You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

So far, how well is everyone liking the new Soviet/Russian cruisers?

Do you like or not?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Novik T2

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
    • Я не играл еще (I have not played it yet)
  2. 2. Bogatyr T3

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  3. 3. Svietlana T4

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  4. 4. Kirov T5

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  5. 5. Budyonny T6

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  6. 6. Shchors T7

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  7. 7. Chapayev T8

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  8. 8. Dmitri Donskoi T9

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)
  9. 9. Moskva T10

• да (Da, Yes)
    • нет (Nyet, No)

31 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Some of them are fun, some of them are chores.

Edited by MrDeaf

[JOUST]
Members
174 posts
2,280 battles

Because after 7 hours of their release, we would totally be on Moskva by now.

I took my montana out for battle today because lower teirs where nothing but russian crusiers mostly, i did run into a moskva in that battle.
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,245 posts
16,892 battles

I took my montana out for battle today because lower teirs where nothing but russian crusiers mostly, i did run into a moskva in that battle.

Well, they probably used free XP.  Not everyone has 1 million free XP lying around.

[JAG]
Beta Testers
110 posts
3,258 battles

Took my New Orleans out around 9:00 this morning and ended up with a Shchores and a chapayev on my team.

Im on the fence about grinding the line. The ships look like they will be fun. However, the long rudder shift and large turn circles are a bit of a turn off.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Is NOW the time to strike in my T1 thru T6 non-Russian cruisers?  Now before players in the new Russian line learn how to play them and before they get em all upgraded? Is the iron hot?  Strike? I need all the advantages I can get. 

Edited by dmckay

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Bogatyr is now my 2nd favorite t3 cruiser after Tenryu. She plays like an even more fun St Louis. 

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,703 posts
14,166 battles

even the chores are fun

I prefer Coors

[NEXFL]
Members
125 posts
3,260 battles

I Free-XPed to the Budyonny and bought it, the Kirov, and the Bogatyr. I was on lunch so could only play one round...played the Budyonny. Was expecting it to play like a German cruiser, but as weird as it sounds I did well sniping DDs at ~12km with HE.

I like the torp spread...but the range is so bad it's pretty much your last move before death...take them with you, lol.

Only one battle though...so lots more time needed to settle into it. I Free-XPed full outfit on all 3 and had 7pt captains for each...will enjoy playing them out and eventually working to the higher tiers.

[JAG]
Beta Testers
110 posts
3,258 battles

Bogatyr is now my 2nd favorite t3 cruiser after Tenryu. She plays like an even more fun St Louis. 

Met a guy earlier using the 130's on the Bogatyr with AFT, BFT, and EM. He said they more than made up for the stat difference between the 130s and the stock 152s.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Because after 7 hours of their release, we would totally be on Moskva by now.

I guarantee you there are. I know many people with millions of free xp just sitting there.

Alpha Tester
697 posts
8,544 battles

You didn't have a neutral opinion, so I voted yes on all of them. They're an interesting group of ships, some of which I like more than others, but none that I disliked. 

[RESIN]
Beta Testers
321 posts
23,539 battles

Free xp'ed to T8.  Plays just like my MK........Luv it.....4 mill free xp by the way. Already played against a Moskova.

Edited by ACEpickles

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I see she is 2 knots faster than St Louis.  That is not a lot but better...decent...Da.  I love the St Louis but man that slow speed is a drag.  The St Louis is a tank however. Does Bogatyr compare to St Louis in this regard?  

[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
385 posts
9,627 battles

I see she is 2 knots faster than St Louis.  That is not a lot but better...decent...Da.  I love the St Louis but man that slow speed is a drag.  The St Louis is a tank however. Does Bogatyr compare to St Louis in this regard?  

I have been ripping them apart in my St. Louis. AP shreds them in no time, but they are faster and have better range.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Already joined a few T9+ battles with Moskavas on both teams.  They make great citadel pinatas for battleships, but are also strong enough to hold against other cruisers with the usual angling.  Have to be played like battlecruisers though.

I'm thinking of starting at T5 with Kirov, get a feel for the line there (assuming T5-7 is different from MK aside from smoke), then work up from there.  Yeah, I know Kirov's armor got worse, and it's engines are more vulnerable, so I've got to play her defensively.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
137 posts
9,857 battles

My only complaint are their guns huge arcs. Constantly undershooting target. Make small correction - which causes overshooting it.

[VNGRD]
Members
4,536 posts
19,324 battles

I'm thinking of starting at T5 with Kirov, get a feel for the line there (assuming T5-7 is different from MK aside from smoke), then work up from there.  Yeah, I know Kirov's armor got worse, and it's engines are more vulnerable, so I've got to play her defensively.

I honestly haven't lost my engine once,  I don't last long enough,  this ship has absolutely NO armor, you wont even bounce T3 shells shot at you.    It has two directions of travel,  Forward and Down to the bottom.

[--V--]
Members
1,602 posts
14,841 battles

Tiers II - IV I hated.  Tinder boxes.

Kirov - nice ship as long as you don't take any hits.  Lost over 1/2 HP with 2 volleys from an Omaha.  Engine and steering constantly get knocked out.  Rate of fire horrendous for this Tier.  Oh, and she catches fire if a shell gets near her.

Budyonny - just got up to him.  Seems ok, but still a tinder box.   Put 90 hits into a New Mexico - set 5 fires.  HP damage was 23k - Fire Damage was 37k.   Weak guns.