dseehafer

The complete "What's the difference" and "Size Comparison" series

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

94 posts in this topic

were did you find Tama?

Kuma in game is modeled after Tama. I say in the opening paragraph in every size comparison list that all ships are named after the ship they are rendered after. That's why Kuma is labelled as Tama, why Karlsruhe is labelled as Dresden II, why Iowa is labelled as Wisconsin, why South Carolina is labelled as Michigan, why Atago is labelled as Takao, why Kongo is labelled as Hiei and so on and so forth. Edited by dseehafer

Added all destroyers - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/107338-size-comparison-all-destroyers/

Hey everyone, just a quick update.

The giant image with all ships in game is coming along nicely. It's not taking as long as I expected, I guess that's because I do not have to go back and re-size every single ship on GM3d, paste it into paint and make sure the ship isnt crooked before pasting it into the big list... I can simply take the existing picture of the ship that I already have and paste it into the big list, just gotta move some ships around and make sure everything lines up properly. So far the list features all battleships and aircraft carriers and about 1/4 of the cruisers, no destroyers yet.

I should have the image done by the weekend BUT .... I do not plan on posting the image to the forums until all of this stupid Alabama nonsense wears off. I have put way to much work, time and effort into this to have it immediately buried under a couple dozen Alabama whine threads, I want people to be able to enjoy the image. Call me narcissistic, big-headed, whatever... that's just the way I feel and that's the way it's going to be. It could be as soon as this weekend or as long as a week or two before I decide to post the image. Just a fair warning. 

Edited by dseehafer

Added "All ships" - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/107820-size-comparison-all-ships/

Added new section "Ship models in game that need updating and/or corrections" 

Just a quick update: the new Russian destroyers and Mutsu will be added soon. :)

Added new series "3D Size Comparisons" and added first thread in that series "800+ foot Battleships"

Added "USN Treaty Battleships and Iowa" to the 3D size comparisons. 

Added "V-25 and Kurfurst" to the 3d size comparisons.

Any update on when you'll be able to get a chance to add the French cruisers to the size comparison?

Any update on when you'll be able to get a chance to add the French cruisers to the size comparison?

Already done... for about a month now. But only on the "all ships" thread and not the cruisers thread.

Already done... for about a month now. But only on the "all ships" thread and not the cruisers thread.

Oh okay. Probably why I missed it. My bad.