You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TenguBlade

Lag...-_-

9 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,945 battles

Ever since the last update, I've been getting lag spikes every time I get fired on or try to fire.  This is annoying when you play a ship that relies on angling and dodging to survive or has slow traverse times.  When you play a ship that has both, it's hair-tearing.  I've had 6 0-damage games in my Myoko over the course of 3 hours, and 9 since the update hit, out of 12 games total.  If I'm not dead from the first salvo that gets lobbed at me, then my shells continually miss because the delay between when I input the command to fire the guns and when its processed means the turrets are way off-target because the ship's turrets are hand-cranked or something or another.  And let's not forget what happens every time I try to dodge a torpedo.  Input full rudder, all stop, and the command doesn't register until after the torpedo hits me, assuming I even see it before I get a lag spike and it's impaled in my hull when the lag subsides.

I know it's not fair to the Myoko, but at the moment, I hate this ship with a burning passion, and rightly so: she's earned me a net loss of over 300k. This is to a point that I've disconnected from the server for the night because I'm not even sure I'll be able to not take my rage out on my teammates any more if I play a different ship or even play Jacuzzi mode (no need to worry about TKing others in Myoko, all my shells will just miss because of lag).

...Alright, I'm done.  Post any and all "stop crying and learn to internet" stuff below, I deserve it.  If anyone has any explanations for why things are suddenly acting up when I've had no issues with this in the past on the same internet and computer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by TenguBlade

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

There was a major internet outage on Friday, and there still seems to be some left over.

Test here. http://www.pingtest.net/

If your line quality is B or better to CA, then it's not that.

It can also be something WG did with the graphics settings

Try this out: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/42946-engine-configxml-fps-loading-stuttering-fix/

And turn off your secondary monitor, if you have one, and don't playback any flash or HTML5 videos while the game is running.

That partially fixed the problem for me, although I can still feel the game struggle with FPS.

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

Is the game installed on a hard drive?  If so,  defrag it.  I discovered by accident that it appears repeated updates/patches of the game tend to scatter files all over your HDD thereby requiring more time for the seek head(s) to load all those necessary small files when needed.  Might work,  might not.

[STW]
Members
69 posts
10,807 battles

I have a similar issue with the ping of the game. It has been very unstable recently with the past few patches. Some days I'm fine at the normal 30-50ms ping but other days (mostly later in the evening or early morning) the ping is 50-1000+ and changing rapidly all over in that range. FPS is running smooth, I just get the stutter of latency from the ping being unstable. I've tested my net while running the game and other games simultaneously and the problem is not my net. My conclusion is WG servers and my ISP (TWC) are not playing nice.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I have a similar issue with the ping of the game. It has been very unstable recently with the past few patches. Some days I'm fine at the normal 30-50ms ping but other days (mostly later in the evening or early morning) the ping is 50-1000+ and changing rapidly all over in that range. FPS is running smooth, I just get the stutter of latency from the ping being unstable. I've tested my net while running the game and other games simultaneously and the problem is not my net. My conclusion is WG servers and my ISP (TWC) are not playing nice.

Try a traceroute to the servers.

How to find server address: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/70397-lag-game-unplayable-for-me/page__pid__1727841#entry1727841

P.S. probably easiest to do on win10.

P.P.S. best to run the traceroute before, during and after a match, for a total of 3 times.

Edited by MrDeaf

[DAZE]
Beta Testers
153 posts
3,239 battles

I noticed the same stuttering but chalked it up to being on a huge map with lots of islands and trees... Trap was it? Hit it like three games in a row and quit.

Beta Testers
841 posts
3,908 battles

even outdated sound card drivers will make a game lag glitch. defrag and update everything.

Wow.... really? Absolutely amazing. Are you feeling okay? I'll be reporting you for posting a heads up, decent, informative, non insulting reply.:trollface:

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

okay, so it doesn't seem like an internet issue, or hardware issue.

It feels like WoWs is having an issue with CPU power, despite my i5-3570k running all 4 cores at 3.8Ghz with 100% utilization, thanks to WoWs.