You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dynamax

FPS Drop Bug is still here

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
Members
46 posts
27,542 battles

Played maybe 30 games since the patch and thought maybe it was finally fixed, but just popped up again playing my KIEV and dropped to 2 fps (worst possible result with fastest ship ingame).  I wouldn't think the bug would be hard to fix especially given it apparently not only affects you, but multiple people on the team.  

Members
212 posts
11,631 battles

Try Alt + Tabbing, it usually fixes it for me. Had the bug once, went from 40 fps to 3 fps, alt tabbed and back to 40.

What exactly does that do?

[WOLFD]
Members
46 posts
27,542 battles

Oh and it mysteriously goes back to normal FPS after you die.  Seems like with the length of time the bug has been around and with all the specific details about it, that it would have easily been fixed by now.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

What exactly does that do?

Pressing Alt + Tab? Just changes you to a different window, alt tabbing again should bring you back to the WoWS window.

Members
212 posts
11,631 battles

Pressing Alt + Tab? Just changes you to a different window, alt tabbing again should bring you back to the WoWS window.

OK thanks :)

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

Try Alt + Tabbing, it usually fixes it for me. Had the bug once, went from 40 fps to 3 fps, alt tabbed and back to 40.

Thanks for the tip. I had this happen to me in a high tier ranked battle and it drove me nuts!

[HLNT]
Alpha Tester
384 posts
1,735 battles

Had it last night, alt+tab did nothing. I have settings at the lowest possible level for everything just to maintain 40fps, but when me and my team are all experiencing dives into the 4-10fps range, you just wanna turn the game off.

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

Had it last night, alt+tab did nothing. I have settings at the lowest possible level for everything just to maintain 40fps, but when me and my team are all experiencing dives into the 4-10fps range, you just wanna turn the game off.

Yup, because at that point it is no longer a test of skill and game knowledge but who can deal with the stuttering slide show mess the best.