Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Most ships sunk witha torpedo volley

20 comments in this topic

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

I came close to getting a double sinking today with one volley of torpedos. Magaged to hit two ships with one set of tubes launched.  Second ship was lucky it had repair come up so it did not flood. - couple of my torps went past intended ship and hit the other. Got me wondering what the most ships sunk has been with a single torpedo volley.

Anyone know? I am assuming it would probably be a tier 8 or higher most likely a Shime, Gearing or Kitikami.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

The best that I've done is two with my Fujin. I was targeting a New York and managed to sink it. One of my torpedoes missed and sunk a destroyer that hadn't been spotted yet, though it must have already been on low HP.

Members
1,480 posts
8,824 battles

I've hit three enemies with a single torpedo volley before (oddly enough, with my Mogami instead of a DD) but only 1 of them sank.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

I've hit four enemies with a single Fubuki spread because they were practically sitting ontop of eachother for AA support.

Only once though.

[B_O_W]
Members
432 posts
6,818 battles

3 sinks with full salvo from my fujin is the most I have ever done. I did see a shima get 4 once with his full 15 torp salvo.

Edited by DocVulcan

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

Most I've had is 3.  

In CBT.  

They were all allies.  

Was not intentional.

Members
2,680 posts
7,993 battles

3 sinks and an extra hit with my fletcher, Nuked 2 cruisers and a DD and got a single hit on the battleship, who was the only one to actually dodge....

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,062 posts
41,751 battles

I can't speak to how many sinkings in a single spread.  I do know that about a week ago, I got 7 hits out of a full Gearing launch of 10 torps.  I'd fired both launchers at a blob of enemy ships and scored 70% hits, which was pretty impressive or pretty sad, if you think that more of those ships should have been able to evade my torps.  Pretty much made my entire game with a single launch of torps!  :D

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Do friendly kills count? 'Cause if so Kitakami's got this hands down.

Edited by Gavorche

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I have done 2 kills once but was aiming at 2 different enemy from 2 direction. At first I was aiming at this BB very early in the match, just when I about to fire my 2nd torpedoes tube. An unknown DD came out of no where, so I turned to deal with him. I manage to sink him quickly, but 5 second later "Enemy BB sunked"

:trollface:

• Cool 1

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Most I've had is 3.  

In CBT.  

They were all allies.  

Was not intentional.

lol

Supertester
952 posts
13,070 battles

I got 3 kills in my Fubuki once.

The funny thing it was a blind shot into the cap I was about to take.  :teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,233 battles

Sank a Gearing and a Shimakaze or Kagero with one spread of 8 in my Kagero the other day. The torps were intended for a Yamato. I didn't even see the 2 DDs. :)

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

I got 2 torpedo kills from the grave, once. Never hurts to launch a final volley before you die. 

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Sank a Gearing and a Shimakaze or Kagero with one spread of 8 in my Kagero the other day. The torps were intended for a Yamato. I didn't even see the 2 DDs. :)

OP TDS.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,233 battles

OP TDS.

Haha. They were half way between the Yamato and my ship. I think what happened was they were spotted by someone else, planes maybe, One of them put out smoke and the other just also hid in it. So they couldn't detect the nerfed 20km torp early enough.

The rare hightlight of my use of the new and improved 20km torps.

I was lit by radar and sunk promptly shortly afterward though. Karma...

Edited by chewonit

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Best I've done is 2, both Clemson. One was two ships from one volley, and the other was a volley from either side at 2 BBs. Both were much LOLz.

Sign in to follow this