NikoPower

Where is the Saipan?!?!?!? - UPDATE!!!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

202 posts in this topic

Oh man. Just trying to say that alone would be enough for some.

Gotta love them Germans when it comes to naming things.

FDeuVmT.jpg

In all seriousness though, will we be getting an update on the Saipan? Or are we going to have a delayed updated on the delay of the Saipan :hiding:

Edited by OseanTanker

In a short answer, it is coming very soon. It is in the finishing stages of being balanced and ready for your maximum enjoyment. We want to make sure that those who choose to use her will enjoy every minute of battle. It did take a bit longer than expected and for that, we apologize. We definitely don't want to put the Saipan out there broken. When it is ready, very soon, we will be sure to let you know about it ASAP.

we don't need it we need BBs and Cruisers

This thread is a great example of why WG doesn't give us information.

WG:  "Sorry, we promised Saipan this month, but we didn't meet the deadline.  We will let you know more information later."

Forumgoers:     "OK, thanks for at least telling us" *grumble*

Next Day:           "Hey, where's that information you promised?!?!?"

Following Day:   "Are you just stringing us along?"

We have the collective patience of a five-year-old that just drank a case of Mt. Dew.

"We have the collective patience of a five year old that just drank a case of Mt. Dew."

This thread is a great example of why WG doesn't give us information.

WG:  "Sorry, we promised Saipan this month, but we didn't meet the deadline.  We will let you know more information later."

Forumgoers:     "OK, thanks for at least telling us" *grumble*

Next Day:           "Hey, where's that information you promised?!?!?"

Following Day:   "Are you just stringing us along?"

We have the collective patience of a five-year-old that just drank a case of Mt. Dew.

It's been half a week. Before that it was a month with barely any info. WG has already started the next event and *surprise!* it's IJN oriented, just like most of the other events we've gotten. The Saipan is the one US ship WG has really promoted like this, and it's been delayed seemingly indefinitely, with rumors being that it was nerfed because it actually did damage. So forgive us for feeling strung along.

It's been half a week. Before that it was a month with barely any info. WG has already started the next event and *surprise!* it's IJN oriented, just like most of the other events we've gotten. The Saipan is the one US ship WG has really promoted like this, and it's been delayed seemingly indefinitely, with rumors being that it was nerfed because it actually did damage. So forgive us for feeling strung along.

​You feel strung along?
Where's my Norge?  Where's my Scharnhorst with both 280 and 380mm guns?
I want my Viking Longship!
meh meh meh
Just reminded of what a horrible child I was at Christmas.

​You feel strung along?
meh meh meh

Those other ships weren't promised and hyped up by WG. There's a difference.

​You feel strung along?
meh meh meh

"Daddy Daddy, I almost blew up the school"

"MORTISHA he's no son of MINE"

Those other ships weren't promised and hyped up by WG. There's a difference.

​I guess I don't read Reddit or the news on the front page very often.

I can't watch video's that aren't captioned.

I honestly had no idea Wargaming was promising and hyping up the Saipan.

Going off of this forum I never would have known.

Honest truth.

​I guess I don't read Reddit or the news on the front page very often.

I can't watch video's that aren't captioned.

I honestly had no idea Wargaming was promising and hyping up the Saipan.

Going off of this forum I never would have known.

Honest truth.

Every weekend in March they kept promising the Saipan "later this month," with events geared toward US carrier captains to gain XP and other rewards. Again: it's the only premium US ship hyped like this since the game went into open beta, against the flood of IJN ships they've pushed upon us, and coincidentally it's also the only ship they haven't delivered on time. And now we're all waiting, checking each day, and hoping that 1) it gets released soon and 2) it isn't terrible like every US premium that's been released so far.

Every weekend in March they kept promising the Saipan "later this month," with events geared toward US carrier captains to gain XP and other rewards. Again: it's the only premium US ship hyped like this since the game went into open beta, against the flood of IJN ships they've pushed upon us, and coincidentally it's also the only ship they haven't delivered on time. And now we're all waiting, checking each day, and hoping that 1) it gets released soon and 2) it isn't terrible like every US premium that's been released so far.

​"Events geared toward US carrier captains to gain XP and other rewards"

Events are geared towards accumulating data, so they can fine tune specific classes and nationalities via usage of contest data.  They aren't about getting free stuff.  I realize this may come as a shock, and I do apologize. 

And no I don't represent Wargaming or speak for them in any manner and have no particular knowledge of any of the aforementioned.

Just opinion.

Events are geared towards accumulating data, so they can fine tune specific classes and nationalities via usage of contest data.  They aren't about getting free stuff.  I realize this may come as a shock, and I do apologize. 

And no I don't represent Wargaming or speak for them in any manner and have no particular knowledge of any of the aforementioned.

Just opinion.

Except in every event they kept mentioning the Saipan. "Prepare your bodies, the Saipan is coming!" (Paraphrasing here). They clearly wanted us excited about the ship.

Well, we're excited. And that's the shame of it. This frustration that we're experiencing due to the delay is BECAUSE we're excited and want to throw money at Wargaming for the ship, even though the Atlanta, Sims, Marblehead and Albany before it were all distinctly underwhelming. We've put our reservations aside and we're willing to take a chance, but every day that WG doesn't release the ship and says nothing about it, the excitement hurts us and turns to frustration.

Just opinion.

there's been leaked information from official sources - that - an entire universe of spreadsheets goes into designing one of these events. So many spreadsheets - so many angles of interpretation that mere mortals lack the ability to imagine the actual scope and breath of even the trees sacrificed for these projects

I am deliberately understating this issue

there's been leaked information from official sources - that - an entire universe of spreadsheets goes into designing one of these events. So many spreadsheets - so many angles of interpretation that mere mortals lack the ability to imagine the actual scope and breath of even the trees sacrificed for these projects

I am deliberately understating this issue

​I honestly didn't know bro.

I just saw contests in warplanes and then here, and in each I tried to find purpose in them and understand why WG choose to conduct one.

It just makes perfect sense in how to create measuring sticks.  Say for example jump in your favorite T5 cruiser and try to get the highest score this weekend.  It just provides WG with a recently updated highly accurate model for how cruisers are doing in game.  Gee a few later, the Russian Cruiser line comes out.

I know... all ya'll jumpin' to conclusions, its bout free stuff.....

This kind of got out of hand quickly. I do think WG dropped the ball on the Saipan. They should have been more open about it being delayed. We didn't hear anything until late on the 31st (east cost time). And even then it was on Redit not the WOW forums. I am not upset that its late I know that sometimes stuff happens and you miss your timelines but they couldn't have been more open about it. I would rather they delay on the ship then sell it then change it later if its to OP.

I promised you all I would get you information as I received it. So here it is, the information you've all be waiting for. Forget all that fun stuff I said above. The release date for the Saipan is APRIL 11th! Keep an eye on the forums for the full information on the Saipan on Friday.

This kind of got out of hand quickly. I do think WG dropped the ball on the Saipan. They should have been more open about it being delayed. We didn't hear anything until late on the 31st (east cost time). And even then it was on Redit not the WOW forums. I am not upset that its late I know that sometimes stuff happens and you miss your timelines but they couldn't have been more open about it. I would rather they delay on the ship then sell it then change it later if its to OP.

I agree with everything here. The delay is fine if it's really about making sure the ship is playable and fun without being OP, instead of just because WG nerfed it to hell so it'd suck like all the other US premiums. I would just like better communication about the issue.

And even then it was on Redit not the WOW forums.

Nope. It was on a WoWS news article's comments, which was reposted to Reddit by someone unaffiliated with Wargaming. Should you be openly criticizing when you don't have the facts straight?

I promised you all I would get you information as I received it. So here it is, the information you've all be waiting for. Forget all that fun stuff I said above. The release date for the Saipan is APRIL 11th! Keep an eye on the forums for the full information on the Saipan on Friday.

EXCELLENT. The timing is perfect because I'll be off all day after getting set up with my new job.