You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

So how big of a hit our cruiser fleet take?

38 comments in this topic

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

So now that the update has been implemented how do our cruiser captains feel that it has affected there performance?

Has it really impacted you badly or do you feel that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would affect you?

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

I now feel that my Des Moines can actually be good at what it is supposed to be good at, being a floating no fly zone.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

It won't really affect anyone at all unless they're the ones who used 155s on the Mogami.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

I now feel that my Des Moines can actually be good at what it is supposed to be good at, being a floating no fly zone.

all zones are no fly zones when there arent any CVs

Beta Testers
611 posts
2,887 battles

It won't really affect anyone at all unless they're the ones who used 155s on the Mogami.

More than that, those captains also had to have the affected captain skills on the 155s with their mogami....

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

so they didn't just make the aa rating better?  you're aa actually does perform better? 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

More than that, those captains also had to have the affected captain skills on the 155s with their mogami....

WG is giving free respecs i thought?

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

it has those????:teethhappy:

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

There isnt enough carriers atm to even tell. And whos dumb enough to attack a moines when any other ship is alive.

[DRACS]
Members, In AlfaTesters
298 posts
1,395 battles

so they didn't just make the aa rating better?  you're aa actually does perform better? 

you will notice it when in groups, planes will drop from the sky. Going off solo is still a bad idea and don't expect the changes to save you if you do. 

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

Did someone mention the Mogami?

I only take the Cleveland out for missions so I don't care for her.

The Murmansk can't hit a mountain over her old max range.

Oh yes the Marblehead. She need a buff. But then again she is a mission/retraining ship and she worked for me every time I used a captain that didn't had AFT.

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

There isnt enough carriers atm to even tell. And whos dumb enough to attack a moines when any other ship is alive.

Pre patch, Des moines AA was nothing more than a bad joke. Against T10 planes a DM was lucky to kill two planes before they dropped, even with defensive fire active and full AA spec.

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

The only ship I actively played that would be impacted was the Mogami but I got to within 15k'ish XP from the Ibukie.  So I will just free XP the remaining bit and retire the Mogami.  Otherwise the changes have little impact upon my CA activity.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Im glad cruisers got nerfed. Maybe now they wont feel like yolo'n in a cruiser pack while leaving the BBs they are supposed to support in the dust to get torped.

Now you can get torped directly, no cruisers in the way at all...:teethhappy:
  • Cool 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

Now you can get torped directly, no cruisers in the way at all...:teethhappy:

Haha very funny.  On the other hand there is a lot of ppl that would argue that was already the case before the update ;)

[CNK]
Members
454 posts
6,836 battles

You're not going to notice much of a difference unless you had AFT equipped on a light cruiser. And AA apparently got a huge buff, so.....

Edited by slags83

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Only made the fire hose ships get a bit closer to the danger zone to use their fire hose. Other than that, no real effect. Cleveland is still an effective BB roaster. Murmansk is still an effective cruiser murderer. Mogami should have been played with the 203s all along, so it was completely unaffected by the AFT nerf. 

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Pre patch, Des moines AA was nothing more than a bad joke. Against T10 planes a DM was lucky to kill two planes before they dropped, even with defensive fire active and full AA spec.

I out did a fighter fit US carrier in plane kills with my Myoko earlier. And myoko is not known for AA... I would say AA got a massive buff. of course the poor carrier that wanted me dead kept coming back to attack as soon as my defensive fire cooldown was done, and i kept clearing the sky of his pesky ineffective dive bombers with it. lol

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Haha very funny.  On the other hand there is a lot of ppl that would argue that was already the case before the update ;)

Isn't that true of every class?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
3,832 battles

Iwaki back down to a pathetic 10.2km range :(