Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DasBootcamp

Kamikaze R Shop Price

9 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

As someone who was basically foolish enough at this point to have bought the Fujin, can someone please explain to me what is up with how much the Kamikaze costs? I made sure to collect all the pearls and earn mine for free, but the bundles in the shop are way better than Fujin's were and around $10 cheaper as well. This wouldn't bother me as much if the ship literally wasn't re-skinned, where the Fujin camo didn't even work for a few months the way it was intended.

I know I might get some flak for talking about something I got for free now, but the Fujin was not free at all and now it's just another premium with no game play uniqueness. If there is even a chance it might go on sale again during the next Halloween event that would make it even more of a weenie. It comes down to being a $35 skin that didn't give benefits or work for months. All in all, I am just wondering why bundles are so inconsistent and why premium ships are no longer "unique" as they were and if this trend is going to continue.

Edited by GG_Bootcamp

[_XXX_]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts

and on top of it the Ashan (tier 6) is $2 cheaper then the Kami (tier 5) with the same bundle :amazed:

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

Their pricing for ships in general is pretty much just "insert random number over $10 here" at this point. I have zero problem supporting a game I like, but the re-skins are getting absurd.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,618 posts

WG is a business. Can't blame Fujin owners for being a bit irritated, but WG likes to make money, and they found a new price point for it.

You can assume that many new premium's will follow the same mold. Re-camoed premiums that were still considered rare, (and still technically still are :teethhappy:)

Doesn't get much cheaper or easier than to re-camo an existing ship, no balancing involved, no ship design....Throw it in the shop at a cheaper price and get the masses to buy it....win,win.

Looking forward to a reasonably priced Derpitz flying the US flag....:coin:

Edited by awiggin

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,082 battles

It's a challenge ship, I think it deserves its price.

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
10,245 battles

I am sorry , I understand, But it seems this is a

"That was then and this is now" situation

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,956 posts
11,393 battles

Fujin players shouldn't feel disappointed.  They got the contents of their bundle as paid for.  They also have what will likely be a rare paint scheme in the future.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

so far, all 3  of my games in kami has been derpy  XD.      I much prefer to hunt them in murmansk at the moment.  :)    one thing I am finding is that    mutsuki just feel more agile.    kami just doesn't turn well.  I guess rudder mod does help quite a bit.   still sitting on the fence about what to do with mutsuki.  keep it or sell it 

[LOD]
Members
117 posts

I bought a Fujin, no regrets, I grinded 300 pearls, no regrets... Just hit 500k Ship XP in my Fujin, not sure if I will get that far in the Kamikaze but I might...

Sign in to follow this