Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EasternWu

Passive gameplay T5 and above

10 comments in this topic

Members
178 posts
1,275 battles

The ship I have had the most success with so far is the Kuma. I've been playing more Tier 5 and 6 games and what i have noticed is that players become much more passive. I really like aggressive, spartan style gameplay but Tiers 5 and 6 are not like that. Everyone seems to sit back, which often results in a loss. I believe there needs to be more rewards for aggressive gameplay and not sitting back and cruising along. Survival should be taken into minimal account when calculating scores, and much more emphasis be placed on damage dealt and ships sunk.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,497 battles

Are you going to be the person on your team that will pull a leeroy Jenkins?

Call me a coward but I prefer to be pushy but not so much so that I am charging solo into the enemy team. 

There's no point dying early

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

Since previous patch, not today's, I'm seeing ALOT more tentative/sniper DD's with their torps.

Even Shimakaze's flat out refuse to cap. With *that* cooldown and without even spotting an enemy... out go the torps.. on a mostly open map.

I reckon repair bills is still too damn high.

Members
6,622 posts
8,658 battles

Since previous patch, not today's, I'm seeing ALOT more tentative/sniper DD's with their torps.

Even Shimakaze's flat out refuse to cap. With *that* cooldown and without even spotting an enemy... out go the torps.. on a mostly open map.

I reckon repair bills is still too damn high.

Well, WG didn't even change any repair costs. All they did was adjust the earnings of ships. Most saw minimal to modest credit increases, and some (like Amagi and Nagato, really WG?) actually saw a decrease in credit earnings. Oh, and they made that one signal flag a -10% to after battle repair cost rather than a -5%.
Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
191 posts
6,242 battles

This seems to come and go for some reason. Most of my games played are at or around T5 and I made a thread exactly like this a couple months ago then it seemed to change and the game play improved but now, like the op, I have noticed it again myself. 

I just don't understand why it is happening so much from time to time at T5. 

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

Wargaming should just force everyone to play in Imperator NIkolai's, there'd be none of this passive gaming going on, ever.

It would be epic and glorious.

Members
178 posts
1,275 battles

It is intensely frustrating to advance with a few other players, thinking that they will push, but once they encounter the enemy they stop supporting me and turn the other way. I've also been on many teams where everyone starts going one way but ends up going another or completely scatters. Despite being a newbie I like to deal damage and sink ships, but it is so intensely frustrating when I am dancing salsa while everyone else is doing a tango. I always call for my teammates to push at the beginning of a battle, to at least delay the enemy if we are outgunned on one flank. 80% of the time I ask if someone has a plan, and no one responds.

It's like I am Zhang Fei or Zhao Yun while everyone else is trying to be a wannabe Zhuge Liang or Sima Yi by thinking they are being strategic, while in fact they are just afraid. 

Members
178 posts
1,275 battles

I also ask my teammates how fast or slow they are sailing. Repair fees at Tiers 5 and 6 are not high at all, yet most still like to hang back. 

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

I put my ship in a place where it can make the biggest difference based on what I see on the map. If people do perform their roles and attack the appropriate targets, everything works out great. If cruisers are farming damage off of battleships while destroyers are hunting ours... yeah.... that doesn't turn out so well. 

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

I'm sorry but if you're heading in one direction and the course of battle changes and you aren't paying attention and making wrong assumptions that everyone has made a 100% guarantee in writing that they will push in that direction and never waver, and then the team decides for whatever reason (even for reasons you refuse to admit but instead assume because they are scared) to change direction, and you fail to adapt and sale off into lemming land, that is all on you.

You're stats would improve tremendously if you played even slightly more conservatively.  You have less than a 30% survival rate (battles survived / battles played).  You're dying far too soon and not allowing your guns to influence the match enough in the second half (after ten minutes).

I don't care how much damage you think you're doing.  At T4-5 which are your most common played, especially the Omaha, you have noticeably less than 20k avg damage per battle.  That is horrendous.  Playing that many games in an Omaha, you should have over double.  You're what I call a suicide player.  If you're dying before the 10 minute mark doing far less damage than you should be, you're a suicide player.  And I bet far too many games, you're dying before the 5 min mark.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm taking the time to do a thorough detailed analysis of your stats, and whether you want to recognize it or not, it tells a very clear story of your performance in game.  The most successful people in life, athletes, actors, business professionals, salespeople all require a great deal of humility and self awareness to grow and become better.  They need to give themselves a mental enema and throw out all their false perceptions and be open to the advice of those who perform better than them.  That's how I got better.  I watched those who were better than me and I mirrored them.

You have two choices.  You can maintain your far too aggressive play style and refuse to admit that your avg damage per game is far lower than it should be (and doing damage is the most important factor in winning games) and continue to ignore the minimap and make the necessary adjustments to keep your ship above water and guns in play longer.

Or you can take my advice and the advice of warships.today that also says in its automated analysis that you do below average damage and the advice of other players in these forums and get better.  Then look on your past self and say, "Man was that old me being silly."

Being an aggressive player is not a bad thing.  But just like in poker, being a loose / aggressive player is a very bad thing.  You can't own both of the following however:  You can't be loose / aggressive AND be on the above average side of being a value to your team.  Right now, you are below the average mark meaning you are a detriment to your team more often than not.  The beautiful thing though is that you are in 100% control of changing that if you want.

Sign in to follow this