Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlueWaterWolf

What is the small exponent number next to my name?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

Greetings all,

On the rare occasions that I look at my stats in game, I see a small number next to my name. It started out small, and has been growing larger in a non-linear fashion. It went from 12 to 11 for a few days, and is now at 15 in a short span of time.

What does this number signify please?  Is it based on how well I do in battles? How much I contribute to a win/loss? Are larger numbers good or bad? What would be an "average" number and why?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

May your rounds never fall short,

Blue

Edited by BlueWaterWolf

Members
381 posts
25 battles

You get it when people compliment you using the system (tab then Click+shift the name)

go down when people report you.

Anything above 0 is good (can't go below 0 anyway). Once person over EU server got more that 200 however

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

That's your karma. When you get a compliment in-battle, it goes up. If two or more people report you in battle, it goes down.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

Thanks for the response.  I will assume 15 is average. The 200 looks like a Goonswarm kind of artificially created thing. Those little buggers love to throw communities off.

I do attempt to help others in chat and the game, but wasn't aware that the Interwebz cared anymore.

[O_O]
Members
7,899 posts
22,127 battles

15 is pretty good if you aren't playing Ranked.  I typically finish in the upper part of my team, try to establish strategy in chat and don't trash talk, and I'm only at 7.

Beta Testers
256 posts
4,764 battles

I'm at zero and I really don't care. It means nothing and few people even bother. I try to give good karma to the top person on my team, if they did really well, but I don't run into many people talking smack. I'm at zero for a bad temper (I'm working on it) and for telling off stupid people. It doesn't give you anything either way so don't worry about it.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

This is  a pretty neat little deal. The only stat that is not all "me me me".  Had a six-kill game in Minekaze, with a well-placed smoke screen for our BBs... followed by a 5-kill game in Budyonny; and went from 15 to 17. I am starting to care about the game again, after quite the hiatus.

Edited by BlueWaterWolf

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

While in port, go to "profile". Go to the top option.. "Service Record".  Your name will be at the top with a small exponent number next to it.

Helpful chat does not seem to have the same effect that good play does on others. A fast DD that lays smoke for BBs, and scurries hither and yon to help the team gets  up-votes.

I have implemented a standard lately for giving Karma to others...

Kraken Unleashed, High Caliber and Confederate all get a compliment.

Anyone who turns around from a solo quest to help the team gets one. Ex. CV-chasing DD comes back to cap.

Members
6 posts
10,521 battles

I asked something similar a question or two below this. Was wondering if there was a max. I am at 15 also. Have been for awhile. I've had a number of excellent games and haven't gone up. Thought 15 might be a max. Guess not.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

The stars have to align for your karma to go up Arrg.  Good game for you, along with a good group on your team, along with those knowledgeable enough to know how to GIVE compliments.

Instead of attempting advice or instructions for others in chat, I just announce what I am going to do and go do it. "Turning back to smoke our BBs"  "Torps in the water near you (X player)."  If I ask something of the team it is along the lines of... "Cap or Kill?"  "Anyone need smoke?" No brown-nosing or trying to give orders. Just say what you mean very simply, and follow through. ALWAYS announce your smoke if you are in a DD. No one who is close enough to benefit from smoke can notice it, so they have to be told of the option. Half my karma has probably come from announced smoke screens to shelter BBs.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

Up to 20.  I am definitely more aware of my surroundings now. DDs and CAs seem to be the best karma building ships, as they have the speed and capabilities to assist quickly, and in decisive ways. Saving BBs with smoke from your DD, or killing an enemy DD(that is hunting a BB/CV) with your CA appears to a be quick way to a compliment.

None of the stats reward us in any "real" way. This one at least lets me know that someone noticed that I have a few more f*cks to give.  :)

• Cool 1

Members
81 posts
913 battles

I already had a basic concept, but thanks to you all for explaining the finer details. Up to now I've used the feature only twice to report a persistent numbskull. This has made me consider 'complimenting' people now, too. :great:

Edited by Veluthurk
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this