You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nuk_

Am I scum?

Am I the bad guy?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Am I the bad guy here?

• Yes
    • No

54 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I decided I would play a game in my Marblehead to get some credits and end my horrible losing streak. Because of said losing streak, I wasn't in a good mood. I got into a match on Two Brothers, and a fail division of an Ognevoi and a Derzki suggested going down the middle. Since I really wanted to end my streak and wasn't in the best of moods, my response was a bit vulgar. They both promptly launched torpedoes at me. I dodge most of them, though I took two. I started firing back, and managed to sink the Ogenvoi, and the Derzki began to run away. Even though I was low health, I still managed to get 900 XP on a loss(the streak continues.)

So my question is, was this my fault? Did I overreact, or did they?

EDIT: For the record, they fired torpedoes at me because I said "No, you failtooning idiots" when they started rambling about going down the middle. They fired first. Not me.

Edited by Nuk_

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

They were screwing over your team, you need to go do something else for an hour, get some bacon, bacon makes everything better. 

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

They were screwing over your team, you need to go do something else for an hour, get some bacon, bacon makes everything better. 

you're right, it does.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Yes

Might I ask why? What was I supposed to do?

Beta Testers
428 posts
1,613 battles
Yes and no. They should not have failtooned, but you should not have teamkilled either of them.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Not really, people shouldn't get so butthurt over chat that they start TKing. But if someone launches torps at me intentionally, I'm returning fire.

[_XXX_]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts

No, I consider self-defense permissible 

while i am against TK's..sometimes..well a whoops i missed shot should be allowed

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

No, I consider self-defense permissible 

You only have his side of the story.  Generally there is more to it than what the poster says.  I see this all the time.  Just what did you say to them OP?

Edited by dmckay

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

You only have his side of the story.  Generally there is more to it than what the poster says.  I see this all the time.  Just what did you say to them OP?

see edit.

[CRNGE]
Banned
3,786 posts
3,406 battles

except that OP is a decent player and I doubt that he's BSing

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

see edit.

Saw edit.  Not nice to say to them but if that is all you said then they are kids.  And kid mentality can be old dudes also!!!  Overreaction.  I see that a lot also. People do nutty stuff when they have anonymity. Lotta bad azz wanna be's out there.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Saw edit.  Not nice to say to them but if that is all you said then they are kids.  And kid mentality can be old dudes also!!!  Overreaction.  I see that a lot also. People do nutty stuff when they have anonymity. Lotta bad azz wanna be's out there.

Yeah, I realized after I did it I shouldn't have spoken up. But still, I don't think I should've been Tk'd for saying something like that. After I said that, the Ognevoi said "You sure you wanna be throwing insults around?" Next thing I knew, 70 kt rocket torps coming straight for me.
Edited by Nuk_

0 posts

I can understand why you fired back, But while you aren't scum in anyway, you were merely enraged by a person who is ruining games for others, and I get it :) just try your best to avoid stepping down to their level. 

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,935 battles

I have started just exiting to port after a brief statement about the fail toon and go load up another ship recently. I even got one of em to go pink and send me a PM to cuss me out because it was my fault they TKd me and went pink. One look at my avg damage and you will see that it happens a lot.