You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Randomoose

Long Range Maneuverable Cruisers

12 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,284 battles

Out of personal experience I find long range maneuverable cruisers OP to a degree. This is from the perspective of a battleship driver who has only played up to tier 7; I'll acknowledge that right now. But I find myself quite often facing cruisers I can't hit. When you can't hit something and they have a 2-5% chance of fire it only ends one way. Sailing at 15 or 16 km they can maneuver and avoid fire. Not as much of a problem if you have fast shells or fast reloads or are significantly faster.

War-gaming, you've done a great job with this game but this aspect is broken.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

WASD Keys OP, please nerf.... best bet, dont fire an entire salvo... fire one battery where he is going, and fire the rest where you predict he would turn. That saturates the area and gives you hits. A BB can erase a CA in a salvo, calling it OP for them to be able to turn (as they should be able to) is almost comical. Not trying to be harsh, but yeah.

• Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

Don't mind me, I'm just sailing in a straight line at 19 kilometers with my Konisberg firing AP at you.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Don't mind me, I'm just sailing in a straight line at 19 kilometers with my Konisberg firing AP at you.

But the time to target though. I tried AFT and yeah, its like trying to lead with an US DD with AFT, send it one zip code ahead and hope he doesn't turn lmbo

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

But the time to target though. I tried AFT and yeah, its like trying to lead with an US DD with AFT, send it one zip code ahead and hope he doesn't turn lmbo

19.6km, 18.43 flight time.

IF the barn is broadside, still have to aim unzoomed.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

19.6km, 18.43 flight time.

IF the barn is broadside, still have to aim unzoomed.

Yeah, I gave up AFT for demo expert. Although fires are still rare it is better than competing in another space race just to get my rounds to target lol

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

The key to hitting maneuverable ships is to stagger your shots.

Shoot half, they swing with their twitch reflex, you quickly follow up with shots that will hit them, because their rudder won't return in time.

[13TH]
Members
4,901 posts
9,124 battles

Your kidding right? I've got a Murmansk and admittedly a little on the glass hull side but BBs that fire all guns at once usually get hits it's the " shotgun effect"loose have my life or worse never broadside him and never let him broadside you so he can fire all his guns, finally after hundreds and hundreds of games I figured out a tactic in my Cruiser that lets me be more aggressive yet can usually survive the game while taking on BBs when I have to ... The secret ................

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I've burned down lot of BBs in my murmask.    not afraid of NY or kongo.  they burn nice  :P    NM/Fuso is more dangerous and nagato is a monster if it hits.         burning down colorado is lot of fun too.  done that with myoko as well.