You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy_Thoughts

So, I think I'm done with randoms etc.

28 comments in this topic

[CONQR]
Beta Testers
895 posts
13,174 battles

Going to stick with nothing else but team battle.

tired of the...

1) people who cant fulfill their role and put the game on tilt

2) people who are toxic because of 1)

3) imba teams with poor distribution

4) lack of teamwork despite taking initial efforts to form teamplay

5) players who can't be saved for the likes of them (despite being in tier 8-10 bracket)

Sounds awfully like solo queue vs ranked teams complaining but yes, it's pretty close to that level but in a different medium

:v (I will still use randoms to grind but that's about it. I think I'm bored tired af of randoms (nearly 2k games not counting CBT).

Edited by Kancollewuzhere

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Seems to get worse every day doesn't it ?

and I fall into Number 2.. though when I get a chat ban, I seem to do better LoL.

I need an option to See chat, so I can react to those that need assistance,  but be able to block myself from actually typing LoL.

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Going to stick with nothing else but team battle.

tired of the...

1) people who cant fulfill their role and put the game on tilt

2) people who are toxic because of 1)

3) imba teams with poor distribution

4) lack of teamwork despite taking initial efforts to form teamplay

5) players who can't be saved for the likes of them (despite being in tier 8-10 bracket)

Sounds awfully like solo queue vs ranked teams complaining but yes, it's pretty close to that level but in a different medium

:v (I will still use randoms to grind but that's about it. I think I'm bored tired af of randoms (nearly 2k games not counting CBT).

Have to agree.  But look on the bright side; you're not stuck with Random.  With the amount of toxicity I spew here and especially in-game, I'm surprised my karma rating was ever above 0, so no team battles for me...:hiding:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,644 battles

Can only say to myself, that sure was a bad team, but maybe the next one will be better!  And it usually is...because remember, when your team is horrible, players on the other team are happy, happy, happy, and it might be you next time!

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

Team battles might be OK if you actually have a Team.  I've discovered if you get picked up as a mercenary,  nobody will even acknowledge you in chat.  Maybe they're all on TS.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Players in game with no humans ask for more humans...Players in game with plenty humans ask for less humans...

...I'm at a loss of words...

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

I feel your pain. Just now, I couldn't get a cruiser player to shoot at a DD 8km away instead of a BB 14km away. You know how hard it is to beat a russian destroyer in a gun battle with a Hatsuharu? After killing the Ognevoi and a New York, I ran into another destroyer. Pinged the crap out of him... and the DD survived the entire match. R.I.P. My Spine.

Members
29 posts
5,009 battles

Team battles might be OK if you actually have a Team.  I've discovered if you get picked up as a mercenary,  nobody will even acknowledge you in chat.  Maybe they're all on TS.

So the actual issue there, is that when one is actively part of a Team, there is one chat open; the team chat. When a Merc joins a team, a second chat window becomes available, for "team + merc". If no one pays attention to it, it's easily missed.

Members
86 posts
1,521 battles

Can only say to myself, that sure was a bad team, but maybe the next one will be better!  And it usually is...because remember, when your team is horrible, players on the other team are happy, happy, happy, and it might be you next time!

No, we aren't.

Imbalanced matches punish good players in both directions.  If you are a good player on a bad team, it means that even if you do well, you probably can't carry.   Because of the way WG composes matches, I've got more 'Kraken's Unleashed' and 'Confederates' in losing matches than I do in winning ones.  This is very frustrating, because you are trying to win and your whole team is doing everything they can to lose.  So many times I see players making decisions that are indistinguishable from deliberately throwing the matches - trying to chase carriers into corners in slow ships, charging bb's in cruisers while abandoning their own BB's to face DD's solo, driving into corners from which they can threaten neither the cap nor defend their own base, achieving numerical advantage and then deliberately splitting up and spreading out around the map, driving off in long 'flanking actions' and so forth.

But the matches where my team is the better team are no better, since the team we are facing is typically all blacks and reds and that one lone blue or purple who is taking it on the nose, what happens is that the rout is on all across the map from the moment the match begins.  Since the enemy is unbelievably incompetent, the more directly and aggressively you YOLO in, the better you do.  Slower ships may barely get a chance to engage a target so rapidly does the other team melt under fire, and in general everyone with a fast ship divides up the spoils more or less equally.  It's a roll-over, and whoever does the best is almost random, since everyone does well.  This isn't particularly fun either.

No, the MM is - like it or not - tuned to support the play needs of slightly bad not quite competent players.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Constantly losing regardless of how I play is getting boring, frustrating and tedious....

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Constantly losing regardless of how I play is getting boring, frustrating and tedious....

A healthy dose of PvE helps a lot against that too... even tho the XP is laughable by comparison.

I'm about 50-50, but mainly because I play Mikasa like a madman and only in PvE because her secondaries suck too much for PvP.

It's fun to relax every now and then =)

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Thanks for the post guys, makes me feel not so alone. I had a day just like this yesterday. Sported a 25% WR over my first 4 matches and just said forget it for the day. No matter what, the 3 failure squads I was a part of couldn't put it together for a FIGHT never mind a win. Had one 3 point Capture map finish in under 5 (FIVE) minutes, THAT bad.

I've begun playing Cruiser a bit more out of necessity, just getting hung out to dry by my team much too often lately playing Destroyer. I'll spot, move, sniff out the OPFOR DD, draw fire, ect... Here's the kicker though... Team holds fire. Team skirts edge of their possible range. No one is opening their guns on the spotted targets.... And not because I'm too far ahead either, I'd understand if that were the case!

It seems like people are constantly waiting for that "perfect" moment in this game. I'd better hold fire for a broadside.... Better hold fire for the kill shot.... Better hold fire for a Critadel.... All that hesitation leads to missed opportunities. When you are firing on a target you make them worry about their survival more than they want you to die generally. You have to create the chaos that allows the DD to work in the 5-8km "Magic" zone, keep the enemy moving (cause this makes their guns move too) so your Cruisers aren't citadel bait under 15km, fire on the DDs ASAP, get it so they can't bring guns on you and your mates. Even if you know you probably aren't going to hit them. Force them to consider reaction at a minimum. Sailing in a straight line where they aren't a threat to you probably means you also aren't a threat to them, so you are exerting ZERO influence on the battle, see where I'm coming from?

I find the most success comes when your side gets guns on their ships, fire, get the other side scrambling. If they are being forced to move due to coming under fire, they expose the juicy citadels all the BBs crave, choke points get forced for the torps, incoming fire means they aren't aiming, or reacting as quickly to torps in the water... ect. These are the same things everyone is "waiting" for, except you need to create the situation to have those things happen in any sort of reliable way. If all the hesitation in game resulted in good decision making, I'd be ok with it. Unfortunately it usually leads to a lone wolf cruiser that gets cannibalized 3v1 on a flank somewhere, couple of Kamikaze DD runs, 1 afk dude, 2 BBros circling the spawn 25+km out, and then the sorry lot left to ride the rim as the toilet flushes. 

So yeah, not feelin the MM love. lol

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I gave up Random for much the same reasons.

Too much toxicity from the "rear" admirals, and "play it MY way or else!" types.

Too many one sided matches.

too many trolls, TKers, and their ilk.

too many "like trying to herd cats" matches...

And last but not least: Too many fragile egos!  "OOOH you bumped my ship- I'm gonna Kill you!!!"

I'd also add the bad taste left in my mouth by the designation of anyone newish or not particularly skilled, or simply a casual player as a "Seal".  And the constant bragging about seal clubbing, like it's some fantastic sport.  The seemingly wide spread bad attitudes on the forums ( most likely just a loud minority though), made me question whether I really wanted to play with these people.

Yeah, the rewards are lacking a bit in Co-op, but at least I can have fun, and the people who play there are generally much easier to get along with.   WG has sent the bots to school, lately- they aren't nearly the push overs they used to be!  The journey to tier 6, with that massive jump in req xp, is gonna be a loonnnggg one, though.  (at least I'll have plenty of time to learn my ship, though, right?)  If someone wants to bot it out, and do nothing- hey- just more chances to earn for the rest of us.

I'd be willing to try team play if anyone is interested in a co-op warrior, lol.  ( I can take direction and follow a plan- honest!)

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles

I don't like cancer for team players. It derps, makes an easy kill of itself, then complains about something.

I set the example for teamwork by saying where I'm going. 90% of the time nobody replies. I've had a few deaths because my teammates panic and scatter after being shot at, so I end up alone and an semi-easy kill because I cannot escape.

Even raging at them for sucking hard doesn't do anything. I did a few matches in my NC and Mogami yesterday with another good player that ran Izumo, and we kept getting cancer teams. We both said forget it, too many baddies in MM.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

random at higher tier is very much hit or miss.      I did prefer ranked for quality and probably will try team even though it is limited to t6. 

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

I don't really consider myself a troll, and I don't really consider myself toxic-though both of course are probably very debatable. 

I am, however strongly opinionated, and I am not afraid to admit that I will report a ship that has been immobile for more then 5 minutes as a bot(since there is no "report afk" option) or abandon a teammate who is playing poorly enough where I know I can't rely on them to survive or support me. 

This seems to rustle people's jimmies a bit a lot...

Edited by KTcraft

Members
94 posts
5,052 battles

I got the full spectrum player troll about two days ago.  A good player (got Kraken with Myoko) thought I (in Aoba) was responsible for the fall of the western side of the map apparently.  He alluded to previously complaining about this in his obscene messages to me. 

I did not read the chat at first because I had spawned in the N_EAST_  in a small group of ships while our carrier was in the top NW with our main force and our cap in the central NW.  So I angled SW once I saw what was going on and tried to full speed kite the superior force rushing up North from the SE.  I was too busy dodging and shooting backwards to read messages for a couple minutes until I could turn back at the eastern edge of the cap and sink a BB with torps in addition to doing heavy damage to a few ships which had rushed from the SE. 

Upon seeing me turn back to the East, TK (let's call him) SHOOTS TORPEDOES AT ME, TWICE.  But for dodging he would have TKed me each time.  Then I noticed his nerd rage in the chat.  Though I spawned in the far East, I was personally responsible for the fall of the West.   Because reasons I guess.  I assume he thought my kiting a superior force to the West (to cover our CV and cap and survive to fight into the middle and end game) and turning back towards the East was running from the West. 

In case all of that is unclear, I started as far from the West as was possible.  TK was too focused on shooting (well admittedly) to even know which spawn I came from.    

But that was not all.  Later, it was my fault for not protecting our cap at the end of the game, despite me being the only one up there to do it thanks to his side letting a DD through to kill our CV and trying to cap the Red Team base too early and unsuccessfully.   So I hunted the DD despite no help and no scouting from planes while TK ineffectually tried to cap their base.  The entire time TK is trying to cap, knowing it can't work, he's spewing obscene venom at me while I'm dodging torps from an unscouted DD and trying to get a firing angle at the invisible enemy in our cap.  

Yep, it's all my fault, despite being the second highest scorer, surviving the game, and being the only person protecting our cap and eastern flank in the middle and end game.  Good grief. 

If you ever find yourself shooting long cooldown torps, a valuable asset, at friendly ships, time to take a break.     

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

One of the reasons I like playing DDs so much is that you are not reliant on team tactics as much as you are in the other classes.

I still work with the team to obtain team goals like capping or controlling areas but I am fully autonomous and can survive and still deal damage if the team decide to derp or retreat at the first sight of the enemy.

I've lost count of the times in a BB that we pick a course of action and engage only to find that my team mates have turned and run leaving me and worse yet an entire flank unguarded.

Members
322 posts
2,310 battles

I'm no guru at this game, and this is just my opinion, but I feel the keys to a win are good decision making and good combat skills.

Good decision making means knowing where to go, knowing where you can influence the battle the most. Know which ships are priority targets. It seems like randoms like to go after the first ship that shows up on their minimap, regardless of how big a threat it is. Yes, it may be nice to get lucky and have an enemy BB be AFK at the back of the map, waiting for you to get some free damage out of him, but what about those two DD's rushing towards your cap. Those DD's should be taken out first.

Good combat skills means dealing damage while minimizing the damage you take. Regardless of what ship you're in, make your shots count. Learn how to pen. Someone who constantly misses is no different than someone who doesn't fire at all and let's the enemy kill him. The longer it takes for someone to kill an enemy ship, the more havok that ship can cause to your team. Also, learn how to dodge. All too often, I see people making a poor effort to dodge enemy shots and losing winnable encounters.

Beta Testers
624 posts
2,097 battles

So you're tired of matchmaking... Then you wanna play TB so you can bring a team of 7 against teams of 4 LFG players and 3 mercenaries all the time?

'Cause that's honestly how TB matchmaking feels right now.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Heh. Random is very frustrating at the moment. I don't see the toxicity level as high, but it is frustrating telling people not to do something because they will lose the game, seeing them do it, and then losing. 

Been deleted 3 times by sky cancer today too before I even fired my second salvo, very frustrating. IMHO the return of CVs is deteriorating gameplay,  reducing everyone's damage, and reducing the effect individual players have on the game. Incompetent CV players blew several games this weekend for teams I was on. Just sucks. I've been playing lower tier and Co-op more and more, to avoid CVs. Might fire up the old Umikaze again.....

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

agree that cv can have imbalancing effect.   2cv per side typically  makes it worse.  its a crapshoot if you nave a decent or bad cv drivwr

Edited by centarina