Wawan25

[MOD] Unique Camouflage

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

204 posts in this topic

Hi.

Thanks for you interest.

Sorry for this disagreement.

I think your browner is the cause ...

Today, do you have yet this problem ?

Hi.

Thanks for you interest.

Sorry for this disagreement.

I think your browner is the cause ...

Today, do you have yet this problem ?

Seems to work now. Tried it through Chrome and it was fine. I've always used IE in the past and it worked fine....not sure what changed. 

Is there anyway to mod just one particular ship on your mod and not all?

Yes, it's possible. But you need to create your own camouflages.xml. And you will redone it at each game's update ...

What is the ship you are interested in ?

Edited by Wawan25

Well i'm an IJN ship collector and have quite a few of the perm camos and some of the ones visible in your mod are pretty similar to the perm camos such as the Aoba and a few others.  I'll have to start researching how to manipulate the camoflages document to see what I can do to get all of the IJN ships that dont come with perm camo to make the type 5 camo look like em for uniformity.

I understant, but it's very hard to do.

Aoba camouflage is not a classic camo but done like a premium camo (like a skin). So it's impossible to make it easily for all japanese ships.

If i ever won the powerball lottery i'd pay you to make all IJN ships (ones that don't have perm or premium camo)  have the same premium look to them with the type 5 camo and make atago green as well.  I'll win the lotto someday!

OK, if you win, I will do it for money !!!!! :P

About Atago, you only need to change blue into green ?

It's easy.

Open camouflages.xml.

Search (with CTRL + F) that :

<camouflage>
        <annotation>Áëîê óíèêàëüíîãî äåôîëòíîãî êàìóôëÿæà äëÿ ÿïîíñêîãî êðåéñåðà Àòàãî</annotation>
        <name>camo_permanent_1</name>
        <targetShip>PJSC038_Atago_1944</targetShip>
        <tiled>false</tiled>
        <UV>
            <Tile>1 1</Tile>
            <Gun>0.3 0.7</Gun>
        </UV>
        <Textures>
            <Bow_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Hull_camo_01.dds</Bow_Hull>
            <Bow_DeckHouse>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Deck_house_camo_01.dds</Bow_DeckHouse>
            <MidFront_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Hull_camo_01.dds</MidFront_Hull>
            <MidFront_DeckHouse>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Deck_house_camo_01.dds</MidFront_DeckHouse>
            <MidBack_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Hull_camo_01.dds</MidBack_Hull>
            <MidBack_DeckHouse>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Deck_house_camo_01.dds</MidBack_DeckHouse>
            <Stern_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Hull_camo_01.dds</Stern_Hull>
            <Stern_DeckHouse>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/JSC038_Atago_1944_Deck_house_camo_01.dds</Stern_DeckHouse>
            <Gun>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/IJN_tile_camo_02.dds</Gun>
        </Textures>
        <color0>0.164 0.182 0.211 0.700</color0>
        <color1>0.004 0.004 0.004 0.900</color1>
        <color2>0.039 0.102 0.184 1.000</color2>
        <color3>0.529 0.576 0.620 1.000</color3>
    </camouflage>

Erase the bold line :  <color2>0.039 0.102 0.184 1.000</color2>

And copy/paste this line instead of : <color2>0.035 0.047 0.012 0.834</color2>

So, blue become dark green ... It's a blind tutorial. I don't have Atago !!!!

Edited by Wawan25

Thanks Wawan.  With your post there I was able to successfully change the atago camo.  Now I think I'll be able to start adding in specific ships!  You're the man!

Sorry, I am late !!!

Mise%2B%25C3%25A0%2Bjour.png

New 0.5.15.2 version is available on my website : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

This version adds 4 new camouflages for Shiratsuyu and Akizuki (type 1 and type 5).

Almost all new IJN Destroyer are done3. Only Yugumo is missing ... :amazed:

15plded.jpg

11ad16w.jpg

About Atago, you only need to change blue into green ?

So, blue become dark green ... It's a blind tutorial. I don't have Atago !!!!

I'm reasonably sure you can always see/preview in your port any of the premium ships that can be purchased with doubloons from the tech tree.

And if you use mods there is one (from IIRC Major Renegade) that will change the ''greyed-out'' preview for unpurchased ships into normal color.

I always seem to update to the latest version of your camo mod right before a patch lol.

For sure, but no time to spend with that ... :B

Now, another new version of the game ... again. Welcome into 0.5.16.0 !!!

New 0.5.16.0 version is available on my website : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

It's very important to update the mod because you need WG Christmas camouflages.

Edited by Wawan25

Thanks for your support !!!

No, sorry, I don't change any Permanent Camouflage. I only redone it for the french Dunkerque, because WG camouflage is a treason for french people. So, I only change type 1, 2 and 5.

The next version of the mod (0.6.0) will add some German Destroyers and the last IJN Destoyer I don't make (Ygumo)

New 0.5.16.1 version is available on my website : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

I have installed this exactly per your "read me" instructions. The camos are not appearing.  Will this mod overwrite any existing camo or do I have to go back to the "vanilla" (base original) game config?

Nevermind.....:), fixed it!

Edited by rinker2343

So, all is OK. Thanks for your download !

The next version of the mod will add Yugumo and all German Destroyers.

Hi !!

The 0.6.0.0 version is available.

This version adds type 1 and type 5 camouflages for German Destroyers (tier IV to X) and for the japaneseYugumo.

Screenshots and DOWNLOAD LINK : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

Some screens (more on my website) :

2gx4cgx.jpg

op7p5v.jpg

35isp37.jpg

14cyb8g.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Wawan25

I know you won't work on perm camos but man do the new permanent camos for Amagi and Nagato look horribly bad and out of place compared to the rest of the IJN BB line.

Hi !

Nagato permanent camouflage is very near to my Special type 5. And it's nearly a historical camouflage. So, if I change it, I will almost make the same as WG ...

Same thing for Amagi.

I don't understand your point of view because these camouflages are really IJN style (dark green, light green and white). I choose these colors too for all IJN ships.

I found them really beautiful.

Edited by Wawan25

Any plans to do custom camo for the ARP ships (make em look like normal ships?)