You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KiloZulu

Share your ranked battle horror stories!

36 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
2,665 battles

On the open ocean map, we had one player in a cruiser state that he would draw their fire while we capped.  Despite our overwhelming objection, and begging him to stay with the group, he was firm in his belief that his master plan would work.  He sailed off by himself, was killed in a hail of fire by the enemy, who were not the least bit distracted since no one else was in range yet.

On tierra del fuego, we had captured B and were picking apart the enemy that was doing circles in the open water around A.  An enemy DD was pinned down behind an island between the two cap points.  He was already low health, and if he left the strip of shore he was hiding behind he was sure to get hit.  Suddenly our South Carolina swings and heads around the island...to fire at some cruiser in the distance.  Sure enough, the DD sends a full spread of torps into him from about 1km away.  Full health to dead in a split second.

In the same location, different battle, an enemy Tirpitz on low health was passing between two islands from A going towards B.  Another South Carolina captain at about 3/4 health turned and headed right towards the Tirpitz.  I yelled in chat, "WATCH HIS TORPS!" but it was too late, the SC thought he was going to exchange broadsides with the Tirpitz and finish him off.  The Tirpitz continued on to taking B away from us.

Start of the battle, we're trying to decide where to go, when one of the team happily announces that he's drunk.  To which another replies that he's just been smoking his bong.  The game went about as you would expect with such serious competitors.

Edit: replace all references of South Carolina with North Carolina. *oops*

Edited by KiloZulu

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

I was in a battle that had a North Carolina sail past two caps because he was chasing the carrier.

He didn't shoot at stuff either, said it'd mess up his stealth.

Members
21 posts
2,665 battles

I lost two battles getting to rank 10, it was horrific.

A friend of mine has been having a similar string of luck with his teams.  He and I started playing on the same day, and he's rank four.  I got within one win of rank six before suffering loss after loss that has left me yo-yo'ing back and forth in rank nine.

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
65 posts
7,409 battles

I went from rank 4 3 stars to rank 8 3 stars in one night

I'm still recovering from that night and probably will never get back up.

Also had this battle earlier, why me

VfnG9RG.jpg

56TYNgL.jpg

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

The game that got me to rank 1 was won with the help of the enemy Tirpitz tking their Tashkent with torps.

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
6,062 battles

"In the same location, different battle, an enemy Tirpitz on low health was passing between two islands from A going towards B.  Another South Carolina captain at about 3/4 health turned and headed right towards the Tirpitz.  I yelled in chat, "WATCH HIS TORPS!" but it was too late, the SC thought he was going to exchange broadsides with the Tirpitz and finish him off.  The Tirpitz continued on to taking B away from us."

Was that Tirpitz me? I did this to a NoCal just the other day on that map.

Members
1,699 posts
9,031 battles

:teethhappy:Best Rank battle moment's..Losing all of my main guns in my North carolina and killed a enemy Amagi by ramming him..lol

Edited by iEaTDaGrudge

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

Just got out of a ranked battle where 2 of my team mates were arguing and trying to shoot each other.    The other 5 of us picked up the slack and we still won.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

I used to have a life

I've never played ranked outside of the first public test for it and likely never will.

And I'm more sane and happy for it.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I was in a battle that had a North Carolina sail past two caps because he was chasing the carrier.

ROTFLMAO-R_zpsjzskhtq4.gif

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Sailed beside a hatsu in my tashkent for over a minute. Beep beep! Boom Boom! Was a platinum match too.

Alpha Tester
1,140 posts
2,160 battles

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. But everyone knows how stealthy the North Carolina is. It's about as subtle as a sasquatch walking through the family picnic.

[ROCKR]
Members
368 posts

Second battle at Rank 10...got my NC out, waited what seemed like 25 minutes-to be matched with 4 dd's on each team, 1 ca, 1 bb....Equally as hard for other team, but seemed kinda crazy. Not to mention, it messed with my stealth...sneaking up on a Fubuki from 14 km out.

Members
4,886 posts

promised my team not to cap being annoyed at them not helping me at the beginning of the game

didn't cap

ended in the position when if the game was lost or possibly won was decided by if i could  reach a cap in time

suddenly disconnect in a kilometer from the cap

when i reconnect my dd is standing still near the buoys, we lose, my team thinks i fulfilled my promise and trolled them

3 disconnects in 2 games, thanks for the amazing patch wg, will we have some compensation (haha)

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Members
2,680 posts
7,993 battles

promised my team not to cap being annoyed at them not helping me at the beginning of the game

didn't cap

ended in the position when if the game was lost or possibly won was decided by if i could  reach a cap in time

suddenly disconnect in a kilometer from the cap

when i reconnect my dd is standing still near the buoys, we lose, my team thinks i fulfilled my promise and trolled them

3 disconnects in 2 games, thanks for the amazing patch wg, will we have some compensation (haha)

So things didnt go your way and you whined and complained.... since thats all you do on the forums I guess it makes sense its all you do in game...
  • Cool 2

[CHASE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
6,062 battles

So things didnt go your way and you whined and complained.... since thats all you do on the forums I guess it makes sense its all you do in game...

Savage.

Beta Testers
219 posts
2,787 battles

Most of my horror stories would just be the 100 accounts I have of our DDs getting annihilated one way or another within 3 minutes of the game start and leaving the rest of our team up the creek without a paddle.

Edited by Crocmeister