You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JeeWeeJ

Want to know about Alpha/Beta testing? Read this!

1,210 comments in this topic

Crag_r    1,276

Highly probably there will be some sort of test, quiz or question-air as in WoWP, also to take from this, is the Devs are not looking for the "right" answer, but the level of knowledge / time available / PC specs, associated with what is needed for that focus group or stage of testing, NOT how long you have waited to get in. :Smile_honoring:

So pretty much it is based on a bit of chance and a bit of luck!

Edited by Crag_r
  • Cool 33

Mathayus    51

Nice job on making a topic like this JeeWeej, hopefully this wil stop the crying etc.

This also gives some nice information about what testing is all about. +1

• Cool 5

JeeWeeJ    2,127

View PostCrag_r, on 20 September 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Highly probably there will be some sort of test or question-air as in WoWP, also to take from this, is the Devs are not looking for the "right" answer, but the level of knowledge / time available / PC specs, associated with what is needed for that focus group or stage of testing, NOT how long you have waited to get in. :Smile_honoring:
Yeah, thats what i meant with the quiz, but questionnaire might be a better word. And totally agree, thanks! :Smile_honoring:
  • Cool 1

JeeWeeJ    2,127

View PostRadix4257, on 20 September 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Nice, a +1 for your sardonic humor...lol.

View PostMathayus, on 20 September 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Nice job on making a topic like this JeeWeej, hopefully this wil stop the crying etc.
This also gives some nice information about what testing is all about. +1
Thanks guys! Happy to help. :Smile_honoring:
  • Cool 3

Spanisharmada    245

sorry but I have a question. Im a bit younger than 18. does that mean even if I have one of my parents click that button I could be banned?

• Cool 2

JeeWeeJ    2,127

View PostSpanisharmada, on 20 September 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

sorry but I have a question. Im a bit younger than 18. does that mean even if I have one of my parents click that button I could be banned?
That depends where you live and what the NDA actually says (as i haven't seen it). It has to do with at what age you are -by law- allowed to sign legally bound contracts. This is usually the age of 18, but varies per country or region (like the US or EU) When you "sign" with the consent of your parent, that means that IF something happens that results in a breach of the NDA and legal action is taken. Your parents will be held responsible for your actions. And action (like banning your account or something like it) will only be taken if you are in breach of the NDA, and even then it varies with how severe the breach was. If you're doing nothing wrong, nothing will hapen!

So if you're chosen for testing, please consult your parents about the NDA. Just to be sure.

And i know that this is all legal crap and i don't like them any more than the rest of us, but companies must have these clauses to protect themselves and their assets. Edited by JeeWeeJ
  • Cool 5

Tanz    1,540

Great post JeeWeeJ :Smile_great:. I'm sure this will help some..some :Smile_sceptic: people out

• Cool 3

NargilFenris    552

Can we get this stickied now so that we can maybe hold back the tide of repeatedly asked questions? Also very good post.

• Cool 4

Windhover118    1,150

Very nice post JeeWeeJ. I hope the majority of the people who want to get into alpha understand that its not supposed to be a preview of the game but rather a way to help the developers make sure the game works properly.

Gaea    971

Pinned.

Thanks JW for writing this up.

• Cool 6

JeeWeeJ    2,127

View PostGaea, on 20 September 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Pinned.

Thanks JW for writing this up.
Thanks Gaea! :Smile_great:
  • Cool 1

Crag_r    1,276

View PostSpanisharmada, on 20 September 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Look i have been under that NDA for a few months now for WoWP. Basically if you don't talk about it or if you do you can put a link to it on the WoWP or in this case WoWS website, you will be fine.
  • Cool 1

_OldFox    6

Hi

Thanks JW for ALL the info in your post

Very helpfull, short and for that a +1 for you

Old Fox

Gaea    971

View Postjason921, on 21 September 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

I was told alpha testers of world of warplanes would be invited first.  is that true?

Seeing the way the alpha testers for WoWS would be chosen hasn't really been decided upon yet, and is still under discussion - there is nothing set in stone.

Crag_r    1,276

View PostGaea, on 21 September 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Seeing the way the alpha testers for WoWS would be chosen hasn't really been decided upon yet, and is still under discussion - there is nothing set in stone.

So how about some of your Favorite Australian pilot, beta testers? :Smile_smile:

Gaea    971

View PostCrag_r, on 21 September 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

So how about some of your Favorite Australian pilot, beta testers? :Smile_smile:

Well, seeing you're beta testing WoWP, you probably won't have time to effectively test WoWS...

(I'm joking people. Just a joke - as said before, I know very little about the alpha testing process, seeing it hasn't been decided yet).
  • Cool 2

Crag_r    1,276

View PostGaea, on 21 September 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Well, seeing you're beta testing WoWP, you probably won't have time to effectively test WoWS...

(I'm joking people. Just a joke - as said before, I know very little about the alpha testing process, seeing it hasn't been decided yet).

Gosh you scared me there for a second, :Smile_ohmy:  but if WoWP goes live by the end of the year and WoWS starts testing next, that shouldn't be an issue right? :Smile-_tongue: Edited by Crag_r
  • Cool 1