You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pmgaudio

is the Blyskawica worth the $$$

25 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,484 battles

well based on this game, YES absolutely.. I wish I could convert the replay on this potato...
It is a beast of a ship and so far worth every penny!!

shot-16.01.03_17.00.42-0483_zps1sa5w2ml.

shot-16.01.03_17.00.57-0538_zpsjn7kcl4t.

Edited by pmgaudio

In AlfaTesters
957 posts
3,049 battles

First time out in it I lost my engine three times in a row as fast as I could repair it and my steering twice.... I right it off to me not playing it right. I liked it though and will keep trying it.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,004 battles

To me it is. It surpassed Kiev in my list of most liked, and it is surpassing Benson (my personal preference of course which is always current - so it may be different later, and is displayed in my sig).

Edited by alexf24

Members
168 posts

The answer to the question is the same as the answer to questions about any purchase from WG and relative to your expectations.

If you buy it you'll most likely be pleased initially, but what about later?  If/when you become bored playing that one ship where will you be able to progress to, what will it cost you additionally to do so or will you be content to make that purchase and stick with it?

If you're like me and progressing through the game and earning rewards is where you get your enjoyment then buying anything will likely lead to eventually disappointment as the economics of the game are designed to get you to keep paying to keep moving on.

With WG products I've come to learn that you will get EXACTLY what you pay for and not one thing more.  So make sure you want precisely what you're buying and nothing more.

Edited by UncleDirtNap

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
14,476 battles

I like it, a lot

I think if you have the Fujin you might think it is just a little better than the Fujin because of the gun fire rate and damage.

It does not compare to the Sims in Gun Firepower but it is better in speed and torpedoes.

It is a good premium ship for gaining for exp at this point.

I bought it for its unique value,

Members
125 posts
1,461 battles

I personally love the Blys because at its heart, it's a gunboat. It has some serious fire-setting ability and it's AP does well against similar tier cruisers.

It also has the largest HP pool of any tier 7 DD. However, its turrets are easily destroyed and it's engine is easily incapacitated. But once you get a 5 skill captain, you can easily become a stealth ship and invisi-fire and ambush ships with torps.

Members
707 posts
6,036 battles

The Kiev got nerfed so it clearly surpasses the Kiev now. Wouldn't be too surprised if that's one reason why WG nerfed it so hard, previously both ships were very similar and may not have enticed Kiev-owners to buy it but now...

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,425 battles

The Kiev got nerfed so it clearly surpasses the Kiev now. Wouldn't be too surprised if that's one reason why WG nerfed it so hard, previously both ships were very similar and may not have enticed Kiev-owners to buy it but now...

Will it go the way of the Kiev though (and be nerfed) as it is very powerful for its tier?

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,103 battles

I love how in this ship you tend to get hits on everyone. I'm used to only seeing 4 or 5.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Well no, not really...

Kiev is still pretty strong at countering enemy DDs, while Blyska is more oriented at starting fires on bigger ships.

Beta Testers
447 posts
6,131 battles

Will it go the way of the Kiev though (and be nerfed) as it is very powerful for its tier?

WG is slower to nerf Premium ships.  While its not impossible, it won't happen soon.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

WG is slower to nerf Premium ships.  While its not impossible, it won't happen soon.

I dont see how they can nerf much on the Blyskawica. 

gun  layout is historic.

Gun velocity is historic 

Tonnage is historic

Speed is historic... 

The only thing I can see them nerfing is Torps / HP pool . 

Everything else should remained untouched cause its very much historical. 

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

I don't think so unless it's average win rate gets completely ridiculous. Right now the 2 week win rate at Warships.today is sitting at 51% compared to 57% for the post-nerf Kiev. Only thing that really clouds that number is it is not unusual to see a Blys per side which means Blys as a ship is going 50-50 in that match. Whereas finding a Kiev is almost like spotting a 4-leaf clover any more. The things that hold her back from pre-nerf Kiev levels are her slightly worse shell arcs, mediocre rudder shift time (for a DD), low ROF (~5.9 second reload with BFT), and lower top speed. The trade-off of those downsides is the ship gets a sliver of invisi-fire & invisi-torp capability out of the gate, useable torpedoes, and a semi-reasonable detection range for a gun boat. A good captain can certainly work around her weaknesses and, when played to her strengths, Blys is a difficult ship to handle. In my estimation, she is very much like a T7 Gremyashchy.
Edited by UnseenSpectacle

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I can see them nerfing the fire rate from 11 down to 8%.    One saving grace is the number of less capable DD captains, which keeps the WR down.     probably won't get changed for a while if ever.   Post nerf kiev is down to 53% winrate, so it is probably fine now.

Edited by centarina

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

I can see them nerfing the fire rate from 11 down to 8%.    One saving grace is the number of less capable DD captains, which keeps the WR down.     probably won't get changed for a while if ever.   Post nerf kiev is down to 53% winrate, so it is probably fine now.

Her default fire chance is 8%. Only way you can get 11% is to take Demolition Expert. The same skill would give you 10% fire chance in the Kiev.

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Just joined this week, they've stopped selling them in the prem shop yes?

Yes. It's anyone's guess when it'll be back up.

[-AFK-]
Members
144 posts
3,577 battles

I don't think so unless it's average win rate gets completely ridiculous. Right now the 2 week win rate at Warships.today is sitting at 51% compared to 57% for the post-nerf Kiev. Only thing that really clouds that number is it is not unusual to see a Blys per side which means Blys as a ship is going 50-50 in that match. Whereas finding a Kiev is almost like spotting a 4-leaf clover any more. The things that hold her back from pre-nerf Kiev levels are her slightly worse shell arcs, mediocre rudder shift time (for a DD), low ROF (~5.9 second reload with BFT), and lower top speed. The trade-off of those downsides is the ship gets a sliver of invisi-fire & invisi-torp capability out of the gate, useable torpedoes, and a semi-reasonable detection range for a gun boat. A good captain can certainly work around her weaknesses and, when played to her strengths, Blys is a difficult ship to handle. In my estimation, she is very much like a T7 Gremyashchy.

I agree she is a difficult ship to handle, but for different reasons.  She is a VERY versatile ship.  You have to really decide how you want to approach the enemy based on enemy composition.  I will normally go after enemy US and IJN DDs at any tier and up to tier VI (Ognevoi) Russian DDs straightaway. If I get matched against Kiev, Tashkent, or Udaloi I will try not to duel them and instead call them out to my team as a priority target to get the cruisers to deal with them.  The Blysk can outduel tier 7+ Russian DDs, but it requires some adept maneuvering and pinpoint shooting.  I'd day odds are like 40/60 against them so I choose to keep my health and not deal with them at least early on.  The rudder shift is not great but its good enough.  So what this means is dodging and kiting wont be effective until about 11-12km away.  Any closer and you can get hit easily by high velocity shells.  The torps are not great, but good enough.  Invis-torping is difficult but possible. What I try to do is get directly infront of enemy or in front at a 30 deg angle and launch them so they run into them.  Because the enemy is heading into them they can be launched from from further out.  I've had hits from torps Ive lauched from 10km + because I got myself into a position infront of a enemy BBs as it sailed at me.  Guns are not great, but good enough (starting to see a pattern here?).  7 120mm cannons have plenty of hitting power to deal with DDs and CL.  But against CA and BB those small caliber rounds just pepper them and dont do much hp damage,  Against those targets you're really try to get a few fires going.   Turret rotation again is not great but good enough.  So when up against a USN DD with fast turret rotation, a Blyska driver must take into account which side the aft turrets are facing and plan the approach accordingly or if time swing them around.  The gun arcs are not as good as RU DDs, but good enough to land shells reliably against BBs and slow cruisers out to max range.  I'm running AFT in mine with good results.  I can really give enemy BBs fits because at around 11km or so they can't see me.  You have speed advantage vs most enemy DDs as well.  In my opinion this is the best tier 7 DD because of its flexibility.  Imo, the most important DD attributes are speed, torpedoes, detectibility and guns (arcs) and Blyska gets at least a B grade in all of these.  You really dont have to make any sacrifices in any attribute when you drive a Blyska giving you the freedom to choose how to handle the enemy instead of just having one huge advantage in one particular attribute like the other factions.  

Edited by Teflon_007
  • Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,891 battles

They  don't nerf prems they do however buff them.

Beta Testers
48 posts
16,453 battles

Worth every penny.  Lots of guns, fast, good concealment.  Everything you'd want in a DD (except maybe faster torps).

Problem:  nothing else in the Polish fleet, so you can't train captains for other ships.  Just a minor annoyance to me.

You won't be sorry if you get it.  :)

Good hunting.

Members
266 posts
2,744 battles

I do great in nearly every ship I own... except the Blyswiska. Dunno why. I love the US gunboat style, and rock it in the Mahan.

I think people have generally learned that the Blys is a pretty easy target. It turns poor for a DD, and is large, with fragile turrets. US DDs meanwhile, may have poorer arcs, but nothing skill can't make up for at medium range. But they turn like fighter jets.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,550 battles

I didn't buy Blys since I already have a Sims prem DD to use at T7... and I'm trying to limit my real money purchases.  But even now I am on the fence about it and would consider getting it when it returns.  It looks like a fun ship, and being priced in the low $30 range when it was available, it seemed like a bargain  for a T7 premium, relatively speaking.  Heck I bought an Atlanta for fun only when it came on sale for $30ish and Blys has a much better reputation.

Members
2,007 posts

I LOVE my Blyskawica. Best money I ever spent on WoWs.

That destroyer is an absolute beast with AFT. There's virtually no other ship I fear when sailing this DD except the Soviet DD's, Benson, Mogami, Zao. It's near untouchable if played properly at 11kms out or farther. BB's are laughable, CV's don't work, IJN and USN DD's melt, and most cruisers can't even hit me.

My kill/death ratio has gone up, and I have 11 million creds in the bank too with a standard account.

Me and my budz will get a division of 3 Blyskwica's together, and terrorize the enemy team relentlessly in formation with endless HE/AP spam.

Everything sinks with enough fires set. Eventually.