You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

Collisions at Spawn

12 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,259 posts
39,621 battles

I saw a lot of collisions at the spawn at tthe lower tiers. I assumed that it was caused by inexperiance. I have worked my way (slowly) to tier 7 and still see them. I wonder what zoom level players are in when they play. I am usually zoomed all the way out so I have a pretty good view of what's going on around me. I had a slow load in the other day and when I loaded my Pepsi was actually being pushed by a BB. Any thoughts? It just seems kind of stupid to me.

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,450 battles

It's usually more due to loading in disparately. I'll set a course and then this guy will all of a sudden get in and say OH FULL SPEED AHEAD STRAIGHT LINE IM LATE. And then crash.

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
14,529 battles

Mostly its bad driving in Higher tiers too.

Most seem to feel the I was here first rule applies

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

when I loaded my Pepsi was actually being pushed by a BB.

some players just don't care because proper team ramming damage is not being assessed

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,811 posts
10,119 battles

some players just don't care because proper team ramming damage is not being assessed

And other people care too much and will torp you for touching their pretty paintjob. :P

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

And other people care too much and will torp you for touching their pretty paintjob. :P

send REPLAY to support and never worry about them again

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Boats turn weirdly.  It's not like a car where any adjustment to the steering wheel will allow an instantaneous reaction.  It takes time for a boat to adjust its heading.

Doubly so when you finally realize that a boat turning at slow speed has nearly the same turning circle as a boat turning at high speed.  Sans drifting from inertia.  So slowing down for a tighter turn isn't going to work.

[PVE]
Members
1,259 posts
39,621 battles

Boats turn weirdly. 

No ships turn like ships. I wonder how many people that play have ever operated a boat, much less ever steered a ship, or even been on a ship underway. I've operated boats for years and the largest ship that I have ever taken the wheel of were Cleveland class cruisers. Running into other ships and/or boats is not necessary at the spawn.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
20,102 battles

My big problem is at spawn is I want to go port or starboard...i wait a bit and other ships not moving, so I move and get up a full head of steam and then the other guys finally spawns in and, since he's late, he gets those engines fired right up and there I am crossing the T.... and usually both players get a bit upset.  In all reality the view is NOT 360, your view is very limited even zoomed out, its not like your really there and that in itself causes problems.  These ship in reality have multiple lookouts and officers to prevent the collisions we see on a fairly regular basis in spawn and in battle...its the nature of the beast to some degree.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

No ships turn like ships. I wonder how many people that play have ever operated a boat, much less ever steered a ship, or even been on a ship underway. I've operated boats for years and the largest ship that I have ever taken the wheel of were Cleveland class cruisers. Running into other ships and/or boats is not necessary at the spawn.

For those of us without this experience, the next best thing ends up being...tanks and cars.   I believe that playing as a ship has not been exceptionally popular until recently.  So it's a new medium for many players.

And there are major control differences.  With tanks, just reverse the treads and spin on a dime.  With cars, you don't have to contend with gliding on a "frictionless" fluid.

Edited by Misniso