Super_Dreadnought

IJN in colour (image intensive!)

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

227 posts in this topic

It might be nice if someone that could read his forum helped out with letting him know that what he does is really appreciated.  Very few things in this world actually make me want to make a permanent library when I reinstall window's his stuff is one of them.

Actually if you go back a couple of pages Irootoku himself turned up. He knows of this topic and that we really appreciate his work. The wonders of the internet bringing people from different continents together, tis a heartwarming thought.

Yup Yup I remember that day, it was pretty neat having him come out.  Recalling  the communication barrier, and was thinking it might be nice if someone that was able to, could pass on our appreciation better than we could.  Just a thought.

I wonder if he'll post his old ones back.

I'm still missing a few.

I think they're back online, there are many 2007 dated pictures like these Ukurus.

EDIT: Oh, they're only low resolution... I didn't notice that initially.

RE-EDIT: You can get the full resolution picture if you remove "-s" at the end of the url.

Edited by RedBear87

Having him stop by was definitely a awesome experience.  I hope he will stop by again, so many questions. 

Bumping to save from the dreaded archive.  And so the new guys get an opportunity to catch it. Thanks again Super D, really enjoyed these.

Not sure specifically what a "protected cruiser" is, but going by this I'm guessing no other than the Katori and Chikuma.  Nothing before 1905 or so.  Hopefully that helps answer your question.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/1697-what-we-know-about-ships-updated-25112014/

Edit: Looked up the difference, it's the armoured belt at waterline midships and typically 19th century.

Edited by Moksie

Has it been said if Japanese protected cruisers will be in the game?

Chikuma (1911) is confirmed to be in-game. Earlier protected cruisers are probably not very likely to appear, but who knows.

It looks like the pictures are again directly available in full resolution, good.

Chikuma (1911) is confirmed to be in-game. Earlier protected cruisers are probably not very likely to appear, but who knows.

It looks like the pictures are again directly available in full resolution, good.

Indeed, protected cruisers for the most part, should be left out of the game. 

Yeah I thought this was strange. 

97068b0f_zps6y5x3clc.jpeg" />

Looks like NavyField

The IJN has always interested me. They

Posted Image

post WW2 - but notice how strikingly those rust stains match the game's rust

There video of the navy Damage team On the ISE/Hyuga On Youtube that are  Real color film Its a  nice view into the Brutal Bomb hits

post WW2 - but notice how strikingly those rust stains match the game's rust

I noticed that too. Clearly WG is going for the 'we just lost a war and and can't be bothered to maintain our defeated vessels' look.

Great thread! Thank you so much for posting!

I thought it was just to make the KanColle thing cute but was it actually pink!? Maybe it's in my head but it looks like it could have been a little bit pink here...gDlZ52P.jpg

bkDq4D9.png

Great thread! Thank you so much for posting!

I thought it was just to make the KanColle thing cute but was it actually pink!? Maybe it's in my head but it looks like it could have been a little bit pink here...gDlZ52P.jpg

bkDq4D9.png

Your Color Image is more appropriate of the Kancolle Refit Ushio. This is a black and white image, but is her before she had one of her turrets removed. would be nice to have it colorized.

3vFS9X4.jpg

So our seems as though most of the Japanese ships were simply painted in some shade of a dark gray? Aside from the carriers which sometimes carried an elaborate, albeit relatively ineffective, camouflage scheme on their flight decks.

IJN ships were painted in three shades of grey paint depending upon what shipyard they were built as.

It was very rare they they were actually given camouflage. 

This is a great post, I'd been wondering why the Japanese ships in game use green camo on ships... but I can see now that it's apparently historically accurate. All the pics I'd seen have been black and white up to now.