You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Warspite repair party

15 comments in this topic

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,179 posts
10,923 battles

Finally, some definite confirmation about the current state of the Warspite's repair party from the RU devs: http://forum.worldofwarships.ru/index.php?/topic/49758-%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%83-%D0%B6%D0%B5-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%8C/page__st__20__p__2062077#entry2062077

- Warspite has the highest repair rate for its tier: 322hp/second, comparing to 266-285 for other tier 6 BBs (this one was pretty obvious, actually, but it's nice to know the actual number)

- Warspite can repair 60% of non-citadel shell damage, as opposed to 50% for other BBs

- Warspite repairs fires and flooding at 100% (don't other BBs only repair 50% of flooding? or am I imagining things?)

- Citadel repair is the same as all other BBs, 10% of dealt damage (this used to be higher due to a bug that became a feature for a while, but seemed they fixed that bug sometime late last year).

P.S. The dev didn't mention it, but it's also worth adding that Warspite also has a relatively short repair party cooldown comparing to other BBs.

0 posts

Interesting, I wonder what the reasoning was for it? something historic? or something purely for balancing the ship in some odd way? 

[-K--]
8,179 posts
10,923 battles

something historic?

or something purely for balancing the ship in some odd way? 

In his response the dev hinted that yeah, justification was historic: "Taken together, these bonuses provide a qualitative improvement to repair, which reflects certain interesting facts from the ship's biography". So, Jutland (most important), and perhaps scrapes in the Mediterranean in WWII?

But yeah, I think it's also for balance purposes -- with regular heal Warspite would be kind of UP comparing to NM and Fuso.

Members
41 posts
17 battles

Interesting, I wonder what the reasoning was for it? something historic? or something purely for balancing the ship in some odd way? 

Warspite was basically in a sinking state at the conclusion of her participation in Jutland - a few more good knocks likely would have been all it would have taken to send her to the bottom. The fact that the ship survived, paired with her playstyle in game (having to close on the enemy due to her downright poor range-for-tier) more than justifies the high repair rate. 

[MAUS]
Members
13,795 posts

Historical was the original reason disclosed.  The Warspite took an enormous pounding during the Battle of Jutland -- with over 150 hits taken and she toughed it out and made it home.

Normal Battleship repair is:

• 100% for fires, flooding and over penetrations.
  • 50% from HE / AP penetrations, Bomb Hits, Torpedo hits.
  • 10% for any damage done to the citadel, regardless of source (AP/HE/Bomb/Torpedo).
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

0 posts

Warspite was basically in a sinking state at the conclusion of her participation in Jutland - a few more good knocks likely would have been all it would have taken to send her to the bottom. The fact that the ship survived, paired with her playstyle in game (having to close on the enemy due to her downright poor range-for-tier) more than justifies the high repair rate. 

It works out then, a combination of both historical, and gameplay justification, a ship that handled much punishment in the heat of battle, and lasted through it, alongside a gameplay style that forces the Warspite to take damage, or atleast plenty of incoming enemy fire to dish it out (hopefully equally) . 

Historical was the original reason disclosed.  The Warspite took an enormous pounding during the Battle of Jutland -- with over 150 hits taken and she toughed it out and made it home.

Normal Battleship repair is:

• 100% for fires, flooding and over penetrations.
  • 50% from HE / AP penetrations, Bomb Hits, Torpedo hits.
  • 10% for any damage done to the citadel, regardless of source (AP/HE/Bomb/Torpedo).

I should really consider re-reading Jutland, It was a massively influential battle, and the battle itself was quite interesting, and one of the few battleship brawls in history, atleast on a large scale.  

Beta Testers
1,776 posts
1,592 battles

I think WG decided to make British BBs hardcore tankers...

Which makes me want our Nelson Class. Triple guns all in the front baby!

[-K--]
8,179 posts
10,923 battles

I should really consider re-reading Jutland

John Campbell's book? Yeah, great source.

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
15,056 battles

she is a slow boat with a slow rate of fire and this repair makes it worth having

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

... with regular heal Warspite would be kind of UP comparing to NM and Fuso.

Her current heal doesn't begin to cover for her apparent lack of protection.

(by the way, thanks for the heal details, good info)

I think WG decided to make British BBs hardcore tankers...

You must be joking. Warspite currently has the least survivability of all three T6 battleships in the game, especially for the kind of situations that she routinely has to get herself into given the range, speed and turret traverse. If the RN BB line is going to be anything like Warspite, we're in for yet another glass cannon line. *sigh*.

Edited by gurudennis

[-K--]
8,179 posts
10,923 battles

she also has no armor

Nah, her armor is good enough against 14" shells, if angled right. With 16" it gets pretty hairy.

Members
1,866 posts
6,950 battles

Nah, her armor is good enough against 14" shells, if angled right. With 16" it gets pretty hairy.

It might be adequate in random but don't expect do bounce shells froms fusos and new mexicos in team battle

I was always behind another bb in my Warspite because if I was in front I would take way to much damage

Edited by Marcanbus_NA

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

​Even 14" has more of an effect on Warspite than on her counterparts, all things being equal. But the main issue is not AP, it's HE. Warspite takes too much flat HE damage and catches fire more often than other BBs in the tier due to her massive bulky superstructure that's difficult to miss. A Warspite under focus fire from just one Aoba or Cleveland seldom lasts more than a couple minutes, and quite frequently burns down within the first 60 seconds. That's 2-4 of her own salvos in the best case (far from assured given dodging and turret traverse). Given any kind of dodging skill on the cruiser's part and the horrific dispersion on the few guns that Warspite has, 1-on-1 engagements with cruisers are ill-advised. That's right, the very ship type she's supposed to hard-counter in fact hard-counters her.

Warspite is not adequately protected and is severely underpowered for her tier. If she was at all popular among average and below average players, her stats would be in the gutter.