Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

When you have a game that doesn't seem like much...

7 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,997 battles

but you still finish first. This was one of those games for me. I didn't even get any torpedo hits.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Yup, I've had matches like that, too.   Game starts out horrible, and you're sure you're going to die ignominiously, or come in last, and turns into an epic performance.   Or just a lame, so so feeling game that turns out to be a breadwinner.

" Oh!   well...Yay me!"

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,997 battles

Yup, I've had matches like that, too.   Game starts out horrible, and you're sure you're going to die ignominiously, or come in last, and turns into an epic performance.   Or just a lame, so so feeling game that turns out to be a breadwinner.

" Oh!   well...Yay me!"

I guess it proves that you need to keep playing until the end, and that the longer you live the more damage you can do.

Members
4,886 posts

it's pretty common not to have any torp hits with izyaslav

also like with nearly any other ru dd it usually makes no sense to turn off your aa like you did, her air visibility is 3.3 and the range of aa is 3, shooting aa doesn't make you spotted for 20 seconds, you are spotted only when you shoot and you shoot only when you are already spotted by a plane

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

When you're in IJN CV and your partner is afk. VS 2 A/S USN CV....

Or you bait their fighters into attack a TB while your other bombers nail the real target. Decoy OP.

Used that in one of my Hiryu's first matches vs. an AS Saipan and Ranger. Saipan quickly learned having fighters away from the carrier is unwise; spread out my bomber runs and one strike later, scratch one flat top.

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,997 battles

it's pretty common not to have any torp hits with izyaslav

also like with nearly any other ru dd it usually makes no sense to turn off your aa like you did, her air visibility is 3.3 and the range of aa is 3, shooting aa doesn't make you spotted for 20 seconds, you are spotted only when you shoot and you shoot only when you are already spotted by a plane

It isn't common for me. I normally find a way to get close enough to a battleship at some point.

I didn't know about the AA, but I guess it is also just a habit to turn it off.

Sign in to follow this