TXT1993

[MOD]Kantai collection and anime ship skin

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

66 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I want to share some of my skin mod that I made to you. 

All my mods are anime and kancolle related, so if you like it, feel free to download. :honoring:

And I also want to thank team pravda for their amazing mods that inspired me to make mine.

US ship

Battleship

Montana (Battleship princess, kancolle)

Screenshot

jcUmD2X.jpgr5Ra6nw.jpgF8HXpS5.jpgADTKOG3.jpgyanP1M1.jpg

Download link

New Mexico (Ru-class battleship, kancolle)

d3M39J8.jpgIeN3tgr.jpg

Download link

Iowa

German ship

Cruiser

Admiral Hipper (Prinz Eugen, kancolle)

*Warning: I did use the Nazi swastika in this mod just because it would fit this German ship better than the vanilla in-game flag. I don't encourage or support the nazi by any mean. 

Screenshot

rPAS6j0.jpg MAq2ozf.jpgS3RmMKH.jpg

Download link(outdated)

Download link for update 0.5.6 and higher.(new)

Yorck (Weiss Schnee, RWBY)

tqVBLps.jpgRNLq3TV.jpguIWY8xB.jpg

Dowload link

(Since the image quota for each post is not much. I'll just attach the post link to the ship name from now on)

Nurnberg

Konigsberg

Roon

Japanese ship

Battleship

Cruiser

Destroyer

Fubuki with Inazuma skin

Kagero with Amatsukaze skin 

Shimakaze and her new gun texture

Russian ship

Cruiser

UK ship
Battleship
Spoiler
For glowing effect please follow the instruction of ReNation here.

Good luck and fair seas. :honoring:

Edited by TXT1993

Just a question, Because I haven't been keeping up with skin mods and I honestly don't know how to place them. But do you have any of the lower tier mods? Like for the Wyoming? I'm currently on my T4 Wyoming and gonna be there for a while. Is there a pack to download or what?

Hi guys, 

I want to share some of my skin mod that I made to you. 

All my mods are anime and kancolle related, so if you like it, feel free to download. :honoring:

And I also want to thank team pravda for your amazing mods that inspired me to make mine.

US ship

Montana (Battleship princess, kancolle)

Screenshot

Download link

New Mexico (Ru-class battleship, kancolle)

d3M39J8.jpgIeN3tgr.jpg

Download link

German ship

Admiral Hipper (Prinz Eugen, kancolle)

*Warning: I did use the Nazi swastika in this mod just because it would fit this German ship better than the vanilla in-game flag. I don't encourage or support the nazi by any mean. 

Screenshot

Download link

Yorck (Weiss Schnee, RWBY)

tqVBLps.jpgRNLq3TV.jpguIWY8xB.jpg

Dowload link

I will post more if you like my mods

Good luck and fair sea. :honoring:

DAT WEISS SKIN!

GLORIOUS!!!!

Nice work on german ships! Grabbed both, looking up for more of them :) By the way, you did Montana nearly like I did. What if you focus on german ships while I finish the USA tree? But anyway continue with everything you like - that's great that new modders appear :izmena:

Edited by VikingRDD

A little question about these ships - as I see you didn't use _mg and _n files, could you add them to your skins?

A little question about these ships - as I see you didn't use _mg and _n files, could you add them to your skins?

Well, since I dont quite understand how those files affect the ships' skin so I just leave them be.

It would be nice if you can explain to me how they work. :hmm:

Edit*

I did some research and I find that those _mg files can make things glow on the ship skin. But is there any different between editing _mg files and using outer glow effect directly on the _a files (this is what I mainly use in my mods) ?

And what do the _n files do to the ship skin??

Edited by TXT1993

Just a question, Because I haven't been keeping up with skin mods and I honestly don't know how to place them. But do you have any of the lower tier mods? Like for the Wyoming? I'm currently on my T4 Wyoming and gonna be there for a while. Is there a pack to download or what?

I include some instruction about how to add custom skin in my zip files. It's quite easy to understand. 

And sorry, I dont have any US tier <6 ship skin. But I think I'll make some in the future.

Nurnberg skin, Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill (the anime is really crazy with all the actions and boobs :trollface:. It's pretty much the same with the Nurnberg everytime I play it (minus the boobs)). 

zWmdTZp.jpguPme52X.jpga little cross-over with Tenryuu in Kancolle :3 Grev2Df.jpgdCbIFio.jpg

Download Link

Nurnberg skin, Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill (the anime is really crazy with all the actions and boobs :trollface:. It's pretty much the same with the Nurnberg everytime I play it (minus the boobs)). 

a little cross-over with Tenryuu in Kancolle :3 

Download Link

Well, since I dont quite understand how those files affect the ships' skin so I just leave them be.

It would be nice if you can explain to me how they work. :hmm:

Edit*

I did some research and I find that those _mg files can make things glow on the ship skin. But is there any different between editing _mg files and using outer glow effect directly on the _a files (this is what I mainly use in my mods) ?

And what do the _n files do to the ship skin??

I see that you didn't disable the camouflages too

Here's a very useful link - read at least 3-4 last pages - there was just a discussion about these _n and _mg, especially how to make a glowing effect.

As for theory here it is:

1, _n file is needed to show the height of some elements above the flat model - it points the game where to draw small shadows. For example, for the deck or windows

Without _n modified:

aad4d-clip-458kb.jpg?nocache=1

With _n modified (the portraits are flat and without deck texture):

333d0-clip-420kb.jpg?nocache=1

2. _mg file is needed to show the lighting of the model - it means glow or shading effect

Without _mg modified:

2f41b-clip-284kb.jpg?nocache=1

With _mg modified (harder to notice than _n but when you look at the ship it seems to you that something's wrong - the difference between the very nose fo the ship that is flat and the portrait that is a bit shadowed plus the puddles on the deck):

5f273-clip-311kb.jpg?nocache=1

But the main usage of this file is to show the glowing effect

Without glow:

a69ce-clip-764kb.jpg?nocache=1

With glow (the boards have a slight metal shining effect - it seems nearly invisible but when you ship turns around a source of light it looks awesome):

85456-clip-855kb.jpg?nocache=1

Also many modders use _mg to create glowing tribal marks for Arpeggio skins

3. The camouflages are removed by using camouflages.xml file. Here's the instruction how to use it. Also you can find camouflage models in 

Here are the files for my Iowa skin that was used in this demonstration. If you need to take a closer look on the sources - ask me in PM I'll send you xcf files with channels and layers separated.

Edit:

AWESOME Nurnberg skin! I love the sries very much and your skin is wonderful! Can I request a skin with Satsuki for Konigsberg? Please...

please_8261284_orig_.jpg

I've installed it and saw that the problem is not in camouflage - that's the _n file modifying. You should copy all portraits from _a to _n file and fill them with the main color (I call it blue :) ) - so the portraits will be cleared of parasite lines

Edited by VikingRDD

And thank you very much for the german line of ships! They were missing in the collection - IJN is in work by a lot of modders - they use Arpeggio and Kancolle characters, I work with USN - nearly finished it by the way... And no one for Germany and Russia :(

I see that you didn't disable the camouflages too

Here's a very useful link - read at least 3-4 last pages - there was just a discussion about these _n and _mg, especially how to make a glowing effect.

As for theory here it is:

1, _n file is needed to show the height of some elements above the flat model - it points the game where to draw small shadows. For example, for the deck or windows

Without _n modified:

With _n modified (the portraits are flat and without deck texture):

2. _mg file is needed to show the lighting of the model - it means glow or shading effect

Without _mg modified:

With _mg modified (harder to notice than _n but when you look at the ship it seems to you that something's wrong - the difference between the very nose fo the ship that is flat and the portrait that is a bit shadowed plus the puddles on the deck):

But the main usage of this file is to show the glowing effect

Without glow:

With glow (the boards have a slight metal shining effect - it seems nearly invisible but when you ship turns around a source of light it looks awesome):

Also many modders use _mg to create glowing tribal marks for Arpeggio skins

3. The camouflages are removed by using camouflages.xml file. Here's the instruction how to use it. Also you can find camouflage models in 

Here are the files for my Iowa skin that was used in this demonstration. If you need to take a closer look on the sources - ask me in PM I'll send you xcf files with channels and layers separated.

Edit:

AWESOME Nurnberg skin! I love the sries very much and your skin is wonderful! Can I request a skin with Satsuki for Konigsberg? Please...

I've installed it and saw that the problem is not in camouflage - that's the _n file modifying. You should copy all portraits from _a to _n file and fill them with the main color (I call it blue :) ) - so the portraits will be cleared of parasite lines

Thank you very much. I'll read them carefully. :honoring:

BTW, that camo on Nurnberg is actually a custom skin :trollface: . I've already used the remove camo mod in aslain mod pack. 

And Satsuki on Nurnberg, sure, why not =)). But it'll take some time since I'm working on my Yamato mod :3 .

Edited by TXT1993

My newest mod is Konigsberg with Satsuki(Kill la Kill) as main character :3 
And I also add glow effect thanks to VikingRDD's guide.

To install, just extract the zip file into your res_mods/x.x.x.x folder (x.x.x.x is the latest version of WoWS)

Here are some screenshots

VEBNDvA.jpgqIKFf8Z.jpgVhMoHW0.jpgRA7GA19.jpgH3PXn3i.jpgVx9Tnk6.jpg

Download link

Edited by TXT1993

My newest mod is Konigsberg with Satsuki(Kill la Kill) as main character :3 

And I also add glow effect thanks to VikingRDD's guide.

To install, just extract the zip file into your res_mods/x.x.x.x folder (x.x.x.x is the latest version of WoWS)

Here's some screenshots

Download link

In the name of all Chaos gods! Thank you man I was waiting for this! *Running away to buy back Konigsberg*

[WIP] My next mod for German cruiser: Roon with Rory Mecury, Gate-Jieitai kanochi nite kaku tatakaeri. Finish watching both season in just 2 days and I really like Rory and her character. So I start making a skin mod with her right after the last episode end. 

7Njndqd.jpgSo, what do you guys think?

p/s: Guns, director, range finder... textures belong to xandier59 of Pravda team. 

[WIP] My next mod for German cruiser: Roon with Rory Mecury, Gate-Jieitai kanochi nite kaku tatakaeri. Finish watching both season in just 2 days and I really like Rory and her character. So I start making a skin mod with her right after the last episode end. 

So, what do you guys think?

p/s: Guns, director, range finder... textures belong to xandier59 of Pravda team. 

Very nice color scheme. You can try to use glow on portraits - not everywhere but only on some elements - for example, eyes and these red splashes. Also I see a mistake in the board inscription - it says "Rory Mecury" instead of Rory Mercury. Maybe some white stripes on the deckhouse would look nice too... But the idea is wonderful and this character from Gate is also my favourite.

P.S. I will certainly use this skin! You give me hope to level up my poor Yorck :)

Hello all, I am looking for a a certain set of video logins form a little while back. does anyone know if they are still around for usage, or have they kinda been phased out?

the first one is this:  https://www.youtube....h?v=KXAg5801KWw

the second one: I cannot find a video but it was a dancing Bismark 

Can anyone help me out with this plz?:D

Work done, here is my Roon skin with Rory Mercury, I guess the skin textures fit well with guns textures of xandier59. For tier X Hidenburg I suggest the skin of xandier59 since I'm using it too: https://pravdateam.wordpress.com/2015/12/11/wows-skin-germany-tier-10-cruiser-hindenburg/  and you can clearly see that some main/secondary guns, director, finder and other details textures are actually from the Hidenburg skins.

Thanks xandier59 and team Pravda for their awesome work.

Some preview pics:

A7mVL95.jpgdkSz548.jpgpmCOCcR.jpgsbKNrES.jpgrbmcfui.jpg

Dowload LINK

Edited by TXT1993

I wonder how are you going a skin for Iowa with this picture http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Iowa/Gallery

hehe, I got my mind on it already. But it hard to find non-lewd art of Iowa on the internet. I'll make Iowa mod right when I see there is enough normal pic :D. Edited by TXT1993

Here is my second mod for Russian ship(the first one is my Gremyashchy)

Light cruiser Schors with Eve skin(Elsword)

HbF6cf8.jpgp85pMaY.jpgIzhiYfH.jpgUBR3LHf.jpgPFkkIc5.jpgiiPkqSp.jpg

Dowload LINK

Edited by TXT1993