Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aeries1

Propulsion Mod 2 vs Steering Gear Mod 2 Tiers 7+

8 comments in this topic

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles
I have put the steering gear mod on all my IJN DDs, but I am now considering using the propulsion mod.  I find myself doing to forward reverse island thing in ranked much more than usual and my thoughts are that my Hatsu rudder is quick as it is (removed I think will go back to 2.1 from 1.8) that quicker acceleration for that tactic and just getting out of dodge quicker if spotted might be more useful.  What's your thoughts?

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles

Once your rudder shift is that low I generally use the propulsion because an extra .3 seconds doesnt help much

​Pretty much what I was thinking as well.  That mod on BBs is a default and I usually put in on cruisers as well but I think the increase/decrease in acceleration would be a greater benefit, at least on IJN DDs, not sure about the other countries as I haven't played any of them yet

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
24,481 battles

​Pretty much what I was thinking as well.  That mod on BBs is a default and I usually put in on cruisers as well but I think the increase/decrease in acceleration would be a greater benefit, at least on IJN DDs, not sure about the other countries as I haven't played any of them yet

For DDs, you should be better off with the engine upgrade because you're altering speed and course a lot to evade fire.  The extra acceleration makes it easier to slow down to avoid shots; your shift time is so fast that 20% doesn't mean much.

[SYN]
Members
16,020 posts
12,803 battles

For DDs, you should be better off with the engine upgrade because you're altering speed and course a lot to evade fire.  The extra acceleration makes it easier to slow down to avoid shots; your shift time is so fast that 20% doesn't mean much.

I think this slightly depends on the DD, however.

the T7/8 IJN DDs have issues with turning and changing speed, so either one works and depends on player preference.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

fubuki has fast rudder except turning radius is big.     not going to waste 1 mil to change to engine though :P

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

I went rudder shift on all my DD, tried propulsion before and didn't really saw a different. Both choices aren't gonna be game changing.

Members
4,886 posts

Once your rudder shift is that low I generally use the propulsion because an extra .3 seconds doesnt help much

this

propulsion is very handy when you stop/slow down in the smoke and want to leave it asap then

Sign in to follow this