You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KILLGGORE

WoWs Tier 11-15

WoWs from Tier 10 to 15?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would like to see tiers 11-15 put in the game eventually?

• yes
    • no

27 comments in this topic

[BCS]
Members
10 posts
3,393 battles

I would like to see new tiers put in the game at some point!  You have T10 ships that are mostly post WWII design.  Why not add cold war into modern times?

My suggestion: t11 Korean war era, t12 early 1960's technology, t13 Vietnam era, t14 Early 80's late cold war era, t15 modern era.

Make the maps larger so to implement jet aircraft.  Add advanced targeting menu's for guided missle cruisers and destroyers.  Add jet carrier aircraft and interception AA technology.

This game is great, the only thing I can imagine is making it better and bringing it into our time!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

this would need a new game. BBs are gone, subs play a much larger role, and guns are replaced with missiles.

not saying it wouldnt be cool, but like i said a whole new game. also, the pace of innovation and change was so fast that you could easily fill 10 more tiers, half just in the 50s and 60s.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

You'd have to have a credit card slot mounted to the side of your screen to pay for repairs.....:trollface:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 5

[RUSHR]
Members
134 posts
2,027 battles

No.

The game is Is centered on the WW era-times. To expand this game into mixing new, with old -- would horrendously break balance for those old-end ships that would be incapable of fighting newer, more high-tech ships. It just wouldn't happen -- Wargaming wouldn't do it, and has refused numerous times in World of tanks for introducing newer-age tanks for this reason.

It just won't happen in this game. Possibly, in another? But not in Warships. I'm not trying to be rude, but i'm only explaining what players who have been here for a long time already know.

There won't be submarines.

There won't be high-tech, new-age ships.

Maps will most likely be restricted to certain sizes, as humongous maps would be impossible to manage for healthy gameplay due to time-based restrictions for matches -- It'd be miserable for slow, immobile battleships to make it halfway across the map and take 10 minutes to actually enter combat.

Tier ten is end-tier gameplay, and it won't pass Tier ten. It's just Wargamings max-tier for their games.

Doesn't mean another game may actually consider something like that.

0 posts

If such a thing was added, tiers 11 to 15 would be have separated in their own little matchmaker, and would have to involve a reworking of game mechanics just for those modes.

Honestly, a completely separate game would work better and would allow for a full 10 tiers. 

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,187 battles

Yeah at tier 15 I can hear the Zumnwalt DD players whining about how their good concealment rating doesn't matter as Gerard Ford supercarrier players can spot the entire map every few minutes due to squads of JSFs going at a couple thousand km/h in all directions and out right sink them.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

No.

NO.

NOOOOO!

Can you imagine the GRIND? The MATCHMAKING?

NO!

You'd have to have a credit card slot mounted to the side of your screen to pay for repairs.....:trollface:

I died laughing :teethhappy: but true though

Members
4 posts
3,668 battles

What if our current tier 10 ships became tier 15 and we had far much more room for expansion and ship classes.  I'm crazy about naval warfare but I feel each navy is being cheated in classes of ships, so like WOT, why not give us deeper and more options on the tech trees?

[BCS]
Members
10 posts
3,393 battles

Well I thought it was a good idea.  Guess nobody else does.  Nevermind it being new technology and therefore it "would be easy" to do this or that like some of you are saying.  For instance the ships in the game now had technology to destroy others they could not even see with binoculars.  So the game is already dumbed down to make it fun so therefore I dont know why everyone thinks it would be some crazy idea.

As for a grind/money pit, what else you going to do?  Gamers spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on computer gear every few months, these games are why.  If you enjoy them, you support them and thier longevity.  If you dont want to play (grind some call it) then stop at tier5 and go play World of Warcraft and waste your money there.

[BCS]
Members
10 posts
3,393 battles

Yeah at tier 15 I can hear the Zumnwalt DD players whining about how their good concealment rating doesn't matter as Gerard Ford supercarrier players can spot the entire map every few minutes due to squads of JSFs going at a couple thousand km/h in all directions and out right sink them.

Like their wont be air defense on their own side to counter that threat...  Not to mention the defense of that ship in itself is pretty formidable...

[BCS]
Members
10 posts
3,393 battles

This game has a ww base. Can't simple put Yamato in a mid-tier.

Why not?  It was destroyed anyway before it got to fight.  Yamato and Musashi (Some mystical wonder weapons they were...) were out down like the dogs they were.  Neither of them were worthy of fighting at the time they were put to sea.  Maybe 10 years before they would have been magical Unicorns of unending domination...  There is a renewed vigor in Americans and Japanese that their ships were some kind of gift to humanity because of Anime and fantasy.  Fact is fact, they were sank by some bombs, easy enough...

Most of these ships in the game were never involved in any large ship vs. ship battles.  Alot of them are paper ships.  Isnt it already fantasy?

Edited by KILLGGORE
  • Cool 1

[BCS]
Members
10 posts
3,393 battles

No.

NO.

NOOOOO!

Can you imagine the GRIND? The MATCHMAKING?

NO!

I died laughing :teethhappy: but true though

Yeah, sounds like games you play are a constant threat to something else you would rather be doing.  If playing a game is a "grind", then I suggest taking the thorn out of your side and giving up at tier 3 or whatever you feel is starting to grind on your gaming soul...

Anything you enjoy should not end up like feeling like work or some unnecessary part of having fun.  Maybe you would enjoy cell phone games as they are tailored to people who have the attention span of a 8 year old...  No offense but your statement makes you sound like wiping your rear end and getting your booger picking finger soiled is a grind and you rather be doing something else.  

Edited by KILLGGORE

[EGO]
[EGO]
Members
214 posts
13,392 battles

Tier ten is end-tier gameplay, and it won't pass Tier ten. It's just Wargamings max-tier for their games

U mean u haven't seen the tier XI sub in the game? 

[-K_P-]
Members
545 posts
3,883 battles

The Zumwalt players will have their hands full with DF-31s. Not to mention Seawolf class. And the Zumwalt players could probably spot the Gerald Ford players if the map is anywhere near reasonable size. The real question is who has the satellites and hackers. And the poor Arleigh Burke players who have to play ASAT cause the Zumwalt is not up to it. (Add in the land based F-16s and F-15s with conformal fuel packs and it could get really interesting. 

[TPV]
[TPV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
77 posts
1,947 battles

Forgetting all the game play changes that would need to be implemented for a moment, the biggest reason this won't happen is lack of information. Wargaming is already having trouble with some countries not wanting to reveal secrets and tech from WW2 and earlier *cough UK cough*. Now try to get information about more modern ships as to armor thickness and composition, weapon ranges, stealth characteristics, etc and I don't think many if anyone would be willing to cooperate. This would necessitate ships that are even more fantastic than the paper ships we already have and are getting. 

[-K_P-]
Members
545 posts
3,883 battles

Forgetting all the game play changes that would need to be implemented for a moment, the biggest reason this won't happen is lack of information. Wargaming is already having trouble with some countries not wanting to reveal secrets and tech from WW2 and earlier *cough UK cough*. Now try to get information about more modern ships as to armor thickness and composition, weapon ranges, stealth characteristics, etc and I don't think many if anyone would be willing to cooperate. This would necessitate ships that are even more fantastic than the paper ships we already have and are getting. 

On most if not all modern warships, there are fairly reliable stats on wikipedia. There are also videos of performance tests and the like. Also, there are many papers written on the capabilities on said ships.

Members
95 posts
688 battles

There is also the problem with the map size: most of the maps are designed for guns, not missiles. Electronic radars would be active at all times and two ships could both find and destroy each other over the lengths of more than two existing maps. As well as that, cruise missiles limit the effectiveness of carriers but then the lack of guns would prove problematic in close quarters.  I'd suggest adding the 11th tier of ships from 1944-1948, using a combination of guns and missiles. Maybe not as long range, just fourteen or fifteen kilometers and only for AA. Also, adding ships from different time periods may help balance the system. I'd rather see the Nevada, Alaska, and Brooklyn class ships than Ticonderoga, Nimitz, or Zumwalt ships. Add one more tier with 1950s tech, see how people like it, and if they do, add more if they do. It would be a lot of work to create the bigger maps with different ships and their newer technology, so I don't think that we will see any ships after 1960 at the latest. I would like to see the Forrestal, but am not sure how the secondaries would fare, maybe we would need to add some mk32 38cal 5 inches in a 4x2 config like on the Essex and Lexington, along with four or five missile launchers. Oh, and I'd also like to see those H class massive German battleships at tier 11, maybe with 12 495mm guns and 4x4 torpedo tubes.

H class (Richard Allison).pngDesign A-150.jpgUSS Nevada

H-43                                                                            Yapanese A-150, also known as "super Yamato"        Nevada class

220px-USS_Forrestal_%28CVA-59%29%2C_starboard_view%2C_1955.jpgUSS AlaskaIJN Heavy Cruiser Takao.jpg220px-USS_Long_Beach_%28CGN-9%29_firing_a_Terrier_missile_in_October_1961_%28KN-6935%29.jpg

Forestall class aircraft carrier           Alaska class battleships                                                             Takao class heavy cruiser                                             Long beach class missile cruiser

Also, I do think that some ships should just be buffed and left at tier 11, like here would be a conversion for the American Montana :

Armament: 4x3 461 cal naval gun, 98M dispersion, faster turning time than current, 3 shots a min, 32.5 km range would suit well, as well as high damage shells (>10k damage)

Secondaries:  2x3 203mm guns, ap shells, 6 shots a minute + 3x2 155mm guns, he shells, 7.5 shots a minute + 7x2 of the standard 5-inch dual purpose mounts on high tier battleships

AA: enough that you can shoot down a dedicated air strike, but not enough to defend anyone but yourself well.

Torps: 4x4 torps like the one mahan. 

armor: improved

Missles: one twin terrier per side. 

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

Have you ever played a game called Harpoon on your PC or as a boardgame?

Launch your missiles from 30km and hope that you saturate the defense of the other fleet. Why you think modern warships have nearly no armor? The only role of DD would be add something to the fleet AA or do some Aweful Slow Warfare,

If you want to get an idea about T13+ battles read "Red Storm Raising"

And yes, no more BB, only USN fleet carriers, nasty VMF missle cruisers and subs.

Oh and yes, radar is even more OP, please nerf more. Especially if you have a E-2 Hawkeye.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

There needs to be something past tier 10, currently sitting at tier 9 and thinking to myself....this is all I have to look forward to (tier 10), its kinda like the guy who has lived to be 100 and has been everywhere, done everything, seen all there is to see and all he has left to look forward to is death....there has to be something more, something worth going on for.

Members
2,424 posts
38,336 battles

Yea at tier 15 the Chicoms saturate the entire enemy fleet with 500 independently targeted ballistic missiles.  Game over.