You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

41 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
256 posts
4,764 battles

How do you turn off chat? I find I can't stop raging for stupid things, like bad players and getting sunk. I really like the game but I'm getting mad to often and I DON'T want to have a rep as a toxic player, though I prob do by now anyway, and that's NOT what I want. I want to be well thought of, not looked down on.

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

I know aslaine has a mod for that, dont know any "official" methods though

Members
381 posts
25 battles

I know aslaine has a mod for that, dont know any "official" methods though

That mod turn off chat from other players. Apparently OP want to censures himself.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

That mod turn off chat from other players. Apparently OP want to censures himself.

maybe a politely worded support ticket asking for a permanent chat ban :medal:

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

huh, assumed it would also disable imput too. Well... OP, you can get one of those fancy minimalistic gaming "keyboards," and go hide your regular keyboard

something like this thing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126050&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-PC+Gaming+Accessories+%28Joystick+-+Game+Pad+-+etc.%29-_-N82E16823126050&gclid=CJOdorrt9ssCFZJlfgodGgMGnw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Beta Testers
1,753 posts
2,389 battles

OP, just kindly accept the occasional chat 'vacation' that WoWS gives you for being a bad, bad chat-person, and use the time to practice your deep breathing.

Or, use the time to practice more inventive yet less vulgar means of insulting the potatoes of the Ship world. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,565 battles

you could pay someone to smack you with a yardstick every time you start to post in chat

LoL

Members
1,117 posts
6,532 battles

OP, just kindly accept the occasional chat 'vacation' that WoWS gives you for being a bad, bad chat-person, and use the time to practice your deep breathing.

Or, use the time to practice more inventive yet less vulgar means of insulting the potatoes of the Ship world.

Do they actually give out chat bans? I've said mean stuff and never gotten one in this game or WoT.

[KAG]
Members
955 posts
16,498 battles

its called turn down the volume...ignore the chat window, put some music on, and mellow out.

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

say a few good things at start of round and u might russle some panties.

always a few babies in every round.

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

Hold CTRL, mouse over the Chat window, at the bottom will be an X..  click it,  you can't see chat, and you can't type in it.     It will reset after each match so you have to reactivate it.

I wish there was a way to ban myself from chat, so I can see it,  for those that need help. but not be able to type in it :P   I go off on the Stupid Window lickers in this game, and there are sooo many !

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

i see no reason not to voice your opinions in chat. good and soecially bad. let the bad players know the truth

• Cool 1

[MUTNY]
Members
58 posts
8,705 battles

People CHOOSE to be offended by comments.

They could ask for clarification before making snap remarks, but that's simply not how the internet works.

Instead, people everywhere these days want to be told how "special" they are, and if they fail, that they'll "do better next time".

As soon as you even make generalized statements of how bad your "team" of players is (which includes you), you'll immediately be targeted by the lonely losers of online life as being "mad","crying", "whining" etc.

Personally, it amuses me to no end.

My personal favorite is that these people who CHOOSE to be offended by comments (without clarifying), will typically start PERSONAL attacks, instead of simply choosing to use the IGNORE feature....lol

[AKNN]
Members
224 posts
2,380 battles

That reminds me, you can put people here on ignore also.

You can? How?

Supertester
11,713 posts
12,937 battles

You can? How?

​Middle of page left side is some lil ikons, click the person one.

My Settings

Ignore Preferences.

Then type in SPA for example, first couple letters etc. and auto complete usually finds rest for you.

Members
6,152 posts
9,801 battles

Sounds like you're addicted to wanting things to go your way in WOWS?

I know, still run into that when I play more than two matches in a row. Got really irked when an AS Bogue kept patrolling his fighters and his teammates were stayed in groups so I couldn't do much with my Zuiho's bombers. Yes, I called it "AS cancer" and cussed about it because that upset about unable to have my fun.

In a case like yours, I suggest doing something else. If you're that emotionally invested in the game, red flag. That's addiction. Should replace WOWS entirely with something like walking in the park, reading, exercise, or something you're passionate about. I'm reading more these days and exercising because I don't want to be upset over an online competitive game not working out for me!

[SUCIT]
[SUCIT]
Beta Testers
20 posts
10,413 battles

Everytime you want to post in chat just send it to me in a message instead. Problem solved :D

My fee fee's won't get hurt.

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

. If you're that emotionally invested in the game, red flag. That's addiction. Should replace WOWS entirely with something like walking in the park, reading, exercise, or something you're passionate about. I'm reading more these days and exercising because I don't want to be upset over an online competitive game not working out for me!

It's not begin Emotionally invested in a game, it's about being passionate about doing well, when there are those that know nothing but Mediocrity and failure and think that's perfectly okay,  those are the ones that need to do something else.  Life is about challenge and rising up to it.

I don't think anyone gets upset over the game, Just the Oxygen Thieves that are in it.

Members
6,152 posts
9,801 battles

It's not begin Emotionally invested in a game, it's about being passionate about doing well, when there are those that know nothing but Mediocrity and failure and think that's perfectly okay,  those are the ones that need to do something else.  Life is about challenge and rising up to it.

I don't think anyone gets upset over the game, Just the Oxygen Thieves that are in it.

Maybe, but when someone like myself gets upset over things going badly in WOWS, do you think you'd be able to tell if it's passion about doing well or emotional investment that laid out the trigger? I don't think anyone's invincible to that. Even my dad will grumble sometimes when he gets pounced in online gaming. Keep in mind not everyone on WOWS is determined to be the #1 in so-and-so ship at whatever tier; some just want to play to have fun regardless of the team, for example.

As to removing chat, I know Aslain's Mod comes with an option to disable it. This is the link I get it from (http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0541-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview-v54102-04042016/). Run it, and be sure to turn on the sound/image preview when you see the window.

Now if OP programmed a spider to climb up his computer screen every time he started raging in chat, maybe that would be more effective! :P

[AKNN]
Members
224 posts
2,380 battles

​Middle of page left side is some lil ikons, click the person one.

My Settings

Ignore Preferences.

Then type in SPA for example, first couple letters etc. and auto complete usually finds rest for you.

Oh thank you! This is going to be extremely useful.

• Cool 1