You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AXELGREASE

T5 getting screwed

39 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
Members
981 posts
7,394 battles

All day for 2 days, every T5 battle has been against T7 ships.  Always bottom tier.  It is frustrating enough to have teammates stealing kills, by waiting until I wear someone down to get the kill shot, now I am at such a huge firepower disadvantage I haven't killed a ship all day.

MM is so broken, I can't see playing this game much longer, if all I get for my troubles is dead and frustration.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

I do just fine in those games.  I mean, even if there's a Tier 7, it's just 1 or 2.  Hardly boss-level.  If anything, you're playing a Tier 6 game with a little spice.

Edited by Misniso
  • Cool 1

Members
208 posts
2,157 battles

So I'm alittle confused cause generally MMer will give you two battles of equal tier and then one up tier battle.  That doesn't mean the equal tier games are tier 5 the highest but that most ships will be tier 5 maybe a few tier 6 or 7.  So when you say all your getting is tier 7 games is there one or two tier 7 ships on each team or that there are mostly tier 7 and your the only tier 5?

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

i dont notice this, and i play a good amount of T5 grinding credits the marblehead. sometimes there are a few T7s, but nearly never more than 2-3. unless youre in a division with a T6 or 7, then thats what you get.

besides, most T5s can put a hurt on a T7, just dont go alone...

your complaint about this and your 'kill stealing' comment make me think that youre making too many excuses. if someone 'steals' your kill, then go steal someone elses. shoot at ships till sunk, pretty simple.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
1,658 posts
6,794 battles

Most T5 ships i know can compete pretty easily with T7s.  You have to be a bit more cautious sure, but it isn't like they gave you a rowboat and flaregun.

• Cool 2

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Beyond a few exceptions, the tier difference isn't a huge deal, those exceptions being the power spikes at Cleveland, Iowa, Essex, and T5 in general.

Bottom tier just means more exp for the damage you do.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
166 posts
6,247 battles

I like being low tier sometimes.  If I do well I just get that much more experience and credits.  Plus as others have said, I take it as a challenge.  Plus it is nice to gloat a little when I sometimes end up at the top of the board in the low tier ship. :trollface:

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I get the same thing in tier III.  Most of my battles are with tier IV and Tier V players.  And it's not just one or two V's either.  

The bragging rights thing is true, and I didn't even know I got extra xp and coin for it.  Problem is, I'm new and still learning the necessary skills- which means my point totals are usually miniscule.  It did feel good being last man standing in my last battle in my St Louis- it was down to me and 3 of them, plus their carrier.  Almost made it to the cap zone until they found me.  Cool battle ,though!   I can only imagine the howls of dismay if I had managed to cap them!   Did pretty darn well in a surprise slugfest with a T V BB, too- he did kill me, but he PAID for it!!

Is it terribly petty of me to take some satisfaction in seeing the BB from MY team get dismantled, after he cut my bow twice in a minute( causing first a collision that locked us together for a bit, and then shortly thereafter, he ran me aground in VERY hostile waters) ??   After all, I was alongside an island and had no place to go to get out of his way.

Members
1,360 posts

The Kongou fears no foe! Bring it, Lolarado!

Minekaze as well. You wont be one-shotting Nagatos, but you'll definitely be the one with the torpedo advantage.

[4TAC]
[4TAC]
Members
440 posts
18,247 battles

All day for 2 days, every T5 battle has been against T7 ships.  Always bottom tier.  It is frustrating enough to have teammates stealing kills, by waiting until I wear someone down to get the kill shot, now I am at such a huge firepower disadvantage I haven't killed a ship all day.

MM is so broken, I can't see playing this game much longer, if all I get for my troubles is dead and frustration.

I sympathize. I actually quit playing my Tier VI Cleveland because almost every battle was up against Tier VIIIs. (Can you say "too many Tirpitzes and Atagos"?) I'm sure it was just bad luck just like you're having with your Tier V ships.

Now really good players will say "it's just more opportunity for experience" or "it's a challenge." Good for them. Personally, I don't like being out-tiered by two levels, especially those times it seems to happen battle after battle.

However, I am not saying this happens too frequently. Usually, the MM gives me as many favorable battles as unfavorable. But when you have one of those streaks with a particular ship, it is annoying!

[RBW]
Beta Testers
237 posts
3,243 battles

That just means you should get more EXP and credits due to damaging higher tier ships. In CBT, it was common to get a 3 tier spread, and I once got nearly 4k base exp from a game in which I was bottom tier 3 tiers down due to the spread. Tiers matter a lot less in Warships vs WoT. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

It sucks, especially in carrier, but trust me, you're not completely useless.

Battleships can still flatten T7 cruisers.  Had no problem wasting Pensacolas in my Kongo.

Destroyers can still cause devastating amounts of damage to enemy ships even if they can't kill.  Torpedoes are torpedoes.  Enough said.

Cruiser wolf packs can demolish just about anything.  The sheer volume of fire that T5 cruisers put out means that even a higher-tier battleship is going to be set on fire.  And fire doesn't care about what tier you are, it's happy to eat at your HP all the same.

[-BMV-]
Members
763 posts
5,345 battles

I sympathize. I actually quit playing my Tier VI Cleveland because almost every battle was up against Tier VIIIs. (Can you say "too many Tirpitzes and Atagos"?) I'm sure it was just bad luck just like you're having with your Tier V ships.

Now really good players will say "it's just more opportunity for experience" or "it's a challenge." Good for them. Personally, I don't like being out-tiered by two levels, especially those times it seems to happen battle after battle.

However, I am not saying this happens too frequently. Usually, the MM gives me as many favorable battles as unfavorable. But when you have one of those streaks with a particular ship, it is annoying!

You quit playing a Cleveland and you are complaining? You're in for a rude awakening going higher in tiers then. Cleveland is above her tier currently. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i dont mind +2  per se,  but not when it has +2tier cv with good manual dropper.  got erased in my murmansk by dual torp spread .     it happens lol   all it means is less new low tier playing.  

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,425 battles

i dont mind +2  per se,  but not when it has +2tier cv with good manual dropper.  got erased in my murmansk by dual torp spread .     it happens lol   all it means is less new low tier playing.  

Any good manual drop cv captain ruins people's day regardless of tier.

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

To be honest if this were Wot I could sympathize, but it's not, this is WoWs, teor gaps are not as important.

In a tier 4 I can still do a lot to a tier 6 or a tier 6 can still do a lot to a tier 8, it's all bout knowing your ship aND its strangths. And less knowing about your opponents, Unlike WoT.

If you are having trouble feel free to ask for advice, but don't complain about Mm or your team, Even in the tier 3 kawachii ( arguably the worst BB in the game,) and gets pretty poor MM . I have better than a 50% win rate. It's all about you and your ship

Edit: kills are quiet literally the least important thing to making progress . Literally everything else, capping, stopping a cap, shooting  planes all give you more xp thar getting that last hit in

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,809 battles

When I'm bottom tier, I look on it as an opportunity. You get more xp and credits for damage dealt to ships higher tier than you.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

I've noticed MM has been wonky the past week or so... It's usually in my favor but I still give it a double take. 

Like hop in my Amagi divisioned with a Tirpitz, and get plunked into a game with all T6/7 as the only 8s. Huh? 

[O_O]
Members
7,944 posts
22,488 battles

Matchmaking is +/- two tiers.  Sometimes you are high tier, sometimes you are low tier.  If you get a streak of being the low tier, be patient, your luck will improve.

I think the OP may be exaggerating a bit, though.  Even when I am low tier, I never see the rest of the lobby stacked with +2 tiers.  There may be a lot of +1 and several +2, but I doubt it was as bad as he depicted it.  Threatening to quit the game because of it seems childish.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
86 posts
1,746 battles

Sounds like you need to run a few coop matches to blow off some steam.  Everybody has bad games.  I got stuck in my stock New Mex last night against primarily tier 8's.  The great thing about world of warships though is you can still damage anything you face unlike WOT.  Of course I got wrecked badly in that match but it was more so because I made a mistake and against higher tiers you pay a lot more for it.  The next few matches after that though I was top tier or in matches with very few tier 7's.  World of games are like a pendulum.  Sometimes you are going to wreck face for a bunch of games and other times you are going to face a streak of absolute pain.  At least world of warships has a coop mode as a respite from the storm.  

[R3KT]
Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
25,020 battles

​Tired of it also.  Warplanes had the same game breaking problem that wasn't fixed until to late.

If you win matches, you go into high tier matches.  It's their stupid way of trying to balance.  Very counterproductive.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

yesterday, all my murmansk game was in T7.  I can usually do ok with   DD in higher tier, but tougher in CA and BB..    it seems like I get my win% up above 60% for couple days  and then I get hit by tough MM and bring it down below 60.      WR is still on uptrend, so can't complain too hard.   even with occasional derping  :D