Wawan25

[0.6.14.2] Unique Camouflage

231 comments in this topic

Wawan25    71

Hi everybody !

I am french, so sorry for my poor english.

I always find that camouflage are very limited in World of Warships.

All ships show the same camouflage pattern. Only the colors seems to be different.

Since last patch 0.5.2.4, premium ships have unique camouflage. Why not all ships ?

The objective of my mod is to give an unique camouflage for each ship.

So I have drawn pattern files, choosen colors and adjusted mapping. Then I have assigned it to each ship to created a unique combination. It is not a skin mod, but a camouflage mod.

It's really important because you keep the bonus by using camo !!! As usual, you need to buy with credits the camouflage.

camouflage Type 1, 2 and 5 for these cruisers and battleships : Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Des Moines, Wyoming, Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Zao, Myogi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Izumo, Yamato, Svietlana, Kirov, Budyonny, Schors, Chapayev, DM Donskoï, Moskva, Karlsruhe, Koenigsberg, Yorck, Admiral Hipper, Roon and Hindenburg camouflage Type 1 et 5 for destroyers and aircraft carriers :Izokaze, Minekaze,Mutsuki, Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Kagero, Shimakaze,Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, Gearing, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloï, Khabarovsk, Langley and Hosho camouflage Type 1 only for Gnevny et Ognevoy  camouflage Type 2 only for  Furutaka, Aoba, New York and New Mexico.

Note :

1. it's very important to understand that it is NOT a SKINS mod, but a CAMOUFLAGE PATTERN MOD.

2. I know that is not historical camouflage. I have done this mod to give ships more attractive like Premium ships. If you want 100% historical ships, download indivdual skins on the web.

I have created a Blog for my Unique Camouflage Mod. It's more easy for me to update my work on a single website.

Now you can download from this link :

http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

Sorry, it's in french, but the included Google Translate module will help you ! I hope it's efficient ...

Some Screenshots :

What the mod do :

Omaha%2Bcompare.jpg

Kongo%2Bcompare.jpg

Some examples on few ships :

Hosho.jpg

Pensacola.jpg

Minekaze.jpg

Nurnberg.jpg

Yamato.jpg

Yorck.jpg

Langley.jpg

Ognevoy.jpg

Aoba.jpg

Khabarovsk.jpg

Furutaka.jpg

Cleveland.jpg

North%2BCarolina.jpg

Edited by Wawan25
  • Cool 13

TotenKampf    22

These are very good skins! Continuez votre bon travail. Excusez mon français, je ne pris une classe à l’école secondaire.

Kuckoo    827

Fantastique!

Never was into mods but this is quality work.  I might actually use these.

EDIT:  Just visited the website.  Yeah, this is really good stuff.  Definitely downloading a few.  Superbe travail!  :great:

Edited by Kuckoo

Wawan25    71

Thanks a lot !

But it's important to understand that it is not a skins mod, only camouflage mod.

My mod is built from EU version of World of Warships. I hope it's 100% compatible with USA version ...

All ships are not done yet because I need to have the ship in port to create his new camouflage. I am not a Beta Tester. So I have no acces to have all ships in port. I must to wait for the Public Test is open to continue my mod.

Perhaps do you know the way to visualise all ships in harbor with camouflage ? It would be great to finish my mod.

PS: Screenshots "work in progress" of the Kirov on my blog : http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

Edited by Wawan25

Izolyn    229

These look very nice. Much better than the vanilla camouflage, at least for IJN (Haven't used the other lines to compare their default camos, but your camouflages look great for those too).

Still using the American Basketball camo on my Myogi at the moment, because the garish red makes me giggle, but I'm definitely bookmarking this to use once the event ends.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the rest of the ships. Since Kirov is a "work in progress," I assume you're working on the Russian cruiser line next?

Wawan25    71

Thanks a lot.

I need to have a ship at the port to make his camouflage. Without  opening of the Public Test, I am very limited. So, waiting, I play with russian cruisers.

Edited by Wawan25

Aurelion    8

I'll be checking for a 0.5.6 version of this every day. :-)

I guess the new camos they add every patch must break it every time. Too bad...

Wawan25    71

Sorry ...

Since last 0.5.6.0, WG dedided to block my mod. Its impossible for me to run my Unique Camouflage Mod.

I am sorry and especially disgusted ...

I need to add new lines in camouflage.xml and now, this file don't accept new line ...

It's the end. Sorry

Gman2900    17

I don't understand Wawan25, i've seen other camo mods updated since v0.5.6.0 and while yes it seems that "as usual" they've changed something, it does bare fruit that it is not the end of camo mods, it can still be done!!!

• Cool 1

Izolyn    229

Unique Camouflage does, in fact, work with 0.5.6. Taking the old camouflages.xml from past versions of the mod and using that doesn't seem to work, for whatever reason, but this is the result of extracting the current 0.5.6 camouflages.xml, copying it, then pasting the Furutaka's type 2 unique camo information into it. I also tested it first by making Myoukou's type 2 camouflage look like her new premium camouflage. Full explanations are included in the image descriptions in the link: http://imgur.com/a/wyciI

The images themselves, spoiler'd for size:

Myoukou:

Note that the type 2 camo is equipped, not the premium camo.

Furutaka:

Looks like you need a slight edit there, Furutaka...

Tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can copy/paste all the Unique Camouflage info from the old camouflages.xml into my new camouflages.xml. If everything works properly with that, I'll upload my camouflages.xml here, and you should be able to have it work along with the Contents folder from the most recent version of the mod.

So don't give up just yet, Wawan! It does work! (I don't understand why it works when the old camouflages.xml didn't, but it does!)

Edit:

Download link for camouflages.xml

Seems to be working properly, though the camouflages for Japanese cruisers seem to all have the same problem as Furutaka in the picture above. Japanese battleship camouflages don't seem to have a problem. Can't check any other ships, since I haven't got them.

Edit the second:

Actually, I'm not sure if there is, technically speaking, a problem with the cruisers' camouflage. It looks like the generic unmodded camouflages have the same problem. So...uh...10/10 update, WG?

Edited by Izolyn
  • Cool 1

Aurelion    8

Thanks for updating this Izolyn! Works great for me. Hopefully Wawanw will see this and continue work, though this isn't his primary server.

Gman2900    17

Thanks for updating this Izolyn! Works great for me. Hopefully Wawanw will see this and continue work, though this isn't his primary server.

I agree, hopefully he does come back to see this, many thanks for updating his fine work, cheers!!!

ric212    0

The camouflage is given at a stage in the game: a properly deployed smoke screen, for smaller ship's is effective when in close quarter engagement.

Okitank    0

Wawan25 got his american account blocked, so I bring you the new. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

But, his mod works again, thanks to Izolyn. He thanks you a lot, GIANT THANKS he said. He could never have updated without your help.

So, the mod is once again available on Wawan website, here: 

Good days fellow captains, and enjoy those good old camouflages! 

Edited by Okitank

Gman2900    17

Wawan25 got his american account blocked, so I bring you the new. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

But, his mod works again, thanks to Izolyn. He thanks you a lot, GIANT THANKS he said. He could never have updated without your help.

:great::great::great:

Izolyn    229

Good to hear! Hopefully 0.5.7 won't cause problems again, since that's coming soon.

Incidentally, the best guess I have for why the old version of the mod didn't work is that the 0.5.6 update involved new ships (Indianapolis) as well as new premium camouflages (Yorck, Myoukou, etc.), which the old version didn't account for, and upon finding nothing for Indianapolis or the new premium camouflages the game switched back to the default rather than glitch out because it couldn't find the necessary files. It wasn't anything intentional on WG's part, just an unfortunate side effect of having new ships/camouflages to deal with. Thus, the fix was to add in the information for Wawan's camouflages into the new camouflages.xml from 0.5.6, which had the new camouflage information. Given that 0.5.7 will add the Arizona and Ashigara in for testing, it's something to keep in mind.

Something I'll need to try if 0.5.7 breaks things again is taking the Arizona and Ashigara information from the 0.5.7 camouflages.xml and adding it to the working 0.5.6 Unique Camouflage version, to test that guess. Or, now that I think of it, just poke at the current version some before it gets updated and see what happens if I remove the information for the premium camos, one of the ships, or both.

Edit: Poking around complete, and neither removing the information in the camouflages.xml for Myoukou's premium camouflage nor removing everything about Indianapolis seems to break the mod (but it does mean that Myoukou's premium camouflage appears as no camouflage at all, which is amusing). So that guess is out. I'll still try poking at things if the mod breaks with 0.5.7, though.

Edited by Izolyn

Wawan25    71

Hello all !!!

I am very happy to come back to the NA forum ! My account was blocked because I am french and I can't play on NA server.

I would like to say A BIG THANK to Izolyn for his help ! To day, my mod works on. THANKS !!!

The current 0.5.7.0 version of my mod adds a new camo for Hatsuharu :

hatsu1.jpg

hatsu5.jpg

During Battle :

hatsu%252B.jpg

You can download this last version on my website :http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

Please, use google translate box to english version.

And now, I am working on Nagato Battleship. Here the new camouflages available in the next version of the mod :

newNAGATO3.gif

Edited by Wawan25