Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrainzO_O

Project R new player hunting missions

34 comments in this topic

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

J2sOB1G.jpg?1

wVUGLYp.jpg?1

I believe new players will have a hard time before people finish T2-T5 missions...

New players: How did I get killed? I had full hp one second before...

T0zHN2v.gif

[update]

In my T2 and T3 now... so many torps from behind... I forgot what I learnt before: never stay in front of any allied ships equipped with torps, the price: got killed by friendlies at least 4 times... almost done... almost...

Edited by BrainzO_O

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

At least they aren't repeatable missions. Plus it actually got me to scrape off the rust on my Diana, Emden, and Aurora.

I think it's ok for now as at least for tiers 2 and 3 HE spam is still alright and anyone can do it. It also gets players to play the low tiers, although I've got no clue on what the low tier population was just before the event hit.

I'll give it to you that tier 4 is probably the sweetspot for seal clubbing.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

It's not just new players.  You're facing veteran players too because of these missions.  So expect a rude awakening when an enemy cruiser launches AP when you show your side for a moment.

Members
2,680 posts
7,993 battles

I ran into a division of 3 people who I have run into regularly in higher tier matches.... I may have gotten kraken in my albany, but my team got wrecked by them.... High tier players shouldnt be incentivised to go back to T2 because its mostly people still learn

ing the ropes

[MAUS]
Members
13,705 posts

I've met some vets down at tiers 2 through 4.  I normally play tiers 4 through 7, sticking to my premiums.  It's been fun to lock horns with a couple of people I recognize on the forums. :honoring:

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

At least they aren't repeatable missions. Plus it actually got me to scrape off the rust on my Diana, Emden, and Aurora.

I think it's ok for now as at least for tiers 2 and 3 HE spam is still alright and anyone can do it. It also gets players to play the low tiers, although I've got no clue on what the low tier population was just before the event hit.

I'll give it to you that tier 4 is probably the sweetspot for seal clubbing.

I sold the Emden when I got it... Now I have to sell my farragut to get this kuma for the missions... will sell this kuma for st louis soon =_=

It's not just new players.  You're facing veteran players too because of these missions.  So expect a rude awakening when an enemy cruiser launches AP when you show your side for a moment.

yeah that's true... i was staying away from new york or kongo angling ships and firing APs since they might be vets :P

I ran into a division of 3 people who I have run into regularly in higher tier matches.... I may have gotten kraken in my albany, but my team got wrecked by them.... High tier players shouldnt be incentivised to go back to T2 because its mostly people still learn

ing the ropes

However we have to finish those T2-5 missions... for the community LOL

Its kind of fun having an 11 point Captain on a St Louis

you sure the retraining can be finished before the mission is done? :P

I've met some vets down at tiers 2 through 4.  I normally play tiers 4 through 7, sticking to my premiums.  It's been fun to lock horns with a couple of people I recognize on the forums. :honoring:

pray there would be more vets on your team, or it won't really be fun :P

I feel kinda bad for the biblical beat down the new players are enduring but it also allows them to participate in the event. 

yeah, but it sometimes may be good for them. noce I told our new york to angle the ship and fire APs =_= and he said nobody taught him those before... well... gladly it helped...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I feel kinda bad for the biblical beat down the new players are enduring but it also allows them to participate in the event. 

Which begs the question, why would WG insert events that specifically encourage seal-clubbing?

All it does is drive players away, or to the forums complaining about cheaters, hacks, broken game and adds to the recent toxic spam on the forums. 

Not sure how this helps the game, when they have been complaining about numbers on the server....:unsure:

And before the claims roll in that the events brought in a bunch of people, the jump in numbers started with a major NA TV ad campaign, just in time to bring in new seals....:teethhappy:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,550 posts
29,927 battles

Which begs the question, why would WG insert events that specifically encourage seal-clubbing?

I don't think they did it to encourage seal clubbing. I expect they wanted new players to get in on the action and hoped the veteran players wouldn't all crash the lower teirs for 10 lousy pearls. They probably figured maturity and fair play could be found in the existing player base. As it is those newbies won't be able to recover enough to get the pearls before the mission ends.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

I sold the Emden when I got it... Now I have to sell my farragut to get this kuma for the missions... will sell this kuma for st louis soon =_=

Haha! A practical advantage for never selling premium ships!

I'm all set for all of these:

Diana, Emden, Albany (didn't play it)

Aurora

Arkansas Beta

Gremyashchy, Murmansk, Marblehead, and I've still got an Omaha

Paid full price for the Gremy only. :bajan:

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I've played a handful of Tier 2 battles today because I started my Russian DD line, and the battles have been great. A lot more skilled play so far is what I've seen. Closer matches, less one sided blowouts. Time will tell though, I'm sure I'll eventually get where most of ya are at with MM if I play enough today.

Members
1,348 posts
14,078 battles

Yeah, all you high tier people need to go back to the high tiers. You're killing my win and ship kill rates ;)

[O_O]
Members
7,952 posts
22,561 battles

Have missions in lower tiers, people complain about encouraging seal clubbing.

Have missions in higher tiers, people complain about catering to veterans.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,679 posts
24,330 battles

Wow 8 kills! Nice. My best during the event so far has been 7.

For a vet player it does not take long to get the missions done for the low tiers. So most of us will be done shortly.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Where was the complaint?

And wouldn't removing tier restrictions encourage people to play the ships they enjoy and play regularly, rather than down-tiering to beat on new players still learning the game?

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

All it does is drive players away, or to the forums complaining about cheaters, hacks, broken game and adds to the recent toxic spam on the forums. 

Not sure how this helps the game, when they have been complaining about numbers on the server....:unsure:

And before the claims roll in that the events brought in a bunch of people, the jump in numbers started with a major NA TV ad campaign, just in time to bring in new seals....:teethhappy:

I don't think they did it to encourage seal clubbing. I expect they wanted new players to get in on the action and hoped the veteran players wouldn't all crash the lower teirs for 10 lousy pearls. They probably figured maturity and fair play could be found in the existing player base. As it is those newbies won't be able to recover enough to get the pearls before the mission ends.

I've played a handful of Tier 2 battles today because I started my Russian DD line, and the battles have been great. A lot more skilled play so far is what I've seen. Closer matches, less one sided blowouts. Time will tell though, I'm sure I'll eventually get where most of ya are at with MM if I play enough today.

Yeah, all you high tier people need to go back to the high tiers. You're killing my win and ship kill rates ;)

Wow 8 kills! Nice. My best during the event so far has been 7.

For a vet player it does not take long to get the missions done for the low tiers. So most of us will be done shortly.

How many nails ya got sticking out of that club?  Those poor seals...

guess won't stay long before we get back to high tiers, since only need 10 for T2 and 10 for T3 :) we are doing this... for the community LOL since the milestone rewards are for everyone in project R :)

on the other hand, i guess new players can learn a lot from skilled players, like how to angle the ship, how to aim, how to use APs and HEs effectively. it's good for them to know those before they get to higher tiers and completely become seals...

Haha! A practical advantage for never selling premium ships!

I'm all set for all of these:

Diana, Emden, Albany (didn't play it)

Aurora

Arkansas Beta

Gremyashchy, Murmansk, Marblehead, and I've still got an Omaha

Paid full price for the Gremy only. :bajan:

only have arp kongo and myoko LOL

Where was the complaint?

And wouldn't removing tier restrictions encourage people to play the ships they enjoy and play regularly, rather than down-tiering to beat on new players still learning the game?

for higher tiers, they always complain about repair fees :P

Edited by BrainzO_O

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles

Why have kills in tiers? How a bout 15 kills in a BB, 20 kills in a DD, and 30 kills in a cruiser.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

Why have kills in tiers? How a bout 15 kills in a BB, 20 kills in a DD, and 30 kills in a cruiser.

you might consider reading the full set of missions

Beta Testers
15,669 posts
4,714 battles

They obviously haven't met any Moba or MMO players then.

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

you might consider reading the full set of missions

guess in that case, they would be similar to those win XX battles with XX class missions... well perhaps WG just want new players to join the event, since those missions are simpler than, say, the 1800 xp in a single battle, for people only have T5- ships.

They obviously haven't met any Moba or MMO players then.

yeah here in WOWs, although people can buy a tirpitz and instantly join a T8 battle, they may still be seals to skilled players :P 

i train a captain in my izy, won't play any 2,3,5 missions ofc

we are doing this for the community, for the community... yeah... for the community... we are not evil :)

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,105 battles

I may sell my New York and use that slot to start grinding the USN DD line ;) I use a 16 point captain from my Nürnberg (he got promoted to Tirpitz duty) in the Emden and it is a bit of fun. But then again all those new players are a pain, lost 3 out of 4 battles because they yolo rush or didn't know the game machanics so they leaving the cap 15 seconds before the win because of a maybe kill.

I may get the Aurora out for the t3 (13 point Murmansk captain) and buy back the Isokaze for the t4/destroyer mission. The Arkansas feel to slugish to play.

Sign in to follow this