Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Marcanbus_NA

With the new cruisers coming tommorow...

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,866 posts
6,950 battles

Do we know if there was any changes to them?

Any nerfs or buffs?

Is there still an NDA or can the supertester tell us what changed?

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

STers probably wouldn't know beyond very broad strokes of changes.

I'll datamine the detailed changes tomorrow.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,292 battles

Remember when German cruisers were first introduced and the first few day's matches going up the tech tree were just flooded with Dresdens and Hermelins?

Get ready for a repeat, Soviet-style.

Members
1,703 posts
9,002 battles

Remember when German cruisers were first introduced and the first few day's matches going up the tech tree were just flooded with Dresdens and Hermelins?

Yea all Queues are going to be pure Russian cruisers lol

Im just trying to figure out how thin their armor really is...  They say they are weak in terms of armor... How weak?  I was expecting Russian ships to be exactly opposite.

Edited by Amphibiouz

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,073 battles

ST would know what they tested. What the final product is at release, they may not know, as WG can do what they must.

You will see tomorrow.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,073 battles

It's always that way. We had Tirpitz only games, and RU DDs galore in all battles for a few days, and so on.

I plan to start slow and grind every tier this time (slowly), using Free XP only for equipment upgrades when I must, as some ships are bad when stock. I will play a few in the RU Cruiser, then a few more in the same tier with something else (all-classes), to learn to counter it. As I have a ship or more for every tier in port (from T1 to T9), I will be guaranteed to encounter them all as opponents, and allies, for a while. It'll be fun.

Note: Why do I mention T1 when they start at T2? Because you encounter T2 in T1. I only keep one T1 ship that I like, Orlan. I can cit anything at the tier with AP in Orlan, but the ones that give me the most trouble are Dresden and Emden. I want to see what Orlan can do to a Novik, and vice versa. It will definitely be long, fun, and a learning experience, for every tier.

Edited by alexf24

Members
261 posts
4,250 battles

mannnn im still on the Konigsberg

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I'm sure we will have RU Cruisers here, there and everywhere after the patch goes live (that is if the Server stays up).

RU Cruisers Sardine Schooling.

My Orlan Captain can finally transfer ship and the new guy start training for the eventual RU BB or CV

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,823 posts
26,906 battles

ST would know what they tested. What the final product is at release, they may not know, as WG can do what they must.

This. We know what we tested and since there was no NDA for the last part of testing we made many threads and rviews. However, things can change before they drop.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Time to load up my ARP Kongo and go hunting for those T3-5s...

Beta Testers
68 posts
8,650 battles

Great Idea!

I think I'll join you.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,245 posts
16,581 battles

Great Idea!

I think I'll join you.

Include me in too, lets make an ARP Kongou Squad.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Thought I'd grab an Orlan today and be ready for the Novik when it comes out.

Every match was 20 Orlans, unless it was a Tier 2 match, in which case it was only 18 Orlans lol.

Members
4,886 posts

Note: Why do I mention T1 when they start at T2?

they start at t1

orlan is considered a cruiser (albeit it's a some ww2 patrol boat, a paper one on top of that, it puzzles me how they chose paper shi[ps for t1 cruiser and t2 ru dd when they had a plenty of real ones to choose from... im especially mad about storojevoy, really, tsarist russia had a plenty of dd classes... ><)

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

orlan is considered a cruiser (albeit it's a some ww2 patrol boat, a paper one on top of that, it puzzles me how they chose paper shi[ps for t1 cruiser and t2 ru dd when they had a plenty of real ones to choose from... im especially mad about storojevoy, really, tsarist russia had a plenty of dd classes... ><)

Orlan is a gunboat design.  So what if it was never built?  Its armament satisfies T1 requirements just fine.  You need to stop complaining about paper ships being chosen: the top tiers as a whole would be very different if not outright incomplete if there weren't any.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Might have to bust the New York and the Arkansas Beta out and have a little fun.

Could also be a good time to level the Langely.

Members
4,886 posts

Orlan is a gunboat design.  So what if it was never built?  Its armament satisfies T1 requirements just fine.  You need to stop complaining about paper ships being chosen: the top tiers as a whole would be very different if not outright incomplete if there weren't any.

that's ok to have paper ships when it's the only ship which fits the line, but it's not the situation with storozhevoy and orlan, they chose those to be paper for no real reason, and since we missed a chance to have an actual tsarist russian dd thanks to that decision it makes me sad

also another example of an arbitrary chosen paper ship it's nicholas... she is a cute ship but it's paper while they clearly could find an american dd to fit tier 5

phoenix is paper too but that paper is at least somehow justified...

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

also another example of an arbitrary chosen paper ship it's nicholas... she is a cute ship but it's paper while they clearly could find an american dd to fit tier 5

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.  The Farraguts were the first USN DDs built after the Clemsons ceased production.  If she's placed at T6, doesn't it stand that any following classes are unfit for T5?

Edited by TenguBlade

[-KIA-]
Members
5,245 posts
16,581 battles

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.  The Farraguts were the first USN DDs built after the Clemsons ceased production.  If she's placed at T6, doesn't it stand that any following classes are unfit for T5?

Nicholas was a purely fictional design, said by Wargaming themselves.  It takes elements from Clemson and Farragut and puts it into a balanced ship that fits Tier 5.  Same torpedo armament as Clemson but has the guns of Farragut.

What is this guy even saying...

Sign in to follow this