Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CelticArchangel

Death by Flood Fire?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
63 posts
1,607 battles

Cheers everyone!

I've noticed something over the last few months and figured it was just a development that hadn't been corrected yet.

When a ship takes a torp to the side and it breaches the armor, causing flooding... why is that being sunk by flooding while NOT on fire, causes the ship to burst into flames? Few days ago a lone DD crept up on me from behind an island and managed to bury one torpedo into the side of my Mex. At point blank range I erased him from the match... but I was so close to dying that there wasn't enough time for my repair party to cool down. The last two enemy ships were on the other side of the map engaging allies. leaving just me alone.

I pan the camera out to pretty much watch my ship sink in a few seconds... when upon dying the Mex stops dead and explodes into flames. Lol. This confuses me. No shells or torps hit me... ally or enemy. Just death by water. 

I know the HMS Barham turned over and exploded in WW2 but she turned over and exploded. Our ships sit up right.   

Is it suppose to behave like this? Just genuinely curious is all.  

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,811 posts
10,183 battles

All ship deaths in this game, no matter what the cause, is displayed with an explosion.

Must be homage to Michael Bay.
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Part of it is programming simplicity. The other is likely if we go with reality, boiler explosions are pretty common on sinking ships once the cold water hit's the hot metal. Cools it too fast, metal cracks and loses durability, can't contain pressure, boom.

Beta Testers
63 posts
1,607 battles

I actually thought about the boilers going up, but that seems to precise for WG to be directly involved in.

I'm just going to go with my first thought of "current programing parameters". 

Thanks though!

[_AFW_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,359 battles

Yeah the default death animation is bursting into flames, and I think that is a limitation of programming. I believe that in translated RU dev  posts they mention they are working on more varied death animations. We might see them soonTM

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,250 battles

Yeah the default death animation is bursting into flames, and I think that is a limitation of programming. I believe that in translated RU dev  posts they mention they are working on more varied death animations. We might see them soonTM

I have seen a more rare one instead of just going down that a ship can capsize, a fuso that got sunk by torpedos alone capsized and sunk that way. 

Sign in to follow this