LittleWhiteMouse

How to Control your Win Rate

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

370 posts in this topic

Good write-up, +1.

That being said, some ships are just better than others. It's easier to get a higher winrate in an Amagi or a Yamato than it will be in a North Carolina or a Montana.

In general though, it's mostly up to the player in how they use their ship. :)

Edited by Cruiser_Sendai

Mouse, I don't believe in this carry concept.  I think that it leads to too much selfish game play.  I believe in doing my job.  I believe in staying alive as long as possible so that I can keep doing my job.  I believe in helping the TEAM win.  And even on those occasions when I have a great game, I refuse to claim that I "carried" the team.  As far as I'm concerned, all I did was my job.  Even when it was me in my lone DD capping out the enemy when they still had 5 ships left getting a win for my team.  I didn't carry.  I did my job.

It is very challenging for some people to believe that their win rate is not a function of RNG match making.  They will not understand or appreciate your article much, as it goes against their ingrained preconceptions of how an on-line multi player game operates.  For those people that are interested in becoming better players and developing their skill set, your article will be a welcome relief.

Thank you for the honesty and thoughtfulness you use to write down both your opinions and your experiences for those who have a lesser understanding than you do.  With 23k matches in World of tanks, I can verify what you are saying is applicable not only to this game, but to other on-line properties as well.

Thanks for taking the time to write interesting and insightful articles, they are appreciated by many people.

WOW! thats an amazing use of words, and pictures too.  +1

someday my ADHD will let me get past the bubbly red head.

This was a great post. I know that I have definitely struggled with winning solo and a lot of times I try to be in a game with a division. Even to the point that I don't play a game until I'm in a division with my friends. However, this great post shed some great light on some things that I'll be sure to implement. Thank you so much for the post and the effort you put into this. 

Win Rate comes by it's own. Just play average and with some time you get something above 50%

10/10 Would read again, several times!

Thanks LWM!

As always mouse ( still love your avatar ) a super fantastic write up. I would also add never play when you are very tired. I did that the last session over the weekend .. had to yawn and the next thing i new i hit this island and got sunk. :) Thanks so much for this write up. :)

This would be a definite +1 and recommendation from me to anyone, if this were about any other MOBA. Unfortunately, none of the traditional design choices of any other MOBA, with the exception of maybe Smite, aren't present in World of Warships, and there is an unbreakable fundamental limitation that ultimately controls every aspect of combat you perform in [we all know what it is], and as much as everyone would hate to believe, myself included, there is nothing you can do about it. As I have said before, and once again, as much as no one would like to believe, there are some things that are impossible to do.

Very good read though. I'd definitely vouch for it's application in other games. 9/10. Perhaps with just one little word change though, this may be applicable.

Edited by Xannari

I think I'm at 54% winrate at the moment.  I have a 1.4 KDR and I feel like I manage to contribute each game.

I agree that you must strive to achieve perfection on a single platform.  Trying to be a jack-of-all trades leads you to forgetting that you have to lead that retreating Cruiser by an extra X because you're on Y ship.

I really only just realized this when I started focusing in on my Benson in the grind to the Fletcher.  I was so frustrated with the really long reload time for torps.  I would often send all 10 torps at once in the hopes that they would make their 2.5 minute journey the 8KM to their target and I might land one, or two.  Then wait 1.5 minutes to try again.  This is not how to play these DDs.  They are gun boats, cap boats, cap defense boats, and overall PITAs for the enemy, with torps on the side.

Once I figured that, I was achieving great games, my KDR on that platform improved, and overall, my ability to read the map (i.e. situational awareness) improved undeniably.

I've actually enjoyed it once figuring how to be a strategic player, not just a long-range torper.

Edited by MadCaptain_2016

Another excellent write-up Mouse, and one that I stand behind 100%.  Though I personally can't say that I do everything possible on this list, the principle is the same.  In a way getting a chat ban is usually helpful because it gives me time to reflect on how I messed up rather than trying to help my teammates by calling out when the enemy lobs torpedoes and so on.

Though I do have to say that aiding your teammates by providing an adjutant-like role can be helpful in winning as well.

Edited by TenguBlade

For some, you have to balance how high you want your win rate to be vs how much fun you want to have in the game. I like to bounce back and forth between multiple ships. But, your idea of choosing one ship and specializing it it is a very good way to improve at this game. Perhaps I'll try it someday... :aqua:

This will be an amazing read in between matches. Very long! I agree though, making complaints about performance will only stifle you.

you should try to do everything your saying but even then this game isn't designed so one person can carry a team in any of the ships it isn't world of tanks. You can play a large role but if half your team is dead before you kill 1 enemy the ships in the game just aren't as comparatively strong as the tanks in WOT. Watch Flamu's videos on YouTube of his live streams he has big influences on games like all above average and really good layers do but even he can't carry in this game like he could if he was as good in WOT.

My point is you will still lose more often then if you play as well in WOT but you will still have a good Win rate.

Edited by Noobeecon

This would be a definite +1 and recommendation from me to anyone, if this were about any other MOBA. Unfortunately, none of the traditional design choices of any other MOBA, with the exception of maybe Smite, aren't present in World of Warships, and there is an unbreakable fundamental limitation that ultimately controls every aspect of combat you perform in [we all know what it is], and as much as everyone would hate to believe, myself included, there is nothing you can do about it. As I have said before, and once again, as much as no one would like to believe, there are some things that are impossible to do.

Very good read though. I'd definitely vouch for it's application in other games. 9/10.

RNG is universal, ship performance is universal. The variable of player performance is their skill, and it is where it allows some so succeed where others do not. I doubt you will ever come to understand that, and will always believe that these 'hindering factors' are always picking on you, and that is why you do poorly.

The facepalm value of your posts will always amuse me, and the way you dig your heels to hold your terrible notions about this game make me smile. May your arrogance live on forever.