Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shootieboats

Smoke bugs with the new patch. OH GOD IT BURNS

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,726 posts
14,940 battles

So...yea. I was one of those people who always has issues with smoke and smokestacks looking wrong back a few months ago. But 0.5.3 takes the cake. Does anyone else get....well...this?

lhH5gwQ.jpgQJUz39C.jpg

It works and functions fine once it's laid, but when people are dropping it, it sees a biiiiiiiiit different than it ought to. Also, I'm sometimes getting weird black fluzzy block textures blocking out the ships when ships are taking a ton of fire and have a lot of splashes around them. I didn't take any screenshots of that, but I'll try to remember if it happens today. Only using crosshair, a better looking throttle, and the turquoise torpedo wake(I have a feeling this might be par of the issue with the splashes around ships), all from Aslains.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that I've always had weird smoke texture issues on and off with various patches, long before I ever started using mods. This is just the coolest looking version of it being all messed up. Usually when it goes wrong, it just gets super blocky and looks like the Minecraft version of smoke. And it doesn't always lay down as fire. It's maybe a 60-40 split of normal smoke trail to FIRE FROM THE GODS!

Edited by dngrcnnn
  • Cool 2

Members
1,726 posts
14,940 battles

your mods are your mods, but if you have a replay - you can selectively remove some mods and see what changes

when you play the replay

It doesn't always do it is the thing. I'd say 60% of the smokes lay normally, and 40% look like that. And I can't imagine it's the crosshair or the throttle messing it up. I'm taking the different colored torp wake off today to see if that fixes the water splash issues, but wouldn't think that has much to do with the smoke.

It doesn't really bother me, and I've had on and off issues with smoke textures being wonky since I've started, mods or no, this is just the most interesting iteration of it so far. Also, it only looks like that for my team laying smoke. Enemy smoke lays normally.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Are you using the mod that makes the smoke border more visible?

Members
1,726 posts
14,940 battles

Are you using the mod that makes the smoke border more visible?

Nope, I never used that one. Just a crosshair, OTM(which I guess isn't really a mod anymore since you can just enable it in options), and a throttle control that isn't made for blind people. And tracers, but tracers have never broken anything afaik. Was really just curious if anyone else is getting this. I guess I'm the lucky one.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

The only reason I see this happening is that the game is reading the wrong particle file or section of a particle file hence the flame, or your SFX file is calling the wrong particle source.

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

I kinda want that, that looks awesome.

You're a Sea Dragon!

[B_O_W]
Members
432 posts
6,818 battles

I have never seen that before, thankfully.

I would reinstall the game clean (delete your warships folder after you uninstall, before you reinstall).

Edited by DocVulcan

Sign in to follow this