle down the enemy battleships with HE, and take out any destroyers that might be lurking by the cap. 

If in the later stages I find that we are behind in the number of caps, I alert my team to it before it's too late. Letting them know earlier means that your team has more time to redirect and head towards the caps. It's easy to lose track of the caps when you're tunnel-visioned on an enemy ship despite the various warnings and notifications that are linked with capturing the base.

Such is the way of Randoms. But rather than waiting for your team-mates to take the initiative, you need to adapt and communicate with your team. As a battleship, say that you're going to push and that you need support. As a cruiser, tell the battleships that they need to push and that you'll be right with them to support them. As a destroyer, say that you're capturing a base and you need cruisers to cover you from destroyers, and battleships from cruisers. As a carrier, say that you have fighters to cover them from air attacks, and bombers to spot and deter any enemies that are approaching the cap. Let your team know that you have them covered, and they'll be less afraid of seizing the objective.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Circling the perimeter of the map doesn't either, nor does the whole team chasing a dd or cv to the end of the map whist all your bases are captured by the red team.

Do people not understand that you get MASSIVE points for capturing a base? If your in a BB and you capture a base that's about the same amount of points as sinking 2 WHOLE SHIPS! Do you all not understand that defending a base gets you massive points as well? Did you not know that being in a base with an enemy at the same time also give you massive points?

Do you not realize that bases cannot be captured while opposing teams are in it? The other day I was asked why I wasn't capturing their home base when I was in it with 2 enemy cruisers. As the same time they didn't understand why ours was being captured with a stealthed dd in our base. They were literally CIRCLING our base until we were capped out.

I feel like I'm wasting my breath anyway because these nobs that are doing this probably never visit the forums....sigh.

bbk1VHl.gif

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

Kills are more rewarding than capping a base, in terms of personal achievement.

• Cool 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,692 battles

Yeah it happens alot but my question would have to be why if youre team mates were not capping did you not take the lead and start capping yourself?   Thats what I would do usually others will follow.  Because noone wants to be showed up by there teams BB when it comes to capping or hunting down DD's lol.

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

Kills are more rewarding than capping a base, in terms of personal achievement.

And winning is not?
  • Cool 3

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

And winning is not?

What he means is his personal achievement. I much prefer to win personally.

• Cool 2

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,798 battles

DDs are afraid to cap because Radar, the worst game mechanic in the history of gaming, and CVs which can not only spot them, but also kill them with one or two DBs.

CAs are afraid to move up close to support DDs because they'll be erased by BBs.

BBs are afraid to move up because they're BBs.

[SALVO]
Members
28,062 posts
41,751 battles

The problem you face is that there are a lot of players who don't even care all that much about winning and losing.  Some of them only care about "shooting ships".  To them, the game is nothing more than an excuse to shoot and sink ships, and couldn't care less about the competitive aspects of the game.  I don't know how you get past that with those people. 

Personally, I wish that they'd just stick to PvE if all they care about is shooting ships and not winning.

• Cool 2

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

What he means is his personal achievement. I much prefer to win personally.

Yeah I know, but I don't see how winning would not be a high personal goal. I am honestly confused by that. For me winning is the most important thing and doing damage, getting kills etc are all secondary.

Members
20 posts
3,786 battles

Nothing worse than getting pulverized by multiple enemy ships, while team members wait at a safe distance, ready to move in late for the scraps.

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles

The problem you face is that there are a lot of players who don't even care all that much about winning and losing.  Some of them only care about "shooting ships".  To them, the game is nothing more than an excuse to shoot and sink ships, and couldn't care less about the competitive aspects of the game.  I don't know how you get past that with those people. 

Personally, I wish that they'd just stick to PvE if all they care about is shooting ships and not winning.

And some of them can't even do that right.

I'd like to have good close matches, not slaughter-fests.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

Yeah I know, but I don't see how winning would not be a high personal goal. I am honestly confused by that. For me winning is the most important thing and doing damage, getting kills etc are all secondary.

They find it more fun to blow stuff up, not steal flags.

Cause nothing feels better than sinking another player in a competitive game. I'm guilty too of chasing fleeing CA/CV/BB with my teammates when it's the last ship. DDs we tend to let go if they avoid detection long enough.