Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Flags - working or not?

11 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

So is anyone else seeing their flag bonus' working?

I'm don't think they are. In fact they seem to be working in the opposite direction for me.

For example, my Kongo with the Close Quarters flag, seems to be firing slightly slower with its secondaries and with 106 rounds fired, scored 8 hits. The average is around 15%, 8 hits is less than 10% and certainly not even close to the 20% (15% +5%) it should be with the flag. It would be right in line if I was getting a -5% to hit from the flag though.

On my carrier planes with the Clear Skys flag, they can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn. Again, the flag seems to be penalizing the ship not enhancing it.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,303 battles

I know the +20% credits flag and +50% xp flags are working properly. Beyond that, can't say.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

Those are just slightly favorable tweaks to RNG.

If I remember correctly, secondaries on IJN BBs don't get decent until Nagato. I don't really think it wise to use them on Kongo. The few times her secondaries lit up, not particularly powerful.

What carrier line? IJN is notorious for having weaker AA; I regularly lose more planes to US CV AA in my Hiryu.

Also, weren't any of your secondaries knocked out when they lit up? HE volleys at BB's middle sections can knock them out. Happened to me a few times when I was still on Fuso.

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

Those are just slightly favorable tweaks to RNG.

If I remember correctly, secondaries on IJN BBs don't get decent until Nagato. I don't really think it wise to use them on Kongo. The few times her secondaries lit up, not particularly powerful.

What carrier line? IJN is notorious for having weaker AA; I regularly lose more planes to US CV AA in my Hiryu.

Also, weren't any of your secondaries knocked out when they lit up? HE volleys at BB's middle sections can knock them out. Happened to me a few times when I was still on Fuso.

None of that should matter (but they were all in perfectly good condition). Simply looking at shots fired vs. hit rate, going with the normal average (15%) I should have scored 16 hits. With the flag I should have scored 22 hits, I got 8. And these were not extreme range shots either (hence to 106 rounds fired). It certainly looks like either A) the flag is giving me a -5% chance to hit (and slower firing rate  - but I have no way to measure that) or B) the game is cheating (again) and the RNG gods say "THOU SHALL NOT HIT...even with a bonus".

As for the AA, It's pretty bad when you have a full squadron of fighters in a Co-op game against an equal squadron of enemy fighters OVER your carrier, and mine get blasted from the sky while their squadron loses ONE aircraft. I think that's pretty indicative of a penalty and not bonus to AA fire (from both planes and ship).

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

You don't seem to have anything more to help us figure out if the flags are reducing or buffing. On my port, they say reduce reload time, fire/flood duration, more max speed, etc. etc., so no bugs there.

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

You don't seem to have anything more to help us figure out if the flags are reducing or buffing. On my port, they say reduce reload time, fire/flood duration, more max speed, etc. etc., so no bugs there.

Lol - yeah the descriptions work fine. It's the actual game performance that is incorrect.

At least for me with the Close Quarters and Clear Skys flags.

They are working opposite. Supposedly +5% fire rate (looks slower than normal to me), -5% dispersion (shots are all over the place) out of 106 shells fired, 8 hits (that's about a 7% hit rate when normally it would be around 15%, ADD IN THE BONUS AND IT SHOULD BE 20%)

An entire squadron of fighters destroyed sitting OVER my carrier with AA enabled against an equal number of enemy fighters with ONE loss on their side. Clear Skys my foot...maybe for the enemy.

Again, if the flags are work as intended, then the game is definitely pulling some [edited]hidden code to balance out the match.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Confirmation bias . . . no really, the sample size here is too small to make any conclusions. As was mentioned earlier CQE isnt worth putting on most BB's.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,125 battles

Clear skies doesn't affect fighters, only the rear gunners on bombers which are so weak that the 10% really doesn't make a difference. Same thing with Close Quarters, the RNG on secondaries is so bad that the extra 5% doesn't help much and you'll see almost no difference in secondary output.

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

I was detonated twice yesterday in my DD, and I never got the flags added to my flag pool, I only noticed when I went thru and removed some flags I was getting low on from some ships, went out and got blown up, so went to look at flags and was still showing 28 flags, about 4 games later got det again, went to look and was still showing 28 flags, anyone else notice flags you are getting from combat are not being added to your flag pool? 

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

I was detonated twice yesterday in my DD, and I never got the flags added to my flag pool, I only noticed when I went thru and removed some flags I was getting low on from some ships, went out and got blown up, so went to look at flags and was still showing 28 flags, about 4 games later got det again, went to look and was still showing 28 flags, anyone else notice flags you are getting from combat are not being added to your flag pool? 

*sigh*

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/training-signal-flags/

Sign in to follow this