Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
okjoek

Hello.

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
6 battles

I've been playing World of Tanks since about 2012. I was a tester for World of Warplanes. That game was a huge flop IMHO so I was skeptical about this game, but some friends of my younger brother play it and said this was pretty good so I plan to get it downloaded soon to try it for myself.

I'm not the biggest fan of Anime. I mean I really enjoyed Pokemon and Avatar the Last Airbender, but we're confused and make jokes as to why WG plaster it all over the game's home page. My brother has a passionate hatred towards that kind of stuff. Calls it [EDITED] whatever that means. I don't care. Not worth getting upset over cartoons, but I feel they're taking the "sex sells" thing way too seriously because there's no men at all that I can see.

Personally I want to avoid the sort of big gun battleships and play more light, fast, stealthy and overall more practical vessels such as Submarines, Aircraft carriers and destroyers if they have all these. I saw Mighty Jingles reviewing some Polish ships so I look forward to trying them.

Edited by okjoek
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Welcome to the forum and soon the game !   As a search will tell you there will not be submarines in this game . There are some very stealthy DD's though . And there are CV's .

• Cool 1

[DO-IT]
Members
17 posts
3,807 battles

Welcome! As Chien stated above, there are stealthy DD's that are sneeki beeki. I'd recommend the Japanese destroyers due to their ability to stealthtorp enemy warships from distance. Although US DD's are decently good, and so are Russian DD's. The Polish Błyskawica is a decent little bugger too, although it'll probably be the only Polish ship for a while. For carriers, I'd recommend Japanese carriers (although I've never played them) due to their higher strike potential than US CV's (at least from what I've read)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Calls it gooktoons whatever that means.

LOL!  :D

As someone who thoroughly enjoys anime, yet has a unique appreciation for creatively offensive words, I'm not quite sure what to make of that one...  A quick search led me to a hilarious Reddit site to suggest that some of the more rabidly anti-anime people to take their posts to instead of here, so thanks!

Anyway, welcome to the game.  As stated above there are no subs to be found here at the moment and there's a strong chance there never will be.  For now I'll agree that the stealthy Japanese destroyers are about as close to subs as you'll get.  While there won't be any Bismarcks to sink until the full German battleship line is added, there are plenty of Tirpitz's (same class) to go around in the mean time!

Members
3 posts
6 battles

LOL!  :D

As someone who thoroughly enjoys anime, yet has a unique appreciation for creatively offensive words, I'm not quite sure what to make of that one...  A quick search led me to a hilarious Reddit site to suggest that some of the more rabidly anti-anime people to take their posts to instead of here, so thanks!

Anyway, welcome to the game.  As stated above there are no subs to be found here at the moment and there's a strong chance there never will be.  For now I'll agree that the stealthy Japanese destroyers are about as close to subs as you'll get.  While there won't be any Bismarcks to sink until the full German battleship line is added, there are plenty of Tirpitz's (same class) to go around in the mean time!

Oh wow I just looked up and it is a derogatory generic word for Asians so sorry, I'll take that down soon. My best friend was born in Korea so that's not cool IMO.

One question I have is whether this game has beaten WoT to multi-core support? It still annoys me that WoT doesn't have it yet.

As for Submarines, that's alright I guess. I feel Subs are kind of obsolete nowadays when you consider the rediculous measures you need to take to beat modern detection methods.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Oh wow I just looked up and it is a derogatory generic word for Asians so sorry, I'll take that down soon. My best friend was born in Korea so that's not cool IMO.

One question I have is whether this game has beaten WoT to multi-core support? It still annoys me that WoT doesn't have it yet.

As for Submarines, that's alright I guess. I feel Subs are kind of obsolete nowadays when you consider the rediculous measures you need to take to beat modern detection methods.

No worries, nobody here could justifiably accuse you of intending offense with that.

Haven't played any other WG titles besides this one, so not too qualified to answer questions comparing it to Tanks.  From what I've heard WoWS is unfortunately NOT especially well optimized compared to other games.  Many have claimed to experience significantly worse lag here than when playing WoT on the same system, but it's still a new game and should likely improve as it matures.  In my personal experience, I used to get noticeable and regular lag spikes on my 5 year old rig, but stopped having any issues after upgrading my hardware to what will hopefully be overkill for the next few years.

I'm still kinda hoping to see subs wind up here eventually, perhaps only in a special convoy game mode, but am not expecting them anytime soon.  Also for the record, I'd say that the nuclear subs of today are more powerful than ever.  With continuously improving speed, stealth, homing torpedoes, ballistic missiles, and the ability to stay submerged indefinitely (limited only by food supplies and crew endurance), they are still very much a relevant threat.

Sign in to follow this