Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BloodyGost

Gremyashchy paper turrets

9 comments in this topic

Members
1 post

Gremyashchy is a great ship but almost every single battle i end up loosing at least 1 turret or even more and most of the the time the first hit is a critical 

shot-15.11.11_02.02.22-0915.jpg

shot-15.11.11_02.02.22-0915.jpg

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

Its a problem with the whole line.  Look at the bright side though, the shell alpha damage reduction and reduced chance of fire doesn't matter anymore, if your guns are knocked out.

Edited by steelreserv

[KTAS]
Alpha Tester
560 posts
2,153 battles

It's a Destroyer. Not designed to slug fight.

It's a hit and run harassment ship.

All Destroyers are. 

That's why I die in mine so often.

I stand and fight - mistake.

Members
12 posts
1,143 battles

Be glad you have 4 separate turrets, and smaller profile for the turrets? Ognevoi loses turret just as frequently, if not more so, with the larger turret profile; not considering that each turret houses half the ognevoi's firepower. If you consider how much better the gremy's torps are, it really isnt that much a gimp losing a turret or two.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

I'm not saying this is the only reason you're experiencing an issue, but every time a gunhouse is over-penetrated by an AP shell, it will be destroyed. The more often you surprise a battleship when it's got AP shells loaded up, the more likely you are to sacrifice turrets instead of taking heavy damage from HE.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,414 battles

RU DDs. Gnevni is just as bad and Ognevoi is worse.

I do not lose so often with Kiev, and I do lose a turret sometimes with Anshan (another Gnevni-class ship) but not as often as I did when I had Gnevni. I don't have Gremy but I am not surprised.

Edited by alexf24

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

RU DDs. Gnevni is just as bad and Ognevoi is worse.

I do not lose so often with Kiev, and I do lose a turret sometimes with Anshan (another Gnevni-class ship) but not as often as I did when I had Gnevni. I don't have Gremy but I am not surprised.

The Gremlin's turrets traverse slower. I don't know if the game actually considers the direction from which an HE explosion hits the gunhouse, but given that those turrets are only armoured on three of their four faces (IIRC) suggests that the slow traverse could get them disabled from the back more often than happens to faster-traversing VMF destroyer turrets. Assuming that the game engine does consider armour facing when computing HE damage to a turret, it would be safer to have an exposed gun than a backwards-facing gunhouse, given the shell trap they are from behind.

Ognevoi and Kiev, meanwhile, sport 360° coverage turrets with much better angling (they're basically cylinders).

Edited by Special_Kay

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,639 battles

Meh.  All DD's have paper turrets. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sign in to follow this