Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigEaZyE156

Shimakaze Help

3 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1 post
1,783 battles

So... I know everyone else in this game seems to use the Shimakaze as the DD to end all DDs, but I can't get the hang of it so far. Like... most games it's just a 'click to lose 200,000 credits' 

I only have a few games in her so far, free xp'd most of Kagero after giving it a try and hating it. I do well in Fubuki, generally I have games where I wreck everything or I've had an unlucky run in with a cruiser on a blind corner and get taken out early, but those are few and far between.

Shim... I accomplish almost nothing. Everyone seems completely aware and will easily dodge my torps in most of the games, and otherwise I seem to be let down by team mates for not pulling enough weight to allow me to contribute. The reload is tough with some teams. Likewise, trying to spot and stealth cap during reloads has frequently ended in teammates sitting right behind me as cover and I get hit by torps meant for them.

What am I missing? I know tier ten will have more experienced players in higher numbers, but the gap between my effectiveness in Fubuki vs Shimakaze is huge.

Tips appreciated.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Torps have a wider spread then the Fubu and Kagero and people can dodge them easy and i lost just 1 game credits, the rest i made minimum of 100k , in the second game when 2 Balti gangbanged me cause the cv was spotting

Listen to what KMS said , Stay back and undetected and spam torps that is Shima life

Edited by PrinzMakaay

Sign in to follow this