Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
suleiman71

Hopeless fights that turn into miracles

14 comments in this topic

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Let's share our latest experiences.

Last match our team had a battleship, a destroyer, and three cruisers fighting towards the enemy base. I had left the group to defend our base with a low health Atlanta and a full health Kongo with me. I had just gotten to help when the Atlanta died. So the Kongo and I were left to fight a Murmansk, Myoko, Colorado, New Mexico, and I think a New York. We fought them to a standstill, killing one or two of them, before the not so organized rest of our team captured their base against an even more incompetent handful of defenders. 

A few morals.

• Sacrificing a quarter or half of my firepower saved my [edited] from being nuked. Try it. I know it's hard, I myself almost didn't do it. 
  • This is one of those times you can't depend on your brawling ability. We fought a fighting retreat from our base.
  • Sometimes incompetent fools on your team win against even more incompetent fools. 
  • Warspite's guns are stupidly good.

Share your stories. :)

[this topic is featured in my content archive]

Edited by ShermanMedium

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

The video linked in my sig is a good example of those hopeless cases that works out in the end.   I never get tired of watching it.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

sometimes, words of encouragement, rather than bashing, will give enough of a morale boost in your team to fight to the bitter end.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

sometimes, words of encouragement, rather than bashing, will give enough of a morale boost in your team to fight to the bitter end.

We won, btw.

And actually, the folks on our team by their base were bashing our Kongo and I for not going with them, our morale was quite poor while we were defending,

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Forcing my team forward under the threat of a torpedo attack for any coward who turns away usually works too.

In other words, there's not really any definitive proof of your statement.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
1,360 posts

Well I was once put in a situation where the only way for us to win was for me to snipe a destroyer halfway across the map, and I did. Does that count?

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Well I was once put in a situation where the only way for us to win was for me to snipe a destroyer halfway across the map, and I did. Does that count?

I say yes. As trying to hit a destroyer from that far away isn't really that easy.

Beta Testers
768 posts

akmE4Yc.png

Compare how many Tier 10s they had to how many we had.

I'm super grateful that my team listened to me when I told them to hang back and stall.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

akmE4Yc.png

Compare how many Tier 10s they had to how many we had.

I'm super grateful that my team listened to me when I told them to hang back and stall.

Damn, Plattrax and his buddies are really terrorizing every tier. 

[SLFF]
[SLFF]
Members
976 posts
65,456 battles

I managed the "Solo Warrior" achievement once, just my Hashidate against 4 opponents at the end.  They weren't smart enough to group together, so I was able to maneuver carefully and take them on one at a time and sink them all for the win.

Members
44 posts

Only had one match so far that I was able to salvage at the end against the odds.

Was on the Strait map in a 3 cap match. My team did a good job locking down 2 of the caps but sadly didn't survive for very long. At the end I was the last ship on my team floating near the C cap. I saw that the enemy team still had 2 BBs and a CL left whereas I only had a half dead Murmansk. I considered yolo charging and just being done with it, but then I realized that they never capped anything after clearing out my team and opted to come and chase me down instead. So I still had 2/3 caps and was ahead in points. So I ran away.

The CL got super salty and started screaming at me about being a coward and that no one likes a coward and that I should be ashamed of myself. I didn't bother responding to him because I figured if he's busy chasing and screaming at me then he isn't busy capping my points. So I just left him to rant and kept running. Clock timed out and I won on points. It was grand.

Edited by Lan451

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

In this replay, 2 of us took the north route.  Battleships.  The last battleship went south after loading in late.

Next thing we know, the entire enemy team is pushing northwards.  And the squishy units that went south were being picked off one by one.  

If they had forced a cap, they would have won.  Instead, they were kind of bloodthirsty.  So I was allowed to run and gun.  With the few survivors from the southern front helping, we somehow managed to win.

http://wowreplays.com/Home/Replay/162

Edited by Misniso

Members
130 posts
8,341 battles

it ain't til it's over!  This was around Christmas that started with an accidental TK....no big deal we'll play on. No real strategies or initial team chat as I went west with Nagato/ZEGstarcraft, and next thing we know we're alone and decided to turn back to home cap as we are outnumbered, then our team partially evaporated on the east side. As we return to home cap, we are literally being swallowed up from both flanks as well as 2 DD's coming up the middle channel...."this is it boys, let's go out sluggin!"

All 6 DD's save one, a full health Tirp, natago, 2 cruisers half health, and both CV's (one had brazenly sailed up with the group) all surrounding us....the last of our cruisers melted, so it was myself, Nagato and two CV's (sailing in circles just outside cap with no place to go). So we went out swinging with our Cv's behind us (they did an outstanding job TP and BP's in our vicinity without hitting us ). We managed to take out BB's with firing and CV support....and this was where I learned firing in two directions....bow guns firing at DD to Port, and stern firing at another at Starboard. The DD's kept showing broadside for torps and we amazingly finished them off (using AP!) and pursued the first CV siting just behind a rock next to our cap.

I literally had chills from the comeback (and it wasn't from the Schofferhofer grapefruit beer I was sipping, which I highly recommend)....the relief was analogous to the Deathstar blowing up

Kudos to Teammates and the GG's from the other side----best game yet---Don't get cocky!

zshot_15_12_29_16_42_06_0025b.jpg

Sign in to follow this