You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HBZK100

Idea: Unlimited Hangar Capasity

45 comments in this topic

Members
1,482 posts
2,386 battles

Since AA has gotten a buff, plus with how lethal AA is at higher tiers, why can't we have a unlimited hangar capasity? I have a few ideas on how to not make it OP aswell.

The player will still have the same number of aircraft in their hangar, but once they run out of DBs, TBs, or fighters, they're will be a 5-7 minute wait before they get a fully reloaded hangar with that new group of new aircraft.

The length of the timer will depend on the hangar capasity.  For example, an A hull Independence would only have a 4 minute waiting time, BUT the Midway would have a 7-10 minute waiting time since it holds so many aircraft.

Edited by HBZK100

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Nah:fishpalm:

Even with the buffs . A good cv player can sink any ship

Roon and Zao have good AA but still , 2 tier lower cvs sunked me

Torps from left , righ , front

Dodge that if you can

While the Amagi can't shoot down 5 planes from a Ranger with 77 AA rating

No thanks . they are good as they are

Edited by PrinzMakaay

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

Since AA has gotten a buff, plus with how lethal AA is at higher tiers, why can't we have a unlimited hangar capasity? I have a few ideas on how to not make it OP aswell.

The player will still have the same number of aircraft in their hangar, but once they run out of DBs, TBs, or fighters, they're will be a 5-7 minute wait before they get a fully reloaded hangar with that new group of new aircraft.

The length of the timer will depend on the hangar capasity.  For example, an A hull Independence would only have a 4 minute waiting time, BUT the Midway would have a 7-10 minute waiting time since it holds so many aircraft.

Problem: if you have unlimited planes is more convenient to let them get destroyed so you can launched a fully loaded squadron immediately after. That would be massive, especially at high tiers. Moreover the reward of shooting down planes would be less worth it, making the AA less valuable by the fact they would just help the CV and not harm it.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Problem: if you have unlimited planes is more convenient to let them get destroyed so you can launched a fully loaded squadron immediately after. That would be massive, especially at high tiers.

This is why they added a penalty cooldown if your whole squadron is destroyed. If I lose a whole squadron, the replacements are ready about the same time the surviving squadrons have come back and landed already. Sometimes if I'm striking at near targets, the replacement squadron isn't ready until after the surviving strikers have come back, rearmed, and taken off again.

It used to have no penalty and thus was more beneficial to just sacrifice the squadron, but no longer.

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

This is why they added a penalty cooldown if your whole squadron is destroyed. If I lose a whole squadron, the replacements are ready about the same time the surviving squadrons have come back and landed already. Sometimes if I'm striking at near targets, the replacement squadron isn't ready until after the surviving strikers have come back, rearmed, and taken off again.

It used to have no penalty and thus was more beneficial to just sacrifice the squadron, but no longer.

Oh, it's been a while since last time I've played CVs. I guess I have to pay more attention to what happens to the clickers :D

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
21,352 battles

Great idea....if unlimited DD's can launch 100+ torps from a ship that at most had one set in the tubes and one set of reloads then I see no problem with CV's having unlimited planes...maybe increase the cool down a bit when loading a new squad as compared to reloading and restocking an old one.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

maybe increase the cool down a bit when loading a new squad as compared to reloading and restocking an old one.

you mean

like there currently is

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Roon and Zao have good AA but still , 2 tier lower cvs sunked me

Torps from left , righ , front

Dodge that if you can

Courtesy of a certain kitty of the bad_arcade variety :trollface:

pZ4DCJt.png

Beta Testers
142 posts
2,387 battles

So this is your latest campaign on removing fighter loadouts... -1

Edited by Hopelesshobo

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Courtesy of a certain kitty of the bad_arcade variety :trollface:

pZ4DCJt.png

That works when he dose auto drop :D

I am not that pleb , he droped the torps with no space to turn

Not like the Roon and Zao turn on a dime tho :D

Edited by PrinzMakaay

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
21,352 battles

you mean

like there currently is

OK....more than there currently is...thought that was obvious...maybe the higher the tier the longer the reload...kinda like the 2 min reload for high tier DD torps..

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Oh, it's been a while since last time I've played CVs. I guess I have to pay more attention to what happens to the clickers :D

Clickers?  No, no, no...  I'll admit to absolutely hating CVs in matches where I get focused, but I also appreciate the skill it takes to be a good CV captain.  MUCH different than arty.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

Oh, so that means I'll be able to throw my planes into enemy AA without caring now.  Doesn't matter how many planes I lose or potential crew lost, I just throw them at the enemy AA for the hell of it.

Having a finite number of planes encourages people to be prudent with their planes, because that's how real-life carrier captains were.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

That works when he dose auto drop :D

I am not that pleb , he droped the torps with no space to turn

Not like the Roon and Zao turn on a dime tho :D

Lol, I didn't mean it in a 'how you should have avoided it' sense.

The situation described just reminded me of this amusing thread where that diagram originated.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
21,352 battles

Oh, so that means I'll be able to throw my planes into enemy AA without caring now.  Doesn't matter how many planes I lose or potential crew lost, I just throw them at the enemy AA for the hell of it.

Having a finite number of planes encourages people to be prudent with their planes, because that's how real-life carrier captains were.

Hmmm...real life huh? so DD's cant run out of torps...all ships cant run out of shells or AA defense but CV's can run out of planes?  yep that's real life alrighty

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Hmmm...real life huh? so DD's cant run out of torps...all ships cant run out of shells or AA defense but CV's can run out of planes?  yep that's real life alrighty

Everything else can have all guns and torp tubes destroyed.  Just like you get all your planes destroyed.

Members
354 posts
4,973 battles

ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES.

Seriously though, how are you running out of planes like this? Anything tier 6 or up is going to have to go out of their way to lose 100% of their planes over the course of the match. Even the Indy has enough planes that she should stay in the fight from start to finish.

Members
1,482 posts
2,386 battles

I hope everybody realizes that 4-10 minutes is A VERY VERY LONG time in a 20 minute game.  So balancing is going to be identical to the way it is now.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

Well, DD's need to have unlimited ammo or no one would play them.  Having one torpedo shot would just be plain frustrating if you missed.

Most ships, even destroyers, had enough shells to sustain them through the entire battle.  Each gun (not turret), had between 100-500 shells.  If we fire 400 shells (assuming it is a destroyer with 4 guns), we use 100 per gun.  

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

I hope everybody realizes that 4-10 minutes is A VERY VERY LONG time in a 20 minute game.  So balancing is going to be identical to the way it is now.

Yeah, especially since (unless the captain is a complete tosser) it's almost impossible to lose all your high tier planes in less than 10 minutes.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
21,352 battles

Everything else can have all guns and torp tubes destroyed.  Just like you get all your planes destroyed.

I don't recall ever losing all my guns or tubes on a ship (got close in the Atlanta a few times) and would most likely be almost dead by then anyway, but its easy to lose all planes at higher tiers no matter how much I care about the aircrews survival and conserving planes. And after you lose all your planes there's nothing to do but drive around and wait to get killed or maybe hide and try for a ram. I'm sure the carrier Captains at Midway would have liked to recall their torp squads that all got shot down before the dive bombers showed up but that was real life and this is just a game. I play DD's more than other classes so I really don't like planes but this is more about play balance....if I can spew unlimited torps the entire game then CV's should have a way to keep planes in the air. And if its so hard to run out of planes in 10 min at high tier then what does it matter if there is no limit to plane reloads? just adjust the reload times by tier just like torps.

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

I don't recall ever losing all my guns or tubes on a ship (got close in the Atlanta a few times) and would most likely be almost dead by then anyway,

I have lost all my guns on DD's many times, especially the Hatsuharu with the AA upgrade.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I don't recall ever losing all my guns or tubes on a ship (got close in the Atlanta a few times) and would most likely be almost dead by then anyway, but its easy to lose all planes at higher tiers no matter how much I care about the aircrews survival and conserving planes. And after you lose all your planes there's nothing to do but drive around and wait to get killed or maybe hide and try for a ram. I'm sure the carrier Captains at Midway would have liked to recall their torp squads that all got shot down before the dive bombers showed up but that was real life and this is just a game. I play DD's more than other classes so I really don't like planes but this is more about play balance....if I can spew unlimited torps the entire game then CV's should have a way to keep planes in the air. And if its so hard to run out of planes in 10 min at high tier then what does it matter if there is no limit to plane reloads? just adjust the reload times by tier just like torps.

You clearly haven't played many RU DDs lol.  Once you learn how to play them properly, it's not an issue.  However, it's almost a given if you try to fight at close range with them.  I've never gone past tier six CVs, but have maybe lost all my planes a couple of times.  Those times were 100% my fault (much like with the RU DDs) for doing something less than intelligent. 

[TACO]
Beta Testers
562 posts
10,610 battles

I've lost all three turrets on my IOWA before at half health (heals). Ognevoi is notorious for being a zero-boat gunboat suiciding with 4-km torpedoes after losing both turrets early in matches. I'm notoriously bad at getting my aircraft all shot down early, but I realize it's because I'm notoriously bad an make mistakes, not because CVs need unlimited aircraft.