Wawan25

[0.6.14.2] Unique Camouflage

231 comments in this topic

I was curious to see how your camo tiles are laid out, but using Firefox & being signed into Google when I go to (telechargement) the downloads just open a new blank page no matter what permissions or cookies I allow.

Trying your site in Internet Explorer prompts only questions about needing to update my browser......

I would guess the mega.nz storage site isn't blocked by some countries, but I'm at a loss now about what to try next.

Wawan25    71

It's very strange. Sorry for that. The other players don't have any problem to download my mod from MEGA.

Perhaps, someone can help Billy_Burns_91 ? Do you know why he can't access MEGA to download my mod ?

If not, give me your mail by MP. I will send you my mod.

Some news about the next version of my mod.

The NEW Nagato :

newNAGATO4.gif

And this night, I began US Aircraft-Carriers from Langley to Ranger.

Some screens :

bogue.jpg

ranger.jpg

Edited by Wawan25

how hard would it be for you to make this mod a skin mod, instead of the camo mod? for i would like this on all the ships i have, unless they are the ships i like with anime skins, but, if it's too hard for you to make that, thats okay, but nice work my friend. 

Wawan25    71

Sorry, it is not a question of time but It is impossible to make my mod a SKIN mod.

You can use my mod AND skins. But you mustn't buy camouflage on skinned ships.

Edited by Wawan25

Pretty nice tiles overall.

Would it be possible to get a quick step-by-step overview of how you make a tile?

I've done some similar generic or seamless designs, but a few keep ending up with small areas of ''bad'' pixels when I complete an image then export to the .dds format & generate mip-maps.

Not every tile has had this problem, so I suspect it might be related to selecting using the magic wand tool in either photoshop or gimp.

Edited by Billy_Burns_91

Wawan25    71

I am working on Photoshop. I create the pattern and save it as an .psd.

I don't use Photoshop to convert this .psd into a dds file because I have bugs and pixel problems.

So I use a tool to convert photoshop file into dds file. And I have no problem.

This tool is DD Converter 2.1. It's an old program but it's very useful for me !!!

I hope you understand what I wrote because my english is not very good !!!!!

Wawan25    71

No, no conflict except with camo and skins mods of course ...

I have worked hard for three days. And I create all Japanese and American Aircraft-Carriers (camo type 1 and type 5).

I have redone all Japanese Cruisers and Battleships (camo type 1,2 and 5). And I have redone all American Battleships (camo type 1,2 and 5).

Now, colors and patterns are more historical. So, I have created 91 new camouflages for the last three days !!!

All these camouflages will be available in the next version of the patch (0.5.8.0).

I can't show you all, but here are some ones : 

Bogue5.jpg

New%2BYork%2B2.jpg

Ranger1.jpg

New%2BMexico1.jpg

Iowa5.jpg

Kuma5.jpg

Myoko5.jpg

Ibuki5.jpg

Hiryu1.jpg

Yamato1.jpg

You can download the current version of my Camouflage Mod here : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

Edited by Wawan25
  • Cool 1

Wawan25    71

Hi American community.

I have just been banned from the French Forum because I showed a Rising Sun flag (61x41 pixels) to identify my japanese camouflages.

It's like that in France. If you create something useful, we prefer to give you a kick in the teeth instead of coming to bring you some help. It's a fantastic country !!!!

I am sure that American community is less silly and will accept I continue to present my work without worries.

Edited by Wawan25
  • Cool 1

Wawan25    71

Hi all !!

New 0.5.8.0 Version available !!!

It's a giant update because I have redone ALL US Navy Ships and nearly ALL Japanses Ships (over 100 new camouflages).

Now, there are more realistic.

Some US cruisers examples :

OmahaNEW.jpg

ClevelandNEW.jpg

NewOrleansNEW.jpg

You can download my mod on my website (use included translator too box) : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

• Cool 1

Izolyn    229

Hey Wawan,

Would it be possible for you to give side-by-side pictures of the old vs new camouflages? Or, for that matter, just an image album with all of the camouflages which tells us which ship, camouflage, and new/old version?

I have no doubt that at least some people might prefer some of the old camouflages, so it would be nice to have a quick method of comparison to decide which ones to keep, and presumably you already have images for them from the albums on your website.

As far as comments on the new versions go, did you base some of the new IJN camos off of the Myoukou's premium camouflage? The Myoukou itself definitely has the same color scheme.

Side note - if you are one of the hypothetical people who want to keep an old version of a given camouflage, but you aren't sure how, I can try making a basic tutorial. Pretty much just find the appropriate information in the camouflage.xml, substitute the corresponding information from an old version of the camouflage.xml, and if necessary change the tile pattern.

Edit - preliminary change log (new camouflages + some changes to the ones I have and can look at) because I have too much time on my hands

New Camouflages

US Destroyers

• Clemson now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Nicholas now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Farragut now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage

US Cruisers

• No new camouflages

US Battleships

• New York now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 2 camouflage
  • New Mexico now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 2 camouflage

US Carriers

• Bogue now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Independence now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Ranger now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Lexington now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Essex now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Midway now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage

JP Destroyers

• Mutsuki now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage

JP Cruisers

• Kuma now has Type 1, Type 2, and Type 5 camouflage
  • Furutaka now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 2 camouflage
  • Aoba now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 2 camouflage

JP Battleships

• No new camouflages

JP Carriers

• Zuihou now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Ryuujou now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Hiryuu now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Shoukaku now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Taihou now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Hakuryuu now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage

RU Destroyers

• Izyaslav now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage
  • Gnevny now has Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 1 camouflage
  • Ognevoi now has Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 1 camouflage

RU Cruisers

• Budyonny now has Type 1, Type 2, and Type 5 camouflage

DE Cruisers

• Karlsruhe now has Type 1, Type 2, and Type 5 camouflage
  • Konigsberg now has Type 1 and Type 5 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 2 camouflage
  • Nurnberg now has Type 1 and Type 2 camouflage, in addition to existing Type 2 camouflage

Changed Camouflages

(Currently only have Furutaka, Aoba, Myoukou, and Fusou, so I can only speak for changes to those. Also have Kuma and Svietlana, but Kuma had no old camouflage and I don't think Svietlana's changed at all.)

Furutaka: Significant change to Type 2 camouflage.

Aoba: Dark green and light green have been swapped; now has a lighter gray hull

Old version: http://i.imgur.com/fWKlHs2.jpg

<color0>0.667 0.702 0.604 1.000</color0> This is a VERY light green, almost white.
<color1>0.043 0.042 0.045 1.000</color1> This is a dark gray.
<color2>0.263 0.275 0.133 1.000</color2> This is a light green.
<color3>0.015 0.027 0.008 1.000</color3> This is a dark green.

New version: http://i.imgur.com/IUNY1Wp.jpg

<color0>0.667 0.702 0.604 1.000</color0> Same as the old color0 - very light green, close to white.
<color1>0.156 0.152 0.137 1.000</color1> This is a medium gray.
<color2>0.015 0.027 0.002 0.950</color2> This is almost the same dark green as the old color3 (lost a bit of blue).
<color3>0.263 0.275 0.133 1.000</color3> This is the same light green as the old color2.

Myoukou: Significant changes to Type 1, Type 2, and Type 5 camouflage, including changing the color to that of Myoukou's premium camouflage

Fusou: Minor color tweaks.

Old version:

Type 1: http://i.imgur.com/fxlfdXN.jpg

Type 2: http://i.imgur.com/pJLP0Av.jpg

Type 5: http://i.imgur.com/YWGvxcX.jpg

<color0>0.002 0.027 0.001 0.834</color0> This is a dark green.
<color1>0.170 0.195 0.088 0.884</color1> This is a medium-light green.
<color2>0.667 0.702 0.604 0.784</color2> This is a VERY light green, almost white.
<color3>0.074 0.105 0.026 0.884</color3> This is a medium-dark green.

New version:

Type 1: http://i.imgur.com/ZB1YvvA.jpg

Type 2: http://i.imgur.com/p6SOh3Z.jpg

Type 5: http://i.imgur.com/OfQqdwy.jpg

<color0>0.035 0.047 0.012 1.000</color0> This is a dark green, but not as dark as the old one.
<color1>0.263 0.275 0.133 1.000</color1> This is a light green, lighter than the old one.
<color2>0.667 0.702 0.604 0.950</color2> Same as the old color2 - very light green, close to white.
<color3>0.263 0.275 0.133 1.000</color3> This is the same light green as the new color1.

Note that the colors change positions (0, 1, 2, 3) between Fusou's Type 1 camouflage and its Type 2 and 5 camouflages, but they're all the same colors. These are the colors from Type 1.

Edited by Izolyn

Kuckoo    827

Just DL'd your camo mod for 0.5.8.

I've been using your camo mods for a long time now.  I usually don't use mods, but I make an exception for your work (and Adiya's flag mod).  They're brilliant!

You should be proud of your work.  :great:

P.S. - Congrats to France in the Euro Cup.  Looking for them to beat Portugal!

• Cool 1

Having been tinkering around with something similar, but nowhere near as productive, I do have a small color change suggestion for the IJN schemes.

This is the ''standard'' mustard yellow-green used in-game; <color>0.263 0.275 0.133 0.000</color> hex #434622 : Very dark desaturated yellow.

I replaced it with this other green which looks pretty decent; <color>0.192 0.263 0.161 0.000</color> hex #314329 : Very dark desaturated green.

yubari_color_change 2.jpg

edit(s); I will try, this LAST time, to fix the image. No clue why it keeps deleting........

yubari_color_change 2.jpg

Edited by Billy_Burns_91

Aurelion    8

Hi American community.

I have just been banned from the French Forum because I showed a Rising Sun flag (61x41 pixels) to identify my japanese camouflages.
It's like that in France. If you create something useful, we prefer to give you a kick in the teeth instead of coming to bring you some help. It's a fantastic country !!!!

I am sure that American community is less silly and will accept I continue to present my work without worries.

No! :izmena:

How ironic, given that Japanese fought the Americans more than French. Please continue to post here.

Wawan25    71

Hi all !!

Sorry for my absence, I was on holiday !

Yes, I suspected that my new US and IJN Camouflages would do some people happy and some peole unhappy.

All is a compromise. I chose to make my ships more realistic but trying to keep an attractive appearence.

I am very sorry if you are disappointed by my choice. I know it's not easy to please everybody.

A big thanks to Izolyn for his change log. And you are right when you said that I was based on Permanent Premium Camouflage as the Myoukou (Myoko in french). All Permanent Premium Camouflage is a 100% historical camouflage. So, it's great for me to have true colors and patterns. It's like that for Myoukou and New Orleans.

Billy_Burn_91 : this new green is very good. I like it. Now I am working about new german camouflages for the future Kriegsmarine BattleShips. I am trying to create many specific type 1,2 and 5 patterns for german camouflages. But, it would be interesting to use your IJN green on some IJN ships. I keep your hexa color code. I will make some tests later. Thanks.

Yes, Aurelion, I am agree with you !! Of course.

Thanks all for your supports. A full of download comes from USA !!! Thanks a lot !

Note : I hope my english is not too bad ...

Wawan25    71

Mise%2B%25C3%25A0%2Bjour.png

New 0.5.9.0 version available here : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

This version adds new realistic camouflages for :

- IJN destroyers Fubuki, Kagero et Shimakaze (type 1 and type 5),

- all German Cruisers (type 1, 2 and 5).

Somes screenshots of High-Tier German Cruisers :

hipper1.jpg

roon2.jpg

Hindenburg5.jpg

Sir_Apocolypse    127

Is it hard to convert a skin into an actual camouflage?  I did a nice Benson skin (in my sig), but I would much rather have it as camo than as a skin.  (I wouldn't even mind if you added it to your camo mod).  Let me know if you need the psd or if it is too different to change.

Edit:  Ok, after downloading, I see that this won't work the same, or at least it probably won't.

Edited by wuvgun

Wawan25    71

Yes, sorry. You understood the problem. I can't do it as a regular camo. It would be possible to use Premium camo system. I will need many time ...

Edited by Wawan25
  • Cool 1

Wawan25    71

Mise%2B%25C3%25A0%2Bjour.png

New 0.5.9.1 version available here : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

This version adds 2 important things :

- All russian cruisers camouflages are redone (type 1, 2 and 5) so 21 new camouflages (from Svietlana to Moskva).

- A new type of camouflage appeared : Type 5 HQ. The new type is created like Wargamming Premium Camouflage. I can offer new specific camouflage as the Budyonni "For Mother Land !". See screenshot below.

Somes screenshots :

svietlanana2.jpg

kirov5.jpg

budyonni-spe5.jpg

Edited by Wawan25

garfield001    375

Hey there Wawan!

Good job as always. Love the new HQ camouflage. Of course, I just sold my Buddy last week... Are you planning on making special HQ camo for all ships?

-----

Salut Wawan!

Super camouflages comme d'habitude! Le nouveau camo HQ a vraiment de la gueule. Évidemment, j'ai vendu mon Buddy la semaine passée... Mais bon. Pense-tu en faire pour tous les navires?