Panzerschiffer

[0.6.13.1] Historical Ensigns Contour Icons

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

123 posts in this topic

Oops.  Thanks for catching that.  The correct version is uploaded.

Not a problem; I really like the contour pack. Real clean, crisp lines, and the flags are nice, as well.

Just posting a suggestion

You could resize the US flag, so they would be about the same size of the other flags you have in the icons. but again, it just a suggestion

Not a problem; I really like the contour pack. Real clean, crisp lines, and the flags are nice, as well.

Thanks, man; I appreciate it.

Just posting a suggestion

You could resize the US flag, so they would be about the same size of the other flags you have in the icons. but again, it just a suggestion

Yeah, i was thinking about doing that, but they distort when resized, and at that small a size the distortions look really bad, the U. S. particularly so.  Besides, not all national ensigns are the same size and ratio.  I'll compile the different national dimensions at some point and see if any need to be corrected.  If so, I'll try to eliminate the distortions in Photoshop.

Yeah, i was thinking about doing that, but they distort when resized, and at that small a size the distortions look really bad, the U. S. particularly so.  Besides, not all national ensigns are the same size and ratio.  I'll compile the different national dimensions at some point and see if any need to be corrected.  If so, I'll try to eliminate the distortions in Photoshop.

whatever float your boat lol :P

It was just announced that the Profintern's name in-game will be Krasnyi Krim, so I updated the icon.

May I ask where you got this info from? If reliable, I'll have to change my mods too!

For when you update: Langley ingame is currently mispelled as "Lnagley".

Nt4CJNf.jpg

Edited by Kothra

The mod is updated and running on its own for 5.6.   Thanks go to Major Renegade, who is responsible for the new .xml and flash files.

Wargaming changed the ship_dead_icons for 5.6 from clear to a slightly opaque grey, so I'm in the midst of redoing my icons to incorporate the new ship profile icons.  They show up better on the grey background WG is now using in the Detailed Report screen.  The only icons currently grey are those for the Indianapolis and Lnagley Langley.  I hope to have the rest finished within a few days.  I'll post a notice when they're done.

Edited by Panzerleiter

More or less in time for 5.6.1, I finished changing the ship_dead_icons over to the new-look grey.

I also took the opportunity to do a bit more research into the ratios of various countries' naval ensigns with an eye towards remedying any mistakes, but verified that the current relative sizes of the ensigns portrayed in my icons are correct.  The Poles have the widest ratio at 2.1:1, followed by the Brits at 2:1.  The Red Chinese have the squarest.  Bottom line: The ensigns in my icons shall remain the same.

I added icons for the Arizona and Ashigara.  I also fixed the icons for the Molotov and both Kamikazes: When the developers changed the ship_dead_icons to grey, they forgot to change the icons for those ships, but they were fixed with the 5.7 test.

The mod works fine on the test server, so it should do so come the patch--unless Wargaming changes something.

Edited by Panzerleiter

I added icons for the Flint, Kaiser, nig Albert, and Scharnhorst, and the mod is working on its own for 5.8.0.

Edited by Panzerleiter

Thanks for the mod. Can I ask for a version without the flags? Too much colour and information which is not important.

Thanks for the mod. Can I ask for a version without the flags? Too much colour and information which is not important.

If I were to make a version without ensigns, it would sort of defeat a chief purpose of the mod, as well as vacate the meaning of the mod's title.  Besides, the ensigns help to identify more quickly which ships are in battle.

If you want a mod with no flags, Aslain's mod pack has a bunch of contour mods, some of which have no flags.  His pack is usually at the top of the Mods and Addons Section.

Edited by Panzerleiter

Wargaming switched the Latin-alphabet spelling of "красный" from "krasnyi" to "krasny" (closer to pronunciation anyway), so I changed the Krasny Krim icon.