Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sbcptnitro

5.3 update...

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
139 posts
13,838 battles

I have a question on this though. Will the increase in speed increase the detection range of the torps as well? If so there's too much downside to this until the end tier IJN line.

Though putting it on Zao's torps looks fun with 81 knots lol.

Members
2,709 posts
17,379 battles

According to Youtube vids out there showing what's currently on the test server, this isn't a "configurable skill". It's a captain's skill that simply adds 5 knots for a 20% reduction in range.

I would be interested in this for my Kagero (16km @ 73knts), but not for any other DD I have.

[INTEL]
Members
7,826 posts
39,040 battles

There is no word on what TA does to torpedo detection. All it says is it increases speed (5kt) with a reduction in range (20%).

This is usable on IJN DDs starting tat Mutsuki which gets the 10km torpedoes range down to 8km. Usable.

For USN DDs, I don't think I would consider this for anything below Fletcher. Even for Benson I would not use it (my current highest USN DD).

PL and RU DDs? Not usable as the range is already low and the torpedoes are secondary weapons anyway. SPend your skill-points elsewhere.

Edited by alexf24

[INTEL]
Members
7,826 posts
39,040 battles

Yeah no.  This is actually a nerf for IJN DD.

Im forced to pick between LS or Torp reload reduction.

I wouldn't call it a nerf, but as said, it is not worth it for anything below Mutsuki. LS is much more important.

In higher tiers (e.g. Fubuki+) with 15km+ range, you can spare 20% range reduction. LS is nice to have but not that important then as y9ou work off-concealment at that stage, and DDs are slow (Fubuki esp.). If you are caught in the open by a Gearing or a Khab, or a T8+ cruiser, you don't have the speed to escape even with full engines, so LS probably will not save you.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

also, you can't turn off the torpedo ACC  if you are sharing captains between premium and higher tier.   that  could be an issue  for some.

Sign in to follow this